RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,360
Posts: 1,203,135
Members: 11,288
Currently online: 52
Newest member: martyrock


Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   Talk CSI > Grissom's Office > CSI Files News Items

CSI Files News Items Discussion of news articles from CSI Files.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 16 2012, 03:00 PM   #1
CSI Files
CSI Level Three
 
Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler explained the decision to cancel CSI: Miami at the CBS upfronts on Wednesday morning. The network had to choose between Miami and fellow spinoff CSI: New York, and Tassler said budgets and ratings were not the deciding factor. “They were very close, looking at them forensically, they were very close,” [...]

More...
CSI Files is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2012, 01:26 AM   #2
GregNickRyanFan
Holographic Moderator
 
GregNickRyanFan's Avatar
 
Location: GregNickRyanFan - with Greg, Ryan, Nicky, Jake & Adam- or w/ Dean, Cas, Sam & Gabe in the Impala
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Nina Tassler always gives dumbass, untrue reasons for decisions made by the network. I still don't believe the BS she spouted out about dropping JJ from CM because of the spin-off (which tanked by the way). And I definitely don't believe this garbage about a NY block being the reason for Miami to be canceled. I saw a preview of Jersey and it looks boring as hell... and I have no clue who the lead actress is. I don't expect it to last. And I think a 7pm (central) timeslot for NY is an odd choice.

Not to mention canceling Miami for this purpose makes no sense anyway. You could have put Miami in Unforgettable's time slot. Just grow some guts and admit that you canceled Miami because its more expensive to make than NY. Spouting off these idiotic reasons is pointless because nobody believes you!
__________________
GregNickRyanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
mulder42
Coroner
 
mulder42's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

I'm with you there, GNRF--why does this woman still have a job with CBS?
__________________
"...because we know that beneath that mountain, lies his grave." --Horatio to reporters, CSI: Miami (Broken, Season 1, October 28th, 2002)
mulder42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Bellemaria
Prime Suspect
 
Bellemaria's Avatar
 
Location: Russia, St. Petersburg
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

I'm with you, guys, too.
I simply don't get that. We're all adults and we undersand TV is nothing but business. If show makes less money then before it'll be axed. That's the fact. So why give us such a lame excuses instead of admit the obvious? We've known yet you're greedy bastards
__________________
Horatio: Okay, my friend, there are two ways off this bus: slowly and quietly or feet first. You decide.
Bellemaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2012, 03:51 PM   #5
bookworm
Victim
 
Location: Canada
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Originally Posted by GregNickRyanFan View Post
Nina Tassler always gives dumbass, untrue reasons for decisions made by the network. I still don't believe the BS she spouted out about dropping JJ from CM because of the spin-off (which tanked by the way). And I definitely don't believe this garbage about a NY block being the reason for Miami to be canceled. I saw a preview of Jersey and it looks boring as hell... and I have no clue who the lead actress is. I don't expect it to last. And I think a 7pm (central) timeslot for NY is an odd choice.

Not to mention canceling Miami for this purpose makes no sense anyway. You could have put Miami in Unforgettable's time slot. Just grow some guts and admit that you canceled Miami because its more expensive to make than NY. Spouting off these idiotic reasons is pointless because nobody believes you!
Made in Jersey stars Janet Montgomery, a British actress---imagine now she can sound like she's from Jersey. We saw her up here in Canada in a series called, Human Target...not too impressive. She also had an appearance on the BBC show - Merlin.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20 2012, 04:31 PM   #6
mulder42
Coroner
 
mulder42's Avatar
 
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Made in Jersey stars Janet Montgomery, a British actress---imagine now she can sound like she's from Jersey. We saw her up here in Canada in a series called, Human Target...not too impressive. She also had an appearance on the BBC show - Merlin.
Wasn't Human Target a FOX show? A FOX show that they totally screwed over, I might add. Kept changing the day and time, so no fans could keep up with it, or gain new fans. I believe it managed to stay on at least 2 or 3 seasons. No offense to Ms. Montgomery, but I don't think her show will make it past Wintertime.
__________________
"...because we know that beneath that mountain, lies his grave." --Horatio to reporters, CSI: Miami (Broken, Season 1, October 28th, 2002)
mulder42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2012, 01:54 PM   #7
bookworm
Victim
 
Location: Canada
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Thanks Mulder42. Human Target obviously didn't resonate with the masses up here. I tend to agree with you, don't think it'll finish the season.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2012, 01:56 PM   #8
bookworm
Victim
 
Location: Canada
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Thanks Mulder42. Human Target obviously didn't resonate with the masses up here. I tend to agree with you, don't think it'll finish the season.
Made in Jersey won't finish the season.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21 2012, 03:11 PM   #9
jafox
CSI Level Two
 
jafox's Avatar
 
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Re: Tassler: It Was A Tough Choice

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Thanks Mulder42. Human Target obviously didn't resonate with the masses up here. I tend to agree with you, don't think it'll finish the season.
Made in Jersey won't finish the season.
Maybe. But, I will check it out.
I like legal dramas and I like shows with female protagonists. I didn't like 'Human Target' or 'Gifted Man'.
It's difficult to know what will resonate with TV viewers. Some of my favorite shows had low ratings and I was sad when they were cancelled.
At least CSI:Miami had a long run and can be viewed in syndication for many years to come.
__________________

Last edited by jafox; May 21 2012 at 04:11 PM.
jafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.