Eric and Calleigh #33: Will You Stay With Me?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well it's a little bit quiet here today, but I understand it, after so emotional episode I guess we need to cool down somewhat.;)
    I read the revies of 7.14 and I have to say that I don't agree with it.
    It is said there, that no real progress is made between them:scream:.
    So does it mean we all are blind or that we see things that isn't really there:confused:? Please, it's definitely not true. I'm sure it was a big step towards their relationship, I even think that last scene was the beginning of it. And from now it will only develop.:)

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, I think what Kristine was saying was that none of it is really anything that we didn't already know. Whether Calleigh heard what he said or not, "i can't imagine living my life without you" is a moment-of-desperation type of sentence. It doesn't necessarily mean that they're going anywhere at all fast. I can kind of see what she's saying. It's a step, but nowhere near a jump.

3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Don't kill my happy buzz!!:( But, seriously *sighs* I see what you mean. She definitely heard him, though. I hope, however, that it was not a moment-of-desperation thing and the writers will follow up soon! Maybe their jump will come soon. I hope any way.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I understand what Kristine means in that it's taken so long for the writers to get these two together that an episode like monday's should (or could) have been the final plunge in them just getting together already; or at least being more direct in talking about their feelings for each other. Even though a lot has been said it's my opinion that it's been somewhat crypted and with double meanings. I think that the most direct moment between them was when Calleigh asked him what he wanted and at that moment he clamed up, so even though they know there's something going on and so does the public there's still hasn't been a "I want more between us, let's be more than friends and give us a try" moment.

In what I don't agree with her is in that I do think monday's moment was a big step for them. When Eric said that "it was real" there's no doubt that Calleigh knows how much he cares about her. I mean, try to imagine how many people (desperate situation or not) you would tell "I can't imagine living my life without you" to. Those are NOT light words. They carry a lot of weight and do mean a lot. Plus, we have Calleigh who we all know can be so closed up and distant asking him to stay with her and admiting she did hear him. She could've easily played dumb and pretend she didn't hear a word and just ignore everything, but she didn't.

So I do see where she's coming from but I do have to say that monday's scene was super important and it's a crucial point in the development of their relationship.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I get what she is saying too...as much of a buzz kill as it is ;)

Eric said the words not knowing that Calleigh could hear him, HOWEVER, when she confronted him about what he said he didn't pretend not to have said it or change the subject; he admitted he said it and that it was real.

Granted Calleigh wanted to hear him say the words to her face and not her unconscious body but she did seem HAPPY that it happened. I don't think she knew it wasn't a dream until she saw his watch, then I think realization hit her that what she heard was real. She could have easily let it go but she chose to say something.

So while it may not have been the ideal way of it coming out, it was said,heard and acknowledged. And remember this is Miami....they just did it in their own fashionable way. ;)

So while it was a moment of desperation type of thing....she now knows how he feels. However it came out; it came out. Desperation or not the idea, notion or emotion is out there now. It was acknowledged by both of them....she didn't turn him and now he knows that his feelings will be received openly. I think if anything, this will allow Eric to feel a little more confident about telling her more about how he feels. I'm also hoping that she in turn will reveal her feelings to him.

Sometimes it takes a moment of desperation or fear to get you to say the words....I don't think he thought she could hear him but I think deep down he was hoping she could. And look she seemed pretty pleased that he said what he said.

So lets just go with it ;)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

You know, technically.. Eric did EXACTLY what she asked. She did say, and I quote.. "..You are gonna have to tell me because until I actually hear you say the words, I don't even know if you believe it yourself..."
    So Eric said the words.. and she did hear him.:)

So despite the review, which is great.. I just going to pretend that it did happen the way Calleigh wanted it to. Lol.

7. delkolover

You said it or well it was said......"Until I actually hear you say the words, I don't even know if you believe it yourself..." She was right, he wouldn't believe it until he said the words. It took a moment of desperation but I think she was looking for him to hear the words for himself...not just her. Sure she wanted to hear them but I think she was looking for him to verbalize his feelings for himself as much as her.

At least that is my opinion and the thought that just popped into my head! :lol:

8. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I have to agree. When he said he couldn't live his life without her, his voice got really low, and kind of gravel-ish, kind of like when you admit something you've never said before and that you're nervous about saying. I really do hope, though, he eventually says something with more confidence to her, and that she can say something hopefully back. :thumbsup:

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, I want to hear Calleigh say something back to him. I mean, we've known how Eric has felt about her since like season 5. So all this stuff we've been getting from him in is nothing new. I want to hear Calleigh confess her feeling to Eric. That'd be nice.:)

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Good to know that I am not the only one who is waiting for Calleigh to say something. Her asking him to stay with her was a big step because for so long she has been the one to not need anyone. Her declaration means that this whole experience was a wake up call for her.

I think when we get an I love you out of either of them, my heart will stop. :lol:

11. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I would most likely scream so loud, and fall off my couch, onto the floor, and my neighbors would probably call the cops because it would sound like i was being murdered:guffaw: Gosh, I'd probably have to take a few days off to just watch and watch the scene. :D...hahh...but i dont care! i want them to kiss NOWW! hhahh

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ha ha...me too. I think my roommate would tell me that I am absolutely crazy (oh wait, she already tells me that :guffaw:)

I can't wait to get an actual confirmation that these two are together, I really hope that we don't have to wait until next month to see it either. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised on Monday :)

13. delkolover

Oh yeah this all goes both ways! I am hoping we get something out of Calleigh in the next 2 eps or so about how she feels about Eric. Although lets face it; Cal has never been one to wear her heart on her shirt sleeve and imo her actions speak louder than words. All she has done for Eric in the last 2 years speaks volumes.

But still, it would be nice to hear some sort of recirpocation on her part about her feelings for him. So hopefully Monday will be even more pleasant than this past Monday was :D

My god, if I were to hear those words come out of either of there mouthes to one another....I think I will lose control of bowels and die :lol:

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Well said. If I remember correctly, Calleigh has never come out and asked him for the comfort of his company. Even after "All In" she was trying to tell him she was okay, and it took HIM telling her he wasn't okay to get her to accept some comfort from him. So, that little "Will you stay with me?" after almost losing her life is a clear indication that she's taken that step, that step into cementing a romantic, more than friends, relationship with Eric.

Kristine took the episode to task when she said that she didn't think that Eric's profession of love for her when she was unconcsious was not a real profession of love. Well I take exception to that as well, because he did say the words to her. Yes she was unconscious, but hell, like you said, that moment of desperation is when Eric realized he couldn't wait any more, he had to tell her... its at times like this that true feelings come out, and he couldn't have stopped himself if he wanted to. And, who's to say that he wouldn't have told her when she woke up? They were starting to talk when she told him she'd known he was there, and that she'd heard him... whereupon he told her that what he'd said wasn't a dream, that "it was real". I have to think that if she hadn't told him that she'd known he was there, and heard what he'd said... that he would have told her anyway. He didn't seem the least bit reluctant to tell her that what he'd said was real... in fact, he seemed so damned happy that she was awake and well that I'm sure the words would have happily bubbled up from his lips as he became caught up in the joy of having her back with him. I really think Kristine missed the boat on this one.

Dude... I cannot WAIT until Monday!

15. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I agree. He seemed like he was about to tell her then she cut him off. Of course the writers can be contrary to what we think so..............

He was really happy, wasn't he? I wasn't really paying attention, but when I watched it again he had a huge Delko grin. I loved it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.