RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

Talk CSI title image

Talk CSI STATISTICS

Threads: 17,184
Members: 11,253
Currently online: 35
Newest member: like the dawn

Welcome! Talk CSI is the number one place to chat about all the CSI shows with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   Talk CSI > CSI Crime Scene > CSI: New York

CSI: New York Discuss the latest 'CSI' spinoff!

View Poll Results: new thread title
Time stands still when you're having fun! 1 6.25%
Chicago's finest 8 50.00%
We steal toasters too! 4 25.00%
We are Gary's girls 1 6.25%
Women have reckless crushes on him..who, us?! nooo...*nods* yes 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 7 2012, 03:50 PM   #286
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

View Mac&Adam Fan's Twitter Profile
Re: Gary #8: Chicago's Finest

Originally Posted by Jade_Nolan View Post
Originally Posted by nel2h View Post
I know his illness. But I think this is private.
Anything beyond what his rep releases most certainly is. And believe me, in the week since the whole thing started there have been plenty of unofficial things going around...from which hospital he was at to specific injuries... not cool people, not cool

BUT, there are several articles today stating that his rep has reported that he's back home recuperating My personal opinion is that he's been back in Cali for at least a couple days and has been enjoying being "invisible". I certainly would have done so, and I absolutely LOVE that his team is only releasing the sparest of information! Haha, I have to confess I take great delight in the absolute angst and clamour of several fans who want to know EVERYTHING AND EVERY DETAIL!!!! (no worries, I'm not referring to anyone here ) It IS his personal life, and beyond reassuring fans if he is or isn't ok, he doesn't have to say a word.

But anyways, here's the link to one of the articles I referred to:

http://rumorfix.com/2012/04/exclusiv...-car-accident/

Again, I so love how it basically says not much beyond, "he's fine"
I didn't realize there were suggestions as to what his injuries were. Just hope they didn't have to shave his head even though I know his hair will grow back.

Maybe it's human nature but I want to know what caused the accident. Was there a drunk driver? Running a stop sign? Stop light? Driver who hit them, was he/she cited?

Surprised there haven't been that many questions about what caused it.
Old April 7 2012, 04:11 PM   #287
Jade_Nolan
CSI Level One

View Jade_Nolan's Twitter Profile

Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan View Post
I didn't realize there were suggestions as to what his injuries were. Just hope they didn't have to shave his head even though I know his hair will grow back.

Maybe it's human nature but I want to know what caused the accident. Was there a drunk driver? Running a stop sign? Stop light? Driver who hit them, was he/she cited?

Well unless he had a full on head injury requiring surgery (which I can assure you is not the case as that would definitely fall into the "serious injuries" category), fortunately we don't have to worry about that

And I do totally get wanting to know how the accident happened, especially since I'm a medic myself and can so easily visualize all the different possibilities from a technical standpoint And maybe there haven't been more of those types of questions because he was the passenger. I'm sure if he had been driving there'd be all sorts of querying.

But speculating on which hospital he's at and posting things about that sort of stuff in the format of, "I heard that...."? No, that's going a bit far....
Old April 7 2012, 04:26 PM   #288
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

Well unless he had a full on head injury requiring surgery (which I can assure you is not the case as that would definitely fall into the "serious injuries" category), fortunately we don't have to worry about that

And I do totally get wanting to know how the accident happened, especially since I'm a medic myself and can so easily visualize all the different possibilities from a technical standpoint And maybe there haven't been more of those types of questions because he was the passenger. I'm sure if he had been driving there'd be all sorts of querying.

But speculating on which hospital he's at and posting things about that sort of stuff in the format of, "I heard that...."? No, that's going a bit far....
I didn't realize there was speculation as to what hospital he was at. That being said, I did see a tweet and a post on his FB page by someone at a certain hospital ICU department wishing him well.

EDIT: I do agree, that is going too far with where he might be.
Old April 7 2012, 04:43 PM   #289
Jade_Nolan
CSI Level One

I didn't realize there was speculation as to what hospital he was at. That being said, I did see a tweet and a post on his FB page by someone at a certain hospital ICU department wishing him well.

EDIT: I do agree, that is going too far with where he might be.
Yep.

And I missed that tweet! Haha, but I used to work in an ICU here in MI, but just because that's where I worked and I wished Gary well wouldn't mean they'd flown him here for treatment Oh dear, the speculation people will grab on to if it even sort of "fits", even if it has no intended implications!
Old April 7 2012, 10:20 PM   #290
taylorgirl
Lab Technician

View taylorgirl's Twitter Profile Send a message via MSN to taylorgirl Send a message via Yahoo to taylorgirl

IMO, I think that as long as he is ok and resting at home, we don't need to know how it happened or what his injures were, all that matters is that he didn't have serious injuries. He will proberbly be up and about in the next couple of weeks bright as anything! He knows fans are asking about. I'm just really glad that nothing was serious
Old April 8 2012, 12:44 PM   #291
nel2h
CSI Level One

Gary needs rest. He has always stress enough.

Old April 8 2012, 01:25 PM   #292
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

Originally Posted by nel2h View Post
Gary needs rest. He has always stress enough.

Yes, that's true he does need rest. I guess doing all the things he has done is pretty stresseful.
Old April 11 2012, 01:56 AM   #293
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

I saw this photo on someone's FB page and I want to ask about it.

Is there a movie where GS has boots/socks on, in a river bed that has snow on the banks and um.. he's um... naked?

EDIT: This person posts on his official FB page.
Old April 11 2012, 04:02 AM   #294
Jade_Nolan
CSI Level One

That's the beginning of 'A Midnight Clear'. He's a soldier in an intel unit in WWII in the Ardennes Forest right before the Battle of the Bulge and he receives a letter telling him his baby died in childbirth. He completely flips out and runs off into the woods stripping his clothes off until he reaches a stream where he stops (naked except his boots) and throws rocks until the guy who was on watch with him caught up with him and hands him back his clothes, by which point he had calmed down enough to think again. The scene with him naked in the stream is very brief and from rather far away. I know EXACTLY the person you're referring to (and she's rather whacked, trust me...), and she found a still of that brief scene and posted it on his page. She took it down after I tactfully pointed out that it might not be the most appropriate thing to be posting on FB, so she settled for simply having it as her cover pic on her timeline....still rather inappropriate to have plastered up if you ask me, although the scene is priceless to watch
Old April 11 2012, 04:07 AM   #295
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

That's the beginning of 'A Midnight Clear'. He's a soldier in an intel unit in WWII in the Ardennes Forest right before the Battle of the Bulge and he receives a letter telling him his baby died in childbirth. He completely flips out and runs off into the woods stripping his clothes off until he reaches a stream where he stops (naked except his boots) and throws rocks until the guy who was on watch with him caught up with him and hands him back his clothes, by which point he had calmed down enough to think again. The scene with him naked in the stream is very brief and from rather far away. I know EXACTLY the person you're referring to (and she's rather whacked, trust me...), and she found a still of that brief scene and posted it on his page. She took it down after I tactfully pointed out that it might not be the most appropriate thing to be posting on FB, so she settled for simply having it as her cover pic on her timeline....still rather inappropriate to have plastered up if you ask me, although the scene is priceless to watch
Okay, I'll have to check that movie out.

When I saw that photo, I thought, whoa!! What a uh... hehe.. you know.

Thanks.

I am surprised that it passed through FB censors though.

EDIT: Not sure GS would want that plastered on FB either.
Old April 11 2012, 04:13 AM   #296
Jade_Nolan
CSI Level One

Okay, I'll have to check that movie out.

When I saw that photo, I thought, whoa!! What a uh... hehe.. you know.
haha, yeah, I know

Originally Posted by Mac&Adam Fan
I am surprised that it passed through FB censors though.

EDIT: Not sure GS would want that plastered on FB either.
I am too! I thought for sure FB's censors would have picked up on it... :/

And no, I'm sure he wouldn't! It's one thing to enjoy such scenes in a movie But have some respect for the guy...!
Old April 11 2012, 10:41 PM   #297
mrsjrewing
CSI Level One

View mrsjrewing's Twitter Profile

I hope Gary is healing from his accident. I admit I thought he would have posted something on his Facebook or Twitter by this point, but I hope he takes all the time he needs to rest up.
Old April 11 2012, 11:29 PM   #298
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

Originally Posted by mrsjrewing View Post
I hope Gary is healing from his accident. I admit I thought he would have posted something on his Facebook or Twitter by this point, but I hope he takes all the time he needs to rest up.
Yeah, I have to confess, I do wished he had posted something by now. But I do hope he takes the time to rest. Also, the concerts at the end of the month are a go.
Old April 12 2012, 05:05 AM   #299
MacsGirlMel
Mac's Personal Assistant

There were two tweets today. The one about the concert being a go, and the one about Gary recovering at home. Lucky Moira gets to take care of him
Old April 12 2012, 01:09 PM   #300
Mac&Adam Fan
Pathologist

Originally Posted by MacsGirlMel View Post
There were two tweets today. The one about the concert being a go, and the one about Gary recovering at home. Lucky Moira gets to take care of him
Yes, she does get to take care of him.

Btw, how do you say her name?

EDIT: Are you sure? I don't see them. Even when I'm not logged in.