Several 'CSI' Actors Make The List Of Top Earners

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Aug 11, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

TVGuide.com posted a list of TV’s top earning stars, and four actors from the CSI franchise made the cut. CSI: Miami’s leading man David Caruso (Horatio Caine) and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s leading lady Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) tied as the highest earners from the CSI series—each of them is pulling in $375,000 per episode. [...]

More...

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I know it's all relative, but damn - I'd love to make that much money in a year (or two years, even). Hey, CBS, I can whip off my sunglasses too! [​IMG]

Also, I think it's kind of...not necessarily strange, exactly, but it's strange that some of the actors doing half-hour comedies make more than the actors doing hour dramas. (I wonder if it has to do with the syndication potential of a comedy vs a drama? I really have no idea how any of this stuff works.)

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I'll assume the top earners list is incomplete because I can't believe the supporting cast of the CSIs aren't on the list. The lowest on the list is $30000/episode, and Snooki of Jersey Shore is earning it! :eek: Don't tell me she's earnng more than anyone on CSI except the leads!

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I'd love to make that much money!!Tv actors are way overpaid.

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Geeno, that surprises me too that the supporting CSI actors are making less than $30,000 an episode, especially Emily Procter. I also noticed that Simon Baker, the star of the successful series, The Mentalist, didn't even make the list and that Alex O'Loughlin, who has never had a successful series, is making such a high salary. I wish someone would confirm if the list is incomplete or not.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    The supporting cast is most likely listed under a different category.They were all making much more several seasons ago,and poor economy or not,they didn't take that huge a pay cut where they would be making less than half of what they made before.
    The list also seems incomplete, as if other factors were a part of how they are made up.There are people completely missing from the list that were there before.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It's hard to be sympathetic with any of the actors in a recession. But to be fair, some of them may never find work again after CSI. Not that they can't act, far from it. The showbiz world is so fickle that they may never get gigs for a while.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

In time of recession it is incredible how they pay these actors for a tv show. I know there's a a lot of work behind what we see (though w/ all the money they have for the production they could try and improve :shifty:), I know that everyone works really hard for even more than 9 months per years, but 375,000$ per episode is definitly too much....even for Emmys actors!!!

I won't even express my opinon on Laurie's money 'cause I think there's no need for it. It's pretty self-explanatory :rolleyes:

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I think I'm going to assume that CBS is trying to keep Charlie Sheen out of jail with that 1.25 million per episode! :wtf: It's just hard to come up with a 'good' reason for a star (who gets in as much trouble as he does) of a half hour show to get that much more than any of the stars of their hour long shows. (Not to mention that this season I think it will proove to be a costly mistake, and how many other shows are going to be paying for it?)

Susan

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I hate that I'm even trying to defend Charlie Sheen, but to put it into perspective, Ray Ramano got 1.7 million per episode of Everybody Loves Raymond, and Kelsey Grammer got 1.6 million for Frasier. And, CBS isn't directly paying Sheen; his show is produced by a different studio (I think it's Warner Brothers), so they were the ones doing the negotiating. But once CBS renewed the show for 2 more years, I think WB had to pay up to keep Charlie. The show is successful, currently and in syndication, and it looks like the other actors are being well paid (though not to the same grandiose extent that Charlie is) so I suspect he may be worth it. I haven't watched it in years, so I can't really speak to the quality.
    It is obvious that sitcom actors get paid well for less work, but the shows are cheap to produce; no special effects or off site shooting, or grand sets to configure. So the actors are the biggest expense of the show. If the show makes a lot of money, might as well give it to them.