Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Just wanted to add my two cents in on this whole departure of Stella in light of some recent stuff that's been posted in the news section.

I'm not a huge CSI:NY watcher, but I always liked Stella, and am sad to see the way she's going out. I'm looking at this situation, and then looking at the Adam Rodriguez "prodigal son" article and thinking: "Ummm...you just let one of your lead actresses walk, a very good lead actress who could run circles around A-Rod, and you're talking about how badly you wanted Delko back or to end his character the "right way" when he was going to leave?"

Granted, they are on different shows, but it's still the same people for the most part running the franchise. How do they work at an agreement w/A-Rod and why are they so concerned about his character and potential exit last year, but they give MK a one or two-line write-off when she's a lead? :wtf: It just doesn't make sense.

Stella was on the show for six years and deserves better - and the FANS deserve better. We have to wonder, what does this mean for fans of other characters? It's a little scary - seems kind of disrespectful, even though I know it was MK's decision to walk away - but you have to wonder what TPTB DID to bring her to that point.

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm so with you. I mean, literally, the words "CSI" and then "New York" previously brought joy to my ears and mind, now it only makes me angry and bitter to see this whole show literally implode violently right before my eyes, on a scale that eclipsed the swift and epic decline of Disney's "Gargoyles" more than a decade earlier, for those old enough to remember it with the disaster of the "Goliath Chronicles". Both shows literally crashed in much the same way, great closing episodes with "Hunter's Moon" and CSI:NY's "Grounds for Deception" only to be followed up by garbage such as HM being followed by "The Goliath Chronicles" and then 12 years later, the epic FAIL-blog material that was CSI:NY's "Pay Up", literally, both times, these shows violent decline left me bitter and upset for months, even years when they went down the way they did. CSI's "Grounds for Deception" was marvelous. It's follow-up "Pay Up" was pulled right out of their a*&es! The same goes for Gargoyle's "The Goliath Chronicles". These two shows went from burning favorites to the mental equivalent of violent food poisoning that left me sick for days afterwards. :censored:

I'm so sorry to sound so angry but to see all the investment in Stella, the way they slowly delved into her background, the wya they made her into such a marvelous, hot, and stunning blend of brains and beauty, only to slowly and gradually degrade and dismantle Stella in S6, and then finally her leaving without a trace, it just makes me so angry! :scream:

If this is really how Melina felt especially after GFD, then I give my full hats off to her for this. I don't blame her one bit for literally storming off the set.

As for her replacement Sela Ward, though I've bid CSI:NY adios, at least in terms of watching for new episodes, I wish you the best of luck and maybe you can bring some life into this rapidly dying dinosaur of a show.

Oh, and Ms. Ward, while you probably have definately read or seen worse stuff but I feel bad at the possibility that you and your character could be bashed or angrily rejected by angry and dejected Melina/Stella fans after what unfolded on this thread and forum in these past six or so weeks since the news of Melina leaving broke and shattered our hearts. I genuinely fear that Jo will be subject to the same kind of (Edited for foul language) that Stella was put through repeatedly starting in Season 2 onwards. I wish you the best of luck in this new endeavor of yours Sela. :) To see angry Melina fans reject this show is very heartbreaking but also for a combination of reasons that you had nothing to do with, these same fans directing this at your character is upsetting. :( Good luck Sela Ward. :)

With all the bitterness and anger, I genuinely am now very, VERY close to not only turning the lights out on this thread for good, and am ready to steal her from CBS copyright ownership and create multiple versions of her completely removed from the show altogether. I can't say I'm official done with this thread because I fear I could become like the Brett Favre of this thread but I'll end it her for now with this.......

GOOD NIGHT!

3. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I personally just started watching CSI: New York because I was starting to go crazy with watching CSI: Miami over and over again. And the first episode I watched I fell in love with Stella. Her character just has a sense of hope and determination, and I think that all of those qualities really help build an amazing character. She seems so simple but yet so complex. And when I watch a television show that is what I look for, a strong lead female character that is so simple yet complex that I think I know them and then I suddenly learn something new about them. It is what keeps shows interesting. And the chemistry between Stella/Melina and the rest of the cast is amazing, it is like they really truthfully care for eachother unlike other shows where you can tell that they all really actually hate eachother. Once I buy season 6 I am done with CSI: NY, I have nothing against Sella Ward but it just won't be the same without Melina.

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Me too I love her toughness!:thumbsup: And she does have a heart of gold. Well maybe not for the "chocolate" guy!:lol: I think that was my favorite ever! when she gave him "a little taste of his chocolate"!:lol:

5. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I know but I guess she felt like it was time to move on, we have to keep in mind that she has 2 little girls. And with the hours she works she most likely doesn't spend as much quality time with them as most parents and kids. I know that they would come to the set after school but of course she would be working, so I guess she felt like now is the time to step back and take a break and spend it with her family.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I am not familer with the Adam thing but heard about it and he came back I think? Maybe Melina might come back before the series ends *crosses fingers!*

Dont become Brett Favre...He lost Thursday night!

They negotiated all summer because she did not make her decision untill two weeks before filming season seven.

As far as the girls she was asked if it was family related she said "no they know mom has to work". She said she did not like the way they were going with Stellas character. So I guess she/they could not come to terms on that. If there was anything else I can not know, the only thing I read she did say was the writing, anything else would be pure speculation on my part. I know they were very accomodating to her and the kids they had a personal trailer with a play area I think and I remember somewhere either reading or her doing an interview that Gary had a "Tea party" with one of the girls:luvlove: He also helped to build them a swing set. :adore:Gary and Melina had a wonderful friendship.:(

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

Very true but at some point I think in anyones carreer they decide to take a break and spend it with family, sure her girls understand that she needs to work but still the hours they work are crazy. I do agree with the way her character was starting to change, she seemed to be going down a darker path than in earlier seasons. Yeah I get that she was attacked by her boyfriend, had her apartment burnt down, and was attacked in a pool, but I feel that they should have maybe givin her a more uplifting storyline to balance that out. I will always support anything she does, but I will really miss her character, and I personally will no longer watch it.

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

This is true. As a matter of fact shortly after she left there were some pictures posted of her and the girls walking down the streets in New York.

We seemed to see less and less of her those final episodes couple that with the fact she seemed kind of just "there" and not as prevalent as before. If this is the way they were going with her character I am glad she spared us all the frustration of watching it happen.

I'm sad to say me too:(

9. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I know what you mean! She just seemed to be a filler of space near the end. I am glad that she is taking the step to move on and end her characters journey in a way that is semi ok, and that we don't just get tired of the lame drama that they throw at a character just to up ratings. And I saw the pictures of her in New York with her girls and they all looked really happy and relaxed :)

10. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

As selfish as my heart is I wanted it worked out!:lol: But if Melina did not like the way they were portrating Stella then I must trust her descion as I am sure it would not have been acceptable to her fans and has thus spared us much frustration and dissappointment. On the other hand something I truely loved to look forward to is gone and I know if I tried to watch it would just leave me bitter, and who wants extra bitterness in there life?

By the way is your Avie you? If so congratulations and your banner? Who is Stella Marie Brand December 2010? A due date and new baby name?

11. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I am glad that she is ending the character in a way that all of the fans for her and Stella will still have the love for her. If that makes any sense. And I know with CSI Marg is saying that it is time to move on. 6 seasons is a good run.

Yes that is me in my avi, and she is due December 16th and her name is Stella Marie :) And thank you :)

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yes it does make sense, she is going out loved but would be loved even more if she could come back by the end of the series!:thumbsup:

AAAWWW Congratulations another Stella to love. :luvlove: Good luck to you is she your first?

13. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I personally really hate when they keep a character to long and give them a horrible storyline then just write them off, they need to write them off with a somewhat of a decent leave.

Yeah and she is going to be my last, I am only 17 so my World History teacher is adopting her :)

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I agree. Nothing more then to see your favorite character turn into to someone you dont know or like ant more. I wish I could see what PV had written in those six episodes for Melina!

I'm sure she will be quite loved!:)

15. flack's girl

flack's girl Dead on Arrival

I am so going to miss Stella, but good luck to Melina for her future projects!!