Khandi Alexander Departs CSI: Miami

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wojo, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Exclusive: Khandi Alexander Departs CSI: Miami

[​IMG]

OK, now this is getting downright ridonkulous.

For the third time this week, I'm bringing you exclusive news about yet another cast shake-up at a hit procedural. This time 'round, the show in question is CSI: Miami and the departing thesp is Khandi Alexander.

Although CBS declined to comment, a Miami insider confirms that Alexander — who has played medical examiner Alexx Woods since day one — is leaving at the end of the season. What's the story behind this exit? I'm not 100 percent certain, but, from what I gather, it wasn't one of those mutual deals we've been hearing about so much lately. Let's just say Alexander had some, um, issues with a certain aspect of the show and leave it at that, K?

Meanwhile, Miami's on the prowl for a new medical examiner to succeed Alexander, and word on the street is the newbie will have male genitalia.

Sad to see Alexander go? Yes? No? Pick one and, please, elaborate away in the comment section. And if you have any predictions/leads on who'll get canned next, by all means, share it with the class.

2. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

I called this a while ago. She left NewsRadio cause they wouldn't give her screen time and Miami never gave her anything good. Good for her, I hope she finds another show/movie that appreciates her talent.

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

So sorry to see Khandi go, but I agree tptb have never developed her character or made good use of her talents. Sometimes, the money just isn't enough. You go, Khandi! We'll be watching for you!

4. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

Really sorry to hear this news, I just can't imagine anyone else as M.E. she'll be missed!:(

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

It'll be kinda sad to see her go. Alexx is like the "Mom" of the team. But on ther other hand, she deserves more screentime. Here's wishing her all the best.

I wonder who the new M.E will be?

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The CSI franchise is losing people left and right. It's like a cold. It's everywhere.

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Well it's to be expected. Afterall both CSI and Miami have had a prett long run, so it's inevitable. As long as H or Grissom doesn't leave the shows, they'd probably be able to go on.

But it'll be a big blow if the other original cast also left (ie Adam and Emily), and personally Jon too (cos I really like Ryan).

8. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Aw man, this bums me out. I loved Alexx... :( It will not be the same without her. I hope she finds a new project she loves - maybe back to theatre?

9. midnight_tiptoes

midnight_tiptoes Head of the Day Shift

Fixed.

If you're African American you get screwed by this franchise. Hill Harper doesn't get any screen time, either. It's ridiculous.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

:lol: I totally didn't get my quote for a second, then I got what you were doing Carol.

And you're right. None of them get good screentime, and lately Khandi's character has been going downhill. To me, she's not the same Alexx as she was in Seasons 1-3. It ashame that they can really give screentime to Natalia but won't give it to a veteran actor on the series.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. :( She really is criminally underused on Miami. She's put in six years, and given that she hasn't had a major storyline in what, two years now? I can't blame her. It's a loss for the show, but hopefully Khandi will move on to something better where her talents will be utilized.

:lol: Sad, but true, at least in the case of Khandi and Hill. I think Warrick has had some great storylines, the most recent being the one this season with the mob boss. But it sounds like there is more to Dourdan's exit than is going to be in the press.

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah he has had some personal problems this past year that have not reflected well on the show so I think TPTB took his contract expiring as an opportunity to part ways.

As for Khandi, I could see her leaving b/c of her non existent role, possible discomfort with a co-star or just her wanting to move on....kind of sucks though. I really hope we don't see any more exits for any of the three. But I wish her the best b/c they never developed her character at all and they had plenty of opportunity to do so but left her hanging out there in no man's land. Her scenes in each ep as these last few seasons went on got smaller and non existent. It really is a shame.

If there are any more exists, any thoughts on who might be next?

13. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

This news makes me very sad, but I can't say I'm surprised, Khandi was woefully underused on Miami.

I wish her all the best in her future projects.

14. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

God, I wanna cry. I really love Alexx and I have hoped till the last moment we would not have to read such a news. Khandi is great, sweet and her departure will affect the "family". I just hope we will have success with something that makes her happy. But it will be really hard without the "team mother", for the characters and the cast... They are so close...

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

It`s really sad that she is leaving... It`s hard to imagine CSIM without her. But, I do understand her. I hope she finds job where she will be appreciated more then on CSIM. It would be extremely bad if they just let her go without making some kind of excuse (I`m talking about Alexx`s character in the show). I would really like them to give her one last great storyline...