"Blood Moon" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
    Episode Title: 'Blood Moon'
    Episode Number: 1103
    Synopsis: "A vampire and werewolf convention is at the heart of a murder investigation in Las Vegas."
    Original Airdate: October 07, 2010
    Written By: Treena Hancock and Melissa R. Byer
    Directed By: Brad Tanenbaum

Guest Stars:

• Jorja Fox as Sara Sidle
    • Thad Luckinbill as Michael Wilson
    • Michael Graziadei as Kurt Francis
    • Andy Dick as Armory Dealer
    • Alex Carter as Detective Vartann
    • Laura Breckenridge as Julie Crenshaw
    • Maxton Beesley as Thomas Stewart
    • Arjay Smith as Ethan
    • Dawson Zuiker as Dawson
    • Cristen Coppen as Waitress

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

1) Squee!
    2) Why is Jorja still listed as a Guest Star if she is in the opening credits?
    3) I'm half looking forward to this episode. If they play up the similarities to Twilight, I'll be annoyed. But other than that, it might be interesting. It kind of reminds me of that one Castle episode, actually.
    4) Dawson Zuiker? Wonder if he's a relation...?

3. Smokey

I think some of the early press releases were before any decision was made about her being a regular this season or not. :)

Yup!

And a little more info we found out in addition to the description here...

11.03 Blood Moon: Michael is chased through a forest, beaten, and gruesomely murdered. He is discovered decapitated, his head placed on a wooden pike.

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think i've seen Treena Hancock and Melissa R. Byer as main writer credits on an episode before? If they are new writers i'm interested to see how this episode will turn out, can't say i'm a big fan of this whole werewolves vs vampires obsession though.

5. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I'm excited for this episode but too bad it wasn't closer to Halloween.

6. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Believe it or not? Being a regular has nothing to do with if you're in the main credits. Many shows have regular, full time, actors who aren't in the opening credits. Some have part time who are. It's a contract thing, separate from your cast status.

I spent a couple hours with an entertainment lawyer and a bottle of Jack while she explained this to me. I'm still confused.

7. Smokey

I thought the same thing.

Looks like both of them have been producer on Flashpoint, The Unusuals (which I loved!), and Crossing Jordan and some other shows and written for some of them, but not a lot.

Okay...well...I have no idea. Just a thought. In some of the upcoming releases she's listed as "recurring" and not "guest", but whatever. She's on the show. ;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  8. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I like the fact that this episode was written by two women. Given the 'scene' between Cath and Vartann, those kinds of scenes come across better when they are written by women.

I think the same goes for Vampires and Werewolves. Men tend to make them both aggressive and violent. Women portray Vampires more seductive and almost sexual creatures. I guess then I'm not surprised that the 'scene' between Catherine and Vartann is in this episode as well.

I forgot to add, tell me again why This episode isn't on at 10p? :lol:

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

So it's woman I have to blame for this overload of 'sexy' vampires? :angryrazz: I've always preferred vamps and wolves in their more traditional, violent portrayals. Could be because I hate romance and much prefer bloody violence I suppose :lol:

The episode...eh. From the promo pics it looks like it'll be Nick and Ray on the main case with Vartillows on the side, neither of which appeal to me. Probably will download Mentalist instead and watch this if it gets good enough reviews afterwards :)

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This sounds creepy and spooky so it should be great. And lots of Nick and Ray, AHHHH, that sounds so tempting, & scintillating can't wait. They're so great together..:bolian:

A YouTube video of "Blood Moon" beware Vartanan/Catherine shippers.. woo-hooo. delcious~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOqcoSJ-8r8&feature=related

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

If I have to watch Vampires and werewolves, I much rather seen it on Vampire Diaries prior to CSI, which I will be.

I don't foresee this one being as good as Suckers from season 4.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

They're new to the series. A few writers have departed from the show (David Rambo, Naren Shankar, and a few others). It's the season for fresh blood!

(No pun intended. :p )

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Main reason I really want to watch this episode?

Cath and Vartann!!!!!!:drool:

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I see the potential for a pun based drinking game in this episode, even more so than pool shark.

Haha ditto, if they really are trying to get marg to stay i'd imagine a scene like that shown in the promo with alex carter isn't gonna hurt their cause :)

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Me too :thumbsup:

Though I do have to say that the vampires and warewolves thing really got my attention. What can I say, I do enjoy Twilight :lol:. Not obsessed but do enjoy ;). Plus Vegas just does this kind of episodes pretty good most of the time so I'm looking forward to their twist and sense of humor with it.