Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Continued from here.

I just kind of stuck a title on this one, so if you guys don't like it, feel free to suggest other ones and come to a consensus about it and I will change the title. :cool:

Either way...on to thread #6!

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I love the new thread title. I wonder when Anna's gonna have her baby?

3. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I´m not quite sure but I think I read here somewhere that they started filming 5.23 last week where Lindsay gives birth so Anna Belknap should have returned from maternity leave

I think the title is ok.
    At first, I thought of "Humor her" or something with dolls like "Don´t dump her for a doll". But I don´t know, I´m not so creative.
    I hope it´s ok that I made a suggestion although I´m quite new here:)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It's possible we won't really know when she has the baby, we don't even know the name of her first child.

5. CSi:Idette

CSi:Idette Hit and Run

I read in CSI: Files that Lindsay will have the baby soon but it's going to be a long labor. So maybe soon? I hope so i can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl. To see Danny's face when he hears his baby cry. awww *tear*:lol:

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, soon is relative - I think saying May would be pretty accurate.

7. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I´ll miss Lindsay in the next episodes:( I think 5x17 was her last appearance, or? I´m hoping Danny will mention her at least.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  8. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Supposing Lindsay does makes it through to season 6, does anyone have any desired storylines for her?

Personally, and i know alot of people say this, I'd like to see her put in a more dangerous situation like a fire or a seige as i dont think, aside from her small drama in The Thing About Heroes with everyone else, she has had the opportunity to shine action-wise.
    Alternatively I'd like her to have a situation similar to what happened to Catherine in season 8 with a suspect (cant remember the episode but it seems to have magically dissapeared) when he threatens her. This could no dount incorporate the baby and give her distance away from Danny, which i feel she desperatley needs.

Fingers crossed for something in season 6 though, aside from what people say, I still think she has potential for development away from Danny. Or atleast give her the chance?!

9. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

:thumbsup:I totally agree with you, Ad1991. I absolutely want to see Lindsay in danger. I totally liked ´Stealing home´. Perhaps the murderer in ´Stealing home´ escapes from prison and threatens her. And she has to be the one who rescues herself and not Danny.
    Or a cold case involving a missing child and Lindsay is obsessed with solving the crime.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  10. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Yeaaah, i've always thought Lindsay had somewhat of an obsessive streak, with evidence processing and especially in Stealing Home. So I think her getting obbsessed with a solving a missing child case would be interesting, maybe it could go as far as her getting herself into trouble (for once :lol:).

Or, which would be interesting, they could explore her having OCD? It would bring something to her character and cause a bit of drama with the baby/Danny. I dont know much about the disorder but perhaps it could root back to her friends being shot?

11. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

That would also be interesting. After the birth she remembers the death of her friends and she can´t handle to be a mother herself because of her fears. I also thought about any kind of addiction as a result of that.
    But I think that would be too much drama and many people didn´t like season 3 Lindsay. I have to confess that I also liked season 2 Lindsay a lot more.:)

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm sure we will hear when Anna has her baby. We were told in the news about the first one.

13. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Oh yeah, i agree. I think it should be built up slowly and slowly throughout the season - not too in your face, just subtle. Then maybe coming to a head in a Lindsay-centric episode which i beleive, there never has been.
    Saying that though, i'm unsure how an obbessive disorder could be incorperated into a crime show.
    Another possible route to take Linds would be stalker-esque. But i think CSI: NY have kinda killed the stalker storyline :lol:

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I definitely wouldn't want to see Lindsay victimized--being stalked or being in a dangerous situation risks making her even more of a passive character than she already is. The times I've liked the character best have been when she's shown initiative and drive. I also liked seeing her obsessive side in "Stealing Home." I'd love to see that come out again, but rather than endangering her, I'd rather see her obsessive streak endanger someone she cares about--Danny, the baby, another co-worker.

I'd like to see her dark side explored, and see her given some storyline that makes her an active participant rather than a victim or something like that. I actually liked how she went after Danny in season two, and thought it was cool that she was the one who put the moves on him in "Snow Day." I wish we saw more of that version of Lindsay, because I think she's a character I could get behind.

15. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Yeah, that´s right Top41. There´s a danger of making her a more passive character by victimizing Lindsay. But if she is in a dangerous situation or is stalked she has absolutely to be the active one who can help herself. Then I think there could also be a development for her.
    I actually liked Lindsay going undercover in NWILL, but I couldn´t understand why they had to involve Danny and not showing Lindsay as the heroine. Although I really love D/L.
    I also didn´t like so much that Danny flew to Montana supporting Lindsay. In my opinion, it would have been better watching a stronger Lindsay who can handle the situation on her own. The perfect ending of the trial in Montana would have been for me: After the pronouncement of the judgement, Lindsay is taking a deep breath, opening the door of the courtroom and walking away. Or something like that. I don´t know how to describe it better.
    I really like Lindsay and I want to have more storylines for her where she can be a more independent character.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009