CSINY Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by LME, Feb 1, 2012.

1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I look for Miami to be off in 1-2 years. New York will follow behind it, then CSI-Vegas will leave shortly after NY goes off. Vegas has well over reached it's time to leave the network for prime time, Sunday Nights are weak nights for TV, and I think CBS moving Miami was a way to end it in a few years. NY will follow behind it. Vegas and Miami have passed 10 Seasons, and no matter the show (excluding Survivor) the usual run for TV Shows in our era is about 8-10 Season. CBS needs to kill Survivor, it's old, I don't think as many people are watching as CBS thinks. The Survivor Fanfare died after 9/11. It's way past time for that show to go away. Just my two cents worth.

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree. That pretty much the reason that I watch Miami. But to think CBS would cut CSI NY first is saddening. But I am setting myself up for NY getting axed. I just hope that should it get cancelled that Gary will still act rather than doing LT. Dan Band full-time.

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I can't see him doing LT. Dan Band full-time because he will need the money. He may be set for live but you never know in this economy.

4. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

just because you like nY better than mia and ny is going to get cancelled doesn't mean you have to make fun of mia and david caruso you know? maybe if the fans were supportive of all 3 shows instead of fighting for one, cbs might keep them all around

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Nothing we don't already know, but here's another mention form TVGuide's Ask Matt:

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am still tweeting and I keep trying to find blogs that might post information on the petition. I have been a little distracted with personal stuff, but I am gonna try to give it more attention this week. #Operation9 #csiny

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Hey NY fans, if ever NY gets the boot, we are now free to get out every Friday night ok?No one will force us to watch soporific shows like Blue Bloods. Remember, NY gave BB a great launch two years ago. Now it seems NY is getting the boot? :scream: And The Good Wife also gets renewed? :wtf: It's ok if you like Grimm. It's cool and some former CSI writers are now writing for that show.

8. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Mentioned this in the other thread but I have come to terms with the fact that CSI NY is likely to get the ax. The writing is on the wall..all that remains is for THTB to put the period on it.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Gary Sinuses Club Tweets they did, but I'm going to try not to throw a fit until someplace official says something...I didn't realize that wasn't a verified thing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

But Gary Sinise hasn't posted that on his twitter yet and nothing on CSI: NY twitter or FB page.

So I think we need to wait. I've tried looking it up but nothing at all.

I think we need to wait.

11. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, I just said that...we posted at the same time LOL. Or I edited while you posted.

I want to follow Gary's feed but my stupid Google reader wasn't finding it. *Annoyed*

12. PerfectAnomaly

There's been nothing official from CBS. People are probably saying it's cancelled based on the fact that it wasn't part of CBS' early pickup list.

13. PerfectAnomaly

More insight into CBS' rationale for either renewing or cancelling NY via TVGuide's Ask Matt:

14. MacsGirlMel

They don't always get it right though. I've never forgiven them for Moonlight. Networks ought to be willing to take a few risks when a show is popular but not over the top in the ratings like some shows can be early on. Of course, that doesn't apply to CSI.

I didn't know they were so costly to produce. But I do think changes have happened...they aren't saying either regular CSI or CSI Miami, whichever it is, is the most popular scripted show on TV anymore. And NY's additional problem was spinoff fatigue. They don't usually get the auidence the original show does, and this is the second spinoff.

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

GS has tweeted we will know in May if NY will be back or not.

Gary Sinise ‏ @GarySinise Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    The five new episodes beginning March 30 R remaining shows 4 Season 8.Stay tuned 4 May announcement from CBS on yes or no 4 CSI NY Season 9.