Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

So I understand what your saying here but when Sela makes comments like this UUMMM...:confused:

Someone needs a cold shower! :lol:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That has to be tough as an actor. Or maybe it'b tough for me because I have absolutely no acting experience lol.

However I agree that Sela will do a much better job with the unknown than Anna B. and even Carmine.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Will Batts posted before-and-after pictures of the tractor trailer bar set from 7.13:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Wow. That's really cool how they can transform a space like that.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know - you wouldn't think they'd be able to do much because the space seems so narrow, but it really doesn't look that cramped!

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hey guys, Emmanuelle Vaugier will be on Hawaii Five-0 this coming Monday 10/9c on CBS! :cool: Please watch! :D

Last week, Kelly Hu (Det. Kylie Maka) was on that show too. :D

7. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wow. A lot to catch up on again. Hafta keep stepping away and coming back here. I may have missed a few things :p.

...:vulcan::rommie:. Sry. Just finished the Matt Roush Q&A bit.
    On initial reading, it sounds, off the record, as if it's rather tied to a thwarted ship, and that one would prefer Mac should join the monkhood of the sofa until such time as he mysteriously wakes up in NOLA.

On the record, I find it amusing to see another query styled as to be speaking on behalf of the Greater Viewing Audience, and What (It's Obvious) They Want and Don't :p. I think Matt replied very reasonably, clearly, and well.

I don't tune in to see Mac's love life, and rather doubt most viewers do :lol:. I do, however, think that the way it has been handled in the few moments written addressing it is definitely preferred over that of any DL material by miles, fathoms, leagues, etc., and I don't think it's detracted from his character nor the show. I won't state here what I think DL has done to those characters, nor where the more grievous suds stem from. I also don't think that NY writing Mac some minor flirtation has caused butterfly-effect ratings fluctuations :lol:, nor that only specific and select segments within the body of an ep would do so.

Regardless of whatever level of !Tension or flirting may or may not be included to flavor the build up to the encounter with Jo's ex-husband, relating his appearance to Mac foremost and not Jo first would seem to be missing the point just a wee tad :p.

I also like the statement that SW changes the chemistry of any show she's on. I'd agree, but I don't know a lot of her earlier work well :lol:. I did like her on House though. With no disrespect to MK, I think NY is a better show than it has been for awhile, and I hafta say I think a new main character has sparked some revival on a few levels. There was no guarantee NY would be able to accommodate all the changes, nor that SW would be a good fit. NY has backed off Narrative Awesomosity with Jo, and I think letting SW's Chemistry speak for itself is starting to pay dividends with the character, and for the show. I'm liking her more each week.

I had thought that it might take NY and SW eight or ten episodes to start to find their feet this season, to learn what kind of vibe would evolve with Jo in the mix, what her personality and manner of interaction would be, what kinds of stories she could be used for and how she could be written to. I was gonna say, mebbe they've done so quicker than anyone expected; but on the other hand, I suppose 8-10 would actually fit with writing DJE's appearance and what will presumably be a Jo-centric type ep in 7.11 (I think).

They've still been filming at a helluva pace.

Anyhoo.

This again falls into To Each Their Own, but as I'd hoped Jo's back story would be explored or revealed a bit, and I'm glad some screen time will be devoted to it. If they also manage to incorporate her ex being an FBI agent, and tying his appearance to the context of a case, where there could be some wider impact on the team, that would also be welcome. That said, SW & DJE on their own should be just as engaging and fun. Add GS and I gotta admit I'm curious to see what will come of those three playing off of each other.

I was not at all surprised to read that the show intends to use Jo and her personal history to possibly mix things up, for her and the team both, especially once it was announced that the show was going so far as to cast her children (or one of them, at least) and her ex-husband for appearances. You don't go to that length to have nothing happen. It also doesn't mean there's gonna be a sudden uprising of suds either :lol:. You also don't bring SW on board to give her nothing at all to do, and it's a given a new character will get some attention. I gotta agree with Roush again, but in a wider show sense: it would be remiss not to use a new main character to poke at the established dynamics and stir things up a bit.

Moreover, if the writers are going to the trouble of writing an ex who still carries a torch for Jo, and casting him with an actor like DJE, why wouldn't the show play it up a bit between Jo and one of her colleagues, even if only in the eyes of her ex, regardless of whether or not anything is truly developing as an undercurrent. It didn't hafta be Mac, but it's not surprising that he'll likely be the foil they use.

Because I think the show would be very, very careful and cautious in playing up anything further than !Tension between Jo & Mac, I'm not particularly concerned on that front.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jo's ex crop up unexpectedly. It could be very interesting also to see the normally unflappable Jo out of sorts for it, and even a Mac slightly ruffled. Hell, it could be fun if Russ sees something that neither Jo nor Mac do. SW and DJE lend additional confidence that Jo's personal life will be handled and played well, and I'm sure GS can well match whatever level he's asked to have Mac play to as part of things.

Seems that the show is having to catch up and fill in the template they based Jo's character on. It may not have been planned initially to have her ex make an appearance. The producers could say "Irreconcilable Differences" as opposed to "An Affair" as a reason for a split, but that still leaves a whole host of details to be addressed. Not unusual for actors to fill in some gaps in creating a history for their reference. ...This does seem a bit more substantial though :lol:. I guess the script is focusing on their present tense motivations :p.

I hope SW & DJE had some time as they worked together to establish, at least for them as actors to draw on, what kind of family their characters had, and why they split. Or, at least why he regards their divorce as a separation, while she's trying to move on. In a way, I hope DJE too gets more than one appearance this season, perhaps if/when anything occurs with the story of her adopted daughter. Guess we'll see how it goes.

...Sidestepping slightly to these.

The comment on SW/Gary didn't draw a comment from me. The comment on how it knowingly provoked comments did. The following implied comment on the tone of other posters' comments also did.

It would seem, IMO, to be a bit unfair to generally characterize positive or non-critical comments or observations as "Gushy," agree or disagree with whatever they may relate to ;).

I don't think SW commenting on either Gary nor DJE or what she sees as positives of working with them, or even on possible paths of interaction that their respective characters might take, immediately equates with a personal Crush on either, or with being cold-shower worthy as an insinuated reflection on SW herself :p.

BTW, if you spend 10 to 16 hours or more a day with folk, it's definitely a bonus if you happen to find the company and the work asked of you agreeable, or at least things about it that you like :lol:. Honestly, what did one expect her to say when asked about either, and her time on the show. It's part of the spade work of promotion, though that doesn't negate a sincerity. She has also commented in a gregarious and positive fashion on John Larroquette. I get the impression SW is a gregarious and positive personality just generally :p.

Larroquette in turn has indicated that he has followed GS's career and that the opportunity to work with him was part of the reason guesting on the show was appealing. Promo stuff again. Or. ...is John really just openly crushing on Gary then? :p

...Ferchrissakes :lol:.

It may make sense to write Jo and Lindsay more prominently in the story, Jo due her personality and her professional background, and Lindsay perhaps given her childhood trauma and more recent shooting of Casey, the latter of which would provide the most interesting angle in her case, and perhaps both given their gender in approaching rape victims. What I'm hoping is that their involvement really does stem from the case and the characters rather than from an attempt by the show to create an opportunistic bonding scenario for them.

Also, the show this season, seems to keep trying to use DL and Lindsay in particular, to be "Relatable," to provide commentary on how horrible a scenario is, and more often than not it just doesn't resonate. I hope the upcoming ep may be better, but honestly, I'm not looking forward to Lindsay's part in it. Jo, on the other hand, it could be good to see a case that might actually get to her a bit more.

It's also good to see that NY is not just concerned with the deaths of Shiny Rich Connected People this season, but ordinary people, and in this and EJO's ep, even criminal people.

Scared Stiff looks interesting. Not the usual plot, anyways, and perhaps it might also see a return to a bit of NY's dark quirkiness for an ep. Hope so. Glad to see Sid will be around for an !Unusual case. Also curious what's next up for Carver and how he figures in things. Jo & Sheldon were fun :p. Looking forward to the ep.

-

Thanks yas all, for the pics, tweets, clips, links, and nuggets on upcoming eps.

I love how Eddie seems to have the same love of food he's given Flack :lol:. In one of the clips, "...it's nice to come back (to New York), ...eat some real food, ya know what I mean..." :lol:.

-

...really? wow. Missed that. Guess it also doesn't hurt to have Mr. Lenkov familiar with your work if your name crops up for possible casting. I liked both of them. I may hafta check out 5-0 again. It's good to see them working on other shows :)

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Perl, looks good.

10. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Geez, I avoided this topic per the comment. Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut on this from now on. Goodness knows I cannot share an opinion on anything outside of the series without being killed. Regardless if she really has a crush on Gary or not, I don't believe my comment was so God awful. To each their own and it was just a statement. Adios from this topic thread

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

LMAO at Sheldon talking about how the park is haunted. I don't think Flack should be making fun of him though - I recall a time when he told Stella and Aiden that the Staten Island Monastery was haunted, "The 122 gets calls gets calls of strange noises coming from this place all the time".

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Dude. My comment was also just a comment, and certainly not intended to be overly serious nor damning. Part and parcel of YMMV & to each their own. I don't think your statement on SW or the notion of a crush was "god awful." It's not an area I speculate on, but the fact that others might is not in fact what my comment was really about. It was the notion of prodding for a response that was curious to me, which I may have misinterpreted. I'm quite happy to have discussion where points of view vary, it's usually all the more interesting for it.

I apologise if my own two cents or flippancy in voicing them offended you.

13. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I wasn't prodding for a response. Just posting in a thread. I am nor wasn't upset with anyone on this thread. It's done.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Love Flack and Jo's expressions :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing this episode.

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.