Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Continued from here as the previous thread hit 1000! :cool:

From looking through the thread, I think this is the title that was decided upon...if not, please let me know and I will edit accordingly. :)

2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Txs for opening this thread Top!

[​IMG]

SHE ROCKS!

I don't feel like she has never been in love or has loved someone before, but she does seem to not let people in that easily, so for her to sleep with someone at least means that the person means something to her and that she trusts him...she doesn't strike me as the one-night-stand type...especially not with a co-worker.

I do understand why both times she didn't want to have 'the talk'...the first time at work it was (like Lindsay said) not the best time or place and the second time they were both tired and going to his place right then might have made things even more emotional...When they do get to talk I hope they pick some 'neutral' place with as little distraction as possible..

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Fair enough. But I don't feel that trusting Danny and sleeping with him have to automatically equate love for her either. She pushed Danny away in S3, but we found out that was because of the upcoming trial. The second (literally) the trial was over she made a move on Danny. She also initiated the sex with him after doing shots of tequilla. That, to me, says that she doesn't necessarily have a hard time letting people in (no pun intended), but that at that particular time she didn't want to go there because she was dealing with her own issues.

No, I don't think Lindsay is the type to hook up in the alley with some random dude from a bar, but I don't think she needs to be in love to sleep with someone either.

4. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

about the almost-kiss after the trial, I was trhinking that it was a too rushed given where their relationship was at the time but maybe it was meant more as a thank-you kind of gesture. and he wasnt exactly backing away. he was more waiting for her next step because the ball was in her court.

as for letting people in - she already let Danny in. they were friends in S2 and she said she liked him in LRC. and as for her innitiating the sex - they were in his place after all. to me it looked more like flirting and him daring her in a way then a clear advance

I think the situations is little different becuase he offered to wait, she didint ask him to, it was his choice.

and I agree with Dutch, the talk should take place at a neutral ground and not when they both are emotional or tired

5. PerfectAnomaly

What you said there, to me, just points out her selfish and manipulative nature like a spotlight. She did nothing but push Danny away but he was patient enough to wait for her and support her. She didn't ask for anything and he still was there letting her know he was there for her if she needed him, even after she stood him up. He let her come to him on her terms after she dealt with her issues. He even flew across the damn country to lend her silent emotional support.

Danny pushed Lindsay away and didn't ask for anything and only a month or so after Ruben's death, when Danny is still emotionally devistated, she gets pissed because he declined a lunch invitation. Then she goes into how she's been waiting so long for him to come to her for comfort and the way he's handling his grief is so hard for her. Then she drops the bomb that she's fallen in love with him but because of his bad behavior she has to learn to let that go. She's essentially telling him she's giving up on him and abandoning any relationship with him because his grieving didn't fit her needs and time table. Finally, when he calls her up to apologize, she once again says how much his grief is affecting her and makes sure to tell him how hard he makes it for her to love him.

Taking all of that into consideration it just doesn't make sense to me how Danny can be seen as such a callous ass and Lindsay seen as so caring and amazing.

6. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

The reason that I like Lindsay is because she isn't perfect. If she was shown to be caring and amazing all the time, then I would wonder if something is wrong with her, because then she would be like Superwoman. In Danny's defense he is shown to be a caring guy, maybe too much at times which is why I didn't like him sleeping with Rikki.

I just don't understand why you think that Rikki's and Danny's relationship is so much more mature because they themselves said that it was a very bad thing and not the right thing at all. :confused:

7. PerfectAnomaly

Because they were adult enough to talk to each other and be completely honest with what they were feeling/doing and why. Danny and Lindsay have never talked honestly about anything to do with their relationship, and to me that is immature. No, Danny and Rikki's behavior didn't turn out to be emotionally healthy, but they made sure to discuss it and made sure they were on the same page about what was happening. That part of it was more mature and adult than anything Danny and Lindsay have done in their relationship.

8. eveninstarz14

Them talking about it does NOT make it more mature and healthy. They are continuing an unhealthy thing that made both of them even more unhappy and unsatisfied. Even if you do not like the D/L relationship, that doesn't excuse that at all. I was amazed how many people thought Danny having sex with a grieving mother was the right thing to do.

Lindsay was not selfish in pushing him away, that was not what she was trying to do at all. If anything Danny was the childish one in this relationship because that is the only way he knows how to act in any relationship. Oh and I want to point out ONE thing, they (Danny and Rikki) TALKED about it AFTER the first time they had sex. Lindsay and Danny did not dive into a sexual relationship, it took two years to get to that and I see nothing wrong with them having drinks and having a good time before they had sex. Plus, not every aspect of the relationship needs to be shown on a CRIME show, some stuff should be left to the imagination of the viewers. That is why I love this show compared to the other shows I watch. :)

9. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Thanks for starting this new thread Top.

My one, big wish or rather, hope - for next season, since I doubt it'll happen in the next two episodes. Is that Lindsay/Anna gets some of her own story lines and isnt hanging around and being seen as a wallflower or used just to keep the D/L thing going.

Im sorry, but, I miss Season 2 Lindsay - especially "Stealing Home", "Zoo York", "Cool Hunter", I just wish we had that back and I really wish this D/L thing, would take a backseat for a bit and allow Lindsay to come back out of the shadows.

I loved her in last Wednesdays episode, the episode as a whole was amazing - but, I really loved Lindsay and I'm hope these next two eps will be just as fantastic.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That would be nice...it would be great to see her job played up as opposed to the romance with Danny. She hasn't done an experiment on Mac in a while. :lol:

11. PerfectAnomaly

I didn't say having sex for comfort/grief was healthy. As a matter of fact I said it was unhealthy. What I said was that them talking about what they were doing and why so they both knew where they stood was mature. I stand by that. Danny and Lindsay are a year into a supposed relationship and they haven't talked about a damn thing and are obviously not on the same page as to what exactly their relationship is. That is not mature behavior. Plus, what proof do we have that Danny and Rikki are both more unhappy and unsatisfied? Also, who said Danny and Rikki having sex was the "right thing to do?" As I recall, the people who liked Danny and Rikki said it wasn't a good thing to do, but that they understood why they did it. They also said they liked the chemistry between Danny and Rikki and thought their relationship could grow into something more than just comfort and grieving.

I didn't say Lindsay was selfish in pushing Danny away. Did you even read my post? I said that when Lindsay pushed Danny away he remained supportive and let her deal with everything, including when to come to him and pursue a relationship, on her own terms. What makes Lindsay selfish is that Danny pushed her away and she wasn't suppportive and she didn't let Danny deal with everything on his own terms. She also made everything having to do with his grief about herself, even after Danny was so supportive in her time of grief.

Yes, but they still talked about it. And then had sex again.

They didn't? Carmine Giovinazzo confirmed their first "date" was in SD. They never talked about what happened in Montana or what happened between them before Montana. Lindsay tried to kiss him the second the verdict had been read and then initated sex on the first date after drinking. It took them two years to do the deed, but they weren't building a relationship in that two years. Lindsay pushed Danny away for a lot of that time.

No, every aspect shouldn't be shown. But with Danny and Lindsay nothing has been shown. And when a lot of their fans have gone on ad nauseum about how they are CANON, I think that's a point that needs to be made.

Here's what we've seen: They flirted. He decided to pursue her. She pushed him away. He was supportive. She stood him up without explanation. He was still supportive. She got over her "deep dark secret." They had their first date and sex all in the same night (two birds, one stone I guess) They didn't have any interaction other than professional after that. Ruben was killed. Danny pushed Lindsay away. Danny slept with Rikki. Lindsay got pissed at Danny for pushing her away and had her Monologue of Doom. Lindsay tells Danny she loves him but has to "let that go." Danny calls Lindsay to apologize. Rikki says she's moving. To be continued.

There has been no depth whatsoever. There was more depth in what happened between Danny and Rikki in their scene the morning after they had sex the first time in his apartment than there has been with Danny and Lindsay in three seasons. We haven't seen them talk about their feelings or what happened to Lindsay as a teenager - Danny heard the story in the courtroom, but they never discussed it or how it factored into her pushing him away or how they were going to proceed now that the trial was over- or Ruben's death or anything else of substance until Lindsay got pissed and ripped Danny a new one for not going to her for comfort. We've seen them interact for three seasons, but we haven't seen a healthy, mature relationship evolving. To me what we've seen isn't two people falling in love over a long :rolleyes: period of time. We've seen two people having a casual fling.

12. eveninstarz14

Hey I was wondering if we could talk about this aspect of Lindsay in the thread about why she should go...please? I feel like there was a thread that was started for that reason alone...wasn't there? :)

13. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

I know!! We havent seen an experiment done on Mac in a while - thats one of the things I LOVED about her - those random experiments to prove a point, or to test a theory...whichever/whatever. That needs to be done again.

I agree with Eveninstarz14 - I thought this thread was just for "Positive" Anna/Lindsay talk - why is there so much talk of the Danny/Lindsay pairing in here?? come'on guys, if you're gonna diss on her, please diss in the appropriate thread.

14. eveninstarz14

Hey! I am so with you on that! A long time ago, I said that I really liked Anna's portrayal in Admissions and then someone asked me why I thought that way. I gave my opinion and it kind of overtook the thread. Not that I don't find the debate interesting, I just thought that there was another thread for that. I take full responsibility and I am so sorry!

15. PerfectAnomaly

I'm not talking about why Lindsay should not be on the show. I'm talking about her character and her character's relationship with another character. I don't see how that fits into the WLMG thread. I realize that people like this thread to be all rainbows and puppies, but just like people can go into the WLMG thread and post why she should stay people should be able to discuss Anna/Lindsay here and not find them both to be awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.