Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let go

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Gaelen, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

[​IMG]

Welcome to the 22nd D/L thread! Celebrating the love of our love-deserving couple, Danny (sexy man) Messer and Lindsay (kick-ass) Monroe! :D

There may be storm clouds over our heads at the moment, but we'll stick it out through the storm with our uber-strong umbrellas! For better or for worse, we'll be right here cheering them on (amongst other things...). :)

*Liffy smashes champagne bottle on the imaginary ship-hull*

This thread is now OPEN! :D

Break out the liquor, toss the confetti, and overdose on M&Ms! Whatever you've got, come and join us in celebration! :D

Wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Discussion continued from here.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  2. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

Re: Danny/Lindsay #22: I've fallen in love with you...and I can't let

^ That's such a waste of good champagne...ah, well *pours some drinks for everyone*

And although things may not look very bright at the moment...let's just all assume that the writers have a very different meaning for the word 'bump' and that despite everything they (and we) are now going through, it will work out in the end...the old saying still is: "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

*psst* pretty thread title pic, Liffy!

3. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

You must always use good champagne for the hull breaking, but you use even BETTER champagne for the drinking afterwards! :D

WWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! for the new thread!!

And continuing on from our last thread, I still would laugh my ass and head off if we see Danny with a boom box over his head with 'Achy Breaky Heart' booming off. :lol:

Oh the pain in my stomach...it hurts!! Yeah, I think Linds is going to have to kiss him quiet or he might just keep singing until she really shuts him up good. :p

4. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I love the new banner - it's soo pretty! SMM hasn't earned the right to have his head facing the front just yet.

I'm liking that idea that there is DL interaction not related to work. Even if we get some spats it takes us back to old skool Season 2, here - carry me over this dirt box so I can test a theory or how do you feel about phone sex? :lol: Ok I know it'll prob be some unpleasant convo about Lady V but it's something! They need to get on in work and that's it. Aside from that there is no need for interaction outwith a crime unless they want it! It's all good!

I'm such a deluded fluff bunny! xx

5. Bella363

Bella363 Prime Suspect

*****bella skips into new thread, tryng to avoid the spray of the champagne with her umbrella, this season's must have for any fashion conscious DL shipper*******
    Well, yeehah! Its our brand spanking new thread :beer: with a lovely fluffy title. I am having fluff withdrawl with all of this angst. I am going to have to watch some squee DL moments from the previous seasons to get my fix :) So a question for us all to celebrate our new thread :

If you had to convince a non-believer, what one scene would you make them watch to show that Danny and Lindsay are meant to be?

I would have to recommend the end of NWILL (altogether now -SQUEEEEEE). As soon as Lindsay goes into that room undercover, Danny is on edge, willing her to be safe. And then he realises that she is in danger and runs to the room before the others have a clue what is going on. And then the hug... need I say more.

Following on from the old thread,
    You would have to be pretty strong to resist that man:devil: One flash of his smile and i would be a goner!! But that said,I do want him to have to earn his place in her heart - Lindsay is not going to forgive him that easily. yes, she pushed him away when she needed space but she did not sleep with anyone else. And I am still torn on the issue of them dating or not :confused:

Ok, I will hang my head in shame but I have to record it on a Sunday night (don't ask) but in my defence, I have seen the DL moments. But I am looking forward to seeing the whole episode.

I wonder if I have hit my 100 posts with this one????

6. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

:guffaw:Yes you are. *ruffles ears* :D

Poor Danny... he'll earn it at some point. Then I'll have to challenge Liffy to make a new banner. JK! I'll stick to my manips. Which I really need to make more of... all this angst isn't helping much.

Hell yeah to that! *gulps* ... oh wait... DAMMIT I just got a weird scene in my head. DL of course, but very strange. Something involving a grand piano, a long red dress, and several glasses of champagne. :lol: Time to lay off the M&Ms.

:wtf: OK the mental image I'm getting here is absolutely hilarious. Fluffy, but hilarious. Who can see Danny all "gangsta-esque" with his hat on sideways and incredibly oversized jeans? And don't forget the bling... oh geez. :lol:

w00t w00t to the new thread!!!!

7. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Wow a new thread.

*Hears the mention of alcohol and comes running*

My brain is still eager to see how it all pans out. I have stopped myself reading reviews before i watch the episode cos of the DL stuff... i find if i read reviews i end up biased and seem to believe what people say so now i watch it without any previous knowledge to get my own view. And it works so much better... yes i still read spoilers tho just not on the day after the ep airs till i seen it.

I love the bantering, its what they are... in the jaws scene if there had been no previoius "accident" (slightly nicer word) beforehand then i think it would have turned out soo much better.

In my head other night i had the image of Danny meeting Lindsays mum being the "ho mum this is danny he's not the usual guy i bring home to show you".... would be awkward i'd think hehe.

Ummm... for some reason BuzzKill comes to mind, the whole bantering then showing him up. But then NWILL i would also say the scene before she goes undercover the way he talks to her and think's she's jumping in.

8. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

yay new thread!!! Well I am underage so I will have some sparkling cider if you don't mind :LOL:

Can you still go to the old one to see what you missed?

9. Dims

Dims Hit and Run

New thread...how nice....thanx for starting it Liffy !!!:thumbsup:

It is just so hot here today..we went out for lunch in a tavern and i feel like i ate for a month!!!!!:rolleyes: :eek: (souvlakia...greek salad..feta) im so gonna be spending the next week at the gym!!!!:rolleyes::lol:

anyhow...
    im very slowly feeling better for my DL...i cant not admit that i still feel sore towards Danny....he is still in my black list and i am expecting some act of redemption....i am watching their last cene again and again and ive been reading all the various interpretations of it but i maintain my own opinion. His way of asking...and the so easily used -we should rent it- for me meant he is very anxious to see where Linds stands with him and whether he has any chance of winning her back.....his expression and the fact he does not leave her eyes for a sec also showed me he was very anxious to see her response and also curious.

I know CSI is a drama show (supposedly) but all 3 shows have a romantic relationship that is at the focus of the show and i believe in New York DL is the main romantic relationship. Which is why i believe there is no chance in hell the writers are gonna end it for good.maybe things will not be great or the relationship restored by the end of the season but i believe next season will make up to us for what they did in these last eps.

or at least i hope!:wtf:

10. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Well I'm kinda underage, but I just turned the champagne into sparkling apple juice! Aren't I special? :lol: Plus I've had champagne, not exactly the best tasting stuff in the world, but hey. :)

You can always go back eveninstarz14! It's nice to be a tad nostalgic every now and then.

Danny/Lindsay #21

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

^^ Sure you can, just follow the link in Liffy's opening post, that way you can still go back and forth many threads :cool:

And I love the idea of Danny and his boom!box, but in my wicked imagination he would just be wearing that boom!box, a cowboy hat and spurs :devil: - start making tracks cowboy! :guffaw:

Oh and before I forget, here's our story thus far:

12. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

Well that's one way to sum up the two years of sheer frustration TPTB have put us through! :lol: It's like, oh - we're getting somewhere, yes! Oh wait, never mind! WTF! Then could we be seeing sun through the clouds?

Meg underage - I had to think for a minute, 21 bless. You Americans will have us Brits thinking we're hardened drinkers by the time you're all legal. :guffaw:

I would have Sleight Out of Hand to show a non believer, I had been watching NY on and off (I'm now DVD & YT'd up to my eyeballs now though :lol:) and caught this episode at random and seeing SMM turn up at the trial had me convinced they were together. I hadn't seen the rest of the ep but just that one part had me swooning at how sweet it was him showing support. When I actually sat down and properly watched Season 3, then got to ep 18 I was blown away - that sealed it for me. They were (are) meant to be. It just makes you feel all swoony and fluffy inside! x

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

How I love the UK age limit of 18... though i'm legal in america now to so i'm ok. I don't know what i would have done without alcohol being a student its part of me.

If i saw SOOH for the first time i would definately have thought hmm thats not just co worker being there for co worker. But i've always found the subtle episodes better and making a point.
    ADAWOR (took me a while to work that out) I always liked when she walked off and Danny had that look fo she always does this smile on his face.
    And CYHMN if i had only seen this season the condom scene i think part of me would have assumed that somethings going on.

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm with you i'd definately go with NWILL. just the way Lindsay grabs Danny with her hand alone is enough to say there's something going on. this ep just solidified that there was some chemistry b/t D/L. no one would be as worried about a coworker as Danny was when Lindsay went undercover if there weren't some deep feelings involved.

i was thinking the other day.... if i were a new comer to NY and had just seen the show for the first time with "Like Water For Murder" i'd (obviously) pick up that Danny and Lindsay had something going on. with that i would wanna come back to the show the following week (or whenever) to see what was going on b/t them.

15. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I actually asked my best friend to watch that and she loved it! She became a D/L fan and NY fan straight after! :)

Awww that's my eppy guide! I'm happy to see that dutch has been a good girl and kept it updated. ^_^

I also may pick 'Zoo York', because thenn you can see how their relationship evolved and changed over time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.