Eric and Calleigh #39-Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by ladyhunter, Oct 10, 2011.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Oct 31, 2011.
  1. Come back to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The heart doesn't lie

5.9%
  3. Without you, I am not me

5.9%
  4. Broken Promises

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every rose has its thorn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mr. & Mrs. Delko

5.9%
  7. I found you a new boyfriend

11.8%
  8. Let's get back together

5.9%
  9. Our love will never die

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Let's have a fresh start

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Let's fix what shouldn't be broken

41.2%
  12. New beginnings, Happy Endings.

23.5%
  13. True Love Will Prevail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Love Will Lead You Back

5.9%
  15. You're Where I Belong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Never give up hope

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I haven't given up. I just wasn't posting here or anywhere for some time - there was no spoilers that were worth it...
    I really hope that Cal and Delko will be back together soon, I don't blame hiphuggers for abandoning this ship...It's been so long when anything happened...:rolleyes:
    Looking forward to the new episodes!

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Sorry about that- I didn't think it was a spoiler or a speculation since it was from an official press release from CBS.

3. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I certainly haven't given up on my favourite couple; but like Kala said, there's not much to talk about... well, nothing positive anyway. And it's been like that for a couple of years :(.
    Hope that will soon change :thumbsup:

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess I'm more in a "believe it when I see it" kind of mood when it comes to anything relating good news for Eric and Calleigh. We've had so many hollow promises that I just can't bring myself to get too excited.

If it all pans out it would be great. I hope we get a nice scene were we see some kind of resolution and actually understand what is going on between them. Not something just thrown in there.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

We had a nice little scene in this last episode :). Calleigh definitely didn't think that contacting Elizabeth was a good idea. Concerned for Eric and IMO a bit jealous ;). I really do hope that they don't go further with Eric's "personal relationship" with Elizabeth. I don't mind if Eric is helping her out and things are getting misinterpreted. Heck, I don't mind Elizabeth actually having a crush on him. But I don't want anything more than that.

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks, hh17!!!I'm waiting for something 'real' though...this bits are ok, I guess, but I was hoping for a bit more action towards the end of the season...I think I'll write my first fan fiction soon about hiphuggers, so far I've written one, but not about Eric and Calleigh. I'm working on one, though.

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi guys, that bit from Mayra is interesting:
    As to what’s happening with the relationship — nicknamed “Delquesne,” a mash-up of the characters’ last names — Rodriguez says, “Not enough, in my opinion, as usual. I think we’re always sort of hinting at it and not taking a big bite. Maybe there’s a sense of urgency now that the season’s winding down. “I think there’s some longing to be together on both parts, but there’s been quite a bit of space. The main problem is that we just haven’t made the decision to go there and explore it. I don’t want to speculate on what’s going on off camera. Maybe that’ll end up being what we end up seeing.” Both Rodriguez and Procter express concern about whether the show will get an 11th season, which would mean either Delquesne gets resolved this season or not at all.
    I seriously don't get this article. Apart from hints that they might get back together I suspect that in fact nothing may change. The whole article is here: http://www.l8estfromcsimiami.com/2012/03/kate-o-hares-interview-with-emily.html

What do you guys think?

PS. Thanks Mayra!

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Here's one from TV Line:

http://tvline.com/2012/03/25/csi-miami-preview-emily-procter-adam-rodriguez/

It does sound like there will be a nice moment between them but I'll just believe it when I see it. I guess it all depends on Calleigh's answer right now to Eric's proposal. Emily sounds pretty enthused so I hope it's good news and not another limbo moment.

9. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

I have to say these two are the most confusing couple on any show they go from o to 60 over night. We go months with nothing about them barely having scenes so we ok that's it and bang just like that they throw them back into each others orb. This episode seemed to show that eric seemed to want to get back together but calleigh seems more reluctent beccause she wants something more stable. I am guessing the ball is in eric's court to either step up or stay away but all in all very confusing

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I've seen that scene - it's on YT. Not sure if I should be excited or not, I have mixed feelings. Ok, the relationship has been addressed, yes Eric still loves her, the scene was cute and I love the way the were looking at each other. But: there is no solution!They are apparently not together as Calleigh doesn't want Eric in her life. Again the relationship is at limbo. Hopefully season finale will resolve everything, I can't wait.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep, everything you just wrote. The scene was adorable. It was so obvious they still have strong feelings for each other, the way they were looking at each other and smiling. I loved how Eric was just dying to know what the heck was going on with Cal lol. Cal's "you are still handsome" killed me!!! That was so :adore::adore: But yeah they are still in limbo.

Even though Calleigh said no to Eric helping out I think there's still the possibility that Eric is there for her because of recent spoilers. So if they kept that in, we have hope of a nice scene and maybe even a happy ending.

12. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I haven't posted here in forever because there was nothing new on the E/C front since the CSIM powers-that-be decided to break up Calleigh & Eric at the beginning of this season. :( I no longer watch new CSIM episodes "live" on TV (and I won't until Eric & Cal are reunited), but I just watched "Law & Disorder" (ep. 10x18) on CBS.com. I loved the E/C scenes ... not a full-on romantic reunion by any stretch, but the chemistry between Calleigh & Eric was undeniable. Especially in the scene in the locker-room where Cal was patching-up Eric's cut and he offered to help her with the adoption ... amazing romantic subtext there ... just begging for a fanfic! :adore: It's obvious that they still feel very strongly about each other, though, as usual, Eric was more open with his feelings while Calleigh was more cautious. However, I must admit that Calleigh referring to her relationship with Eric as "off-and-on" was news to me! IMO, they seemed to be pretty much "on" and full-steam-ahead until the showrunners abruptly decided to split them up at the beginning of season 10. Go figure.:confused:

I've been M.I.A. from here (and the Talk CSI forum in general) for so long that I didn't even realize that the E/C 'ship had "graduated" to its 39th thread.:thumbsup: And, of course, I missed the long-overdue spoilers regarding E/C at the end of this current season.
    I can only hope and keep my fingers crossed that the spoilers about Eric stepping into help Calleigh adopt Austin & his sister, and Delko declaring his feelings, actually happen. Like hiphugger17, I'll be cautiously optimistic until I actually see these E/C scenes in the season finale itself. And while I don't want CSIM to be cancelled, if CBS decides not to pick it up for another season, at least the series will sign off with a positive resolution for E/C if these latest spoilers come to pass.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

From Mega Buzz:
    Not really anything new but here it is...

At least it appears that they are sticking with the spoilers in the finale. I was actually pretty convinced they would edit it out. Yep, they've made a pessimist out of me lol. I hope we get something substantial cause this could very well be the series finale so I hope there's a definite, clear presentation of them as a couple and not more maybes.

14. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Don't worry, they've made me a pessimist too.
    There has been so many spoilers regarding these two that never happened that I take everything with a grain of salt. But hopefully EC will have a nice closure this Sunday. Unfortunately I thionk that because of that constant back and forth a lot o hiphuggers lost interest in this couple or even CSI Miami in general.

15. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Considering they have been apart for quite awhile and that she wants to adopt two kids it wouldn't make sense for them to put them back together right away. What i think is we will see movement by the end of the season and like she said they are playing it that they both love each other but haven't fully committed. I think with calleigh from her last talk with eric she tired of the on and off again I think if we get another season we will see them become more stable and seems they both are ready for that they just need a push.