The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well people here is the 2nd pet thread. This is a place to talk about and to post pictures of our pets.

If you are going to post pictures try to use the link or thumbnail pictures. Some people still have dial up connections and it takes a long time for large pictures to load.

Other than that enjoy :)

Pet Thread pt 1 :)

I'm going to start the thread off with the quote from speedy

and I've got to include Ducky's cute kitten

2. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Love the quotes. How about these quotes:

"Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts." - Unknown (it was originally the breed name of a dog instead of just "dogs")

"Animals are such agreeable friends. They ask no questions. They pass no judgements." -George Eliot

"Pets are friends for life."

"Dogs come when they are called. Cats take a message and get back to you later." - Mary Bly

"A dog is the only thing in the world that will love you more than you love yourself." - Josh Billings

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole Francis

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

"A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum

"There is no faith which has never yet been broken but that of a truly faithful dog." - Konrad Z. Loreng

"To err is human, to forgive, cainine." -Unknown

"My dog is not spoiled, I'm just well trained." - Unknown

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

They're adorable Dizzney. Beautiful coloring! I've or my family has had gerbils, hamsters and mice. I've had a ferret, but never a guinea pig. They are cuties though.

6. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Dizzney your pigs are cute :) I've never had guinea pigs as pets but I do understand they make great pets :)

Some cat quotes now :)

'Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through the snow'. Jeff Valdez

'Cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience'. Pam Brown

'Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea'. Robert A. Heinlein

'The phrase "domestic cat" is an oxymoron'. George Will

'I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It's not. Mine had me trained in two days'. Bill Dana

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah guinea pigs do make great pets. They are very vocal too and lots of people do not know that. They let you know when they want food or it is treat time. Plus they just like to talk to each other a lot. At least these two that I have now. My previous too were louder overall but not as talkative as these two are. They are smarter than some people think too. Having at least two is good because they like to play around with each other.

8. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh, they're so cute!

I've never had a guinea pig. From small animals I had only hamsters - Artur was first and after few years I've had Fred. Unluckily I don't have pics of them. My mom wants to kill me 'cause I want a rat now. She's close to say 'yes' (lol, it's not problem to buy one rat , but I can't find old hutch which is quite big). I might keep new pet only in my room. And my four cats - yeah, born predators, they're running away from every small thing with eyes (like my "cat" slippers):guffaw:

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The only kind of pets I have ever had are dogs... and one time I had a lizard. Oh and I had a couple of turtles (forgot about them) when I was a kid.

10. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ugh, stupid pixie killed a baby bunny last night :( she hasnt killed anything in years, shes 16 years old for crying out loud!! she only has like 6 teeth left. i wasnt home, my dad saw her. we were both so mad and ignored her. night time is usually her cuddle time, so she knew she was being punished. she had the saddest face on! she even hid under my parents bed. i dont think she realizes what she did was wrong, but she certainly understands we were mad at her. i felt guilty this morning after i found her under the bed so i got her out, gave her a hug, and told her i forgave her. she perked up a bit after that. she will definitely be highly supervised the next time she goes out...

11. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

You all have such cute pets, my mom doesn't let me get a cat or dog (well, a dog i kinda understand that poor thing would be almost the hole day alone,because nobody's home)

But i would love to have a 'Birma' Cat, they're soooo cute, I love the blue eyes :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alright all you cat lovers. I saw this pic in one of our Sunday papers, sometime last year.

Anyways, the first time I saw it I just cracked me up and I couldn't stop laughing. My mom thought I was nuts. What can I say, it hit my funny bone the right way.

I mean the look on the cats face. :guffaw:

So I thought I'd share

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

LOL, awesome picture! Makes me want to put my cats in the sink. :lol:

14. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

They are very cute! How did you get them to sit still? Taking a picture of my two guinea pigs is very difficult. They are very nosy and when out of the cage they always need to sniff every inch of our living room. They only sit still when they're eating or sleeping. :lol:

Here's a picture of my girls, Miesje and Muppet.

[​IMG]

That cat is sooo not happy! :guffaw:

15. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Aaaaww! AppleJack those guineapigs are SO cute! And I like their names. :)