Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

I haven't gotten that far ep wise, but she didn't want to leave? Why did she leave, and what happened?

2. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

The writers decided it was time for the H/Y relationship to change, so they wrote her character out..

I think they wrote her out because the H/Y relationship was too strong from the beginning, if she had been in season4 I'm pretty sure they would've already end up together or pretty soon anyways. Now because of the time apart, Horatio explored another relationship but it ended bad. And Yelina knows this, so she won't be coming on to Horatio for a pretty long time, unless he comes onto her of course. At the end of Rio I like to think Yelina said "Although I'm not really sure what there is here for us." to get Horatio to open up to her without pushing him..

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Yes, I think that's very true. It was very subtle, but I felt she was looking for a sign here.

There has been no official word as to why Yelina was written off at the end of Season 3. All we have to go on are personal e-mails/letters between fans and Corey Miller and Ann Donahue. Corey felt they needed to 'change' the H/Y relationship (though what he meant by that is anyone's guess) and Ann said that they wanted to see Horatio without Yelina. It still disappoints us no end that TPTB have never explained themselves, which is why many of us were left feeling very let down indeed.

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I just think they wrote her out because there relationship was just going too fast, they needed a reason to keep them apart from each other for a while longer. The pleasure in the "kill" is in the chase right?

In other soaps you see relationships develop right? But with H/Y it was already "hardcore" from the beginning so..

5. inge

inge CSI Level Two

^ and it was never soapy.
    you're right, you felt the connection between them right in the first episode 'Simple Man'.
    for me, the relationship went to slow. It was always one step forward (for ex. hurican anthony, whacked) and two steps back (the episode where yelina found out about madison, the episode where H found out Yelina dating Rick).

I didn't like the come back of ray in Season 3, for me it was a little bit too surreal that he's alive. maybe I'm thinking too much about it.
    I try to imagine Season 4 with Yelina. how would she have reacted in 'under suspicion' or what would she have said to him because of the wedding?
    (maybe we would have seen the return of Lucy's frying pan? sorry that was mean) :p

6. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

I have an even better question, would he have married if she was around? :eek:

The first and until the middle of the second season it felt like the relationship was in a speeding train, the writers realized this and they decided to put the brakes on it. Which ain't bad but the comeback of Ray was just over the top!

I personally would've done it a whole lot different. I would've put the whole Madison deal in the beginning, then she dating Stetler. Then they both realize they've got strong feelings for each other. Confront them and decide to take things slow from there. No ray coming back!

But hey I'm not a writer, actually I am since short (thx to good old csi miami giving me inspiration!), but not on CSI Miami .. well not yet ;)

Let's just hope the writers give us what we want in Season 5!

7. Lucy

Hee! Not mean at all. Fully justified infact. I always have it at the ready! :devil:

I rather liked the gradual progression of the H/Y storyarc. It worked nicely for me. We just got little hints/signs now and again and that was tastefully done and enjoyably subtle. Sustained development is what it's all about for me. :)

8. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Seems like that frying pan might still be needed. We could use it to knock some sense into Horatio for starters! :p

I never felt that the H/Y storyarc moved too fast. I liked the steady pace of it. It seems to me, that the reason Yelina was written off was because the writers were lacking in ideas and took the easy option. Bringing Ray back, Yelina disappearing with him - this improved the show how exactly? If they had developed this further, it really could have been very interesting. Instead, they forgot about them for an entire season and then killed Ray off for good at the first S5 opportunity. Hmm. What did that achieve? Answers on a postcard please! ;)

9. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

It achieved a lousy 4th season!!

Anyways I'm very glad she's back, and Ray is now forever out of the picture!! H/Y 4ever!

10. Lucy

:lol: That expression takes me back! Not sure if it's just a British thing, but it's great. Kit's answer will do for me too - it achieved a lousy 4th season. Silly writers.

Indeed, we must look on the bright side. Ray gone for good does have it's obvious advantages. Once we knock some sense into H, he should see the wood for the trees and realize just what he has in Yelina. Just how long will the writers make us suffer until he sees this chance of real happiness? Will they even go down this road?

Still we wait. A spoiler or two would be nice. Just a little sign. Please?

11. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Lucy shame on you, doubting a bit that they will ever get together. We need positive energy!

Of course they will get together, Horatio does know what he has in Yelina and vica versa but he's just so hung up on family that he won't make the first move. It'll have to come from Yelina who holds back because of the whole Madison deal and she of course dated Stetler so she couldn't just flirt with him anymore, although that look she gave him at the end of "The Oath" said it all. "Goddamned Horatio, I love you. I don't want to date Stetler. I want to be with you and make mini Horatio's."

*positive energy!* :D

The famous "I love you" look

12. Lucy

My positive energy tank sprung a leak! ;)

Thanks to these writers, I am currently close to running on empty. My positivity levels for this storyarc were full to overflowing in the first 3 seasons, regardless of all the plot devices used to get between them. I enjoyed the emotional rollercoaster very much indeed. I'll let you know how hopeful I am once we see where things seem to be heading!

Nice Yelina pic - thanks. :)

13. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

:lol: My positive energy is also dwindling, Luce. The devices that got between the two, in the first 3 seasons, were indeed a bit fustrating for us, but at least they were there for us to actually SEE! Blah.

Still, I remain a tad more optimistic then I should be so my 'energy well' hasn't hit rock bottom...yet. I still watch the show, mostly out of habit, but it really doesn't have the entertaining pizzazz of seasons 1-3.

It is good though that we can all find entertainment elsewhere, concerning televisions that is, until tptb tighten that proverbial 'loosened screw' in the show. As I have found in LOST & Jericho, and--as I'm sure,most of you have found,even if it be past seasons.

14. Lucy

Oh so true HnM. When I watch other great shows, I also realize just how bad post-Season 3 CSI:M is.

I'm always glad that I can enjoy some H/Y moments whenever I wish by watching the dvd's, so we will always have those to fall back on. Hope for the future is still intact too, but let's just say I am not holding my breath. ;)

Some people are commenting on the lack of screentime H has had so far this season since Rio. It may sound like wishful thinking, but maybe this bodes well for the return of Yelina. ie. they are planning to do more H-centric stuff later in the season when Yelina and Ray Jnr should feature. Hopeful speculaton on my part, but you never know!

15. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Indeed Luce what you're saying could be right, hadn't thought of that. Let's hope they do so :d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.