The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I've seen three movies just this past week. The first was Hunger Games, which was pretty good. I didn't think it was as good as a lot of people said it was but I have to say, for a book to movie adaption, it was done well. It was just kind of... different at parts. The whole movie was kind of made weirdly, there was just something odd about it. Like certain parts were really quiet with absolutely no music or anything where, in my opinion, it would have been better with music. I don't know, it was good anyway just not what I was expecting I guess.

The second was 21 Jump Street which I surprisingly loved. I didn't have high expectations because I'm a big fan of the original show and wasn't thrilled that this was going to be a comedy when the show was so serious. It was good though, really funny, and Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise's cameo was so perfect, I wasn't expecting it at all. Also nice to see Holly Robinson-Peete closer to the beginning as well. I think Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise made me love the movie more than I would have if they didn't have cameos, but it was really good anyway.

The last was Titanic in 3D. I'd never really seen the whole movie in one sitting before so it was good to finally see it all at one time. It was really good, I enjoyed it a lot. The 3D wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty cool.

2. 915

915 CSI Level One

Me and my BF went to the Hunger Games this week and I got to say I loved the movie. It had an interesting plot and message. If anything it has now made me want to go and read the books. Books are always better, but since I went to the movie first so I wouldn't be disappointed with any differences.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I just watched Piranha 3D. Elisabeth Shue was in it and she was one of the main characters. It was a pretty stupid movie. The first half was just naked women and men treating girls as nothing more but sexual objects. Then the second half was just over-the-top blood and gore. Probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen. There was no plot whatsoever. :shifty:

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The Cabin In The Woods- in a word: AWESOME. You're literally being scared and laughing your ass of within the same couple seconds. A really cool, clever film.

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Just saw it today and I totally agree with this assessment!

6. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

I saw "Lockout". LOVED IT! it was funny and it had alot of action! my two favorite things in a movie :cool:.

7. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Battleship- It's not my type of movie but nonetheless, I enjoyed it. Amazing special effects!

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Just watched The Bodyguard. It was OK but I felt like there were too many plot holes and the ending kinda sucked.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Leap Year - Kind of a cute romantic comedy. It had some funny spots where the girl was just clumsy and kept messing everything up.

10. BabaOReilly

It doesn't hurt "Leap Year" that Matthew Good is so danged HAWT! :lol:

I have my tickets for The Avengers next Friday... that will be my "The Last Movie You Saw" very soon! :D

11. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

The Raven
    It was actually pretty cool. I'm not gonna say it was the greatest movie ever, but I enjoyed myself. I'd give it a B+

12. BabaOReilly

I watched 3 this weekend: Mr. Lazhar ( A French Canadian flick), Tucker and Dale Vrs Evil and Chronicle. All were really good and obviously for different reasons.

Mr. Lazhar was a great little drama about loss, Tucker and Dale was just silly fun (and I always LOVE Alan Tudyk) and Chronicle was surprising- I didn't know what to expect from a docu-style drama about 3 teens who suddenly have powers, but it was really, really well done- it's my favorite of the 3.

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I saw the Avengers this weekend...and it was *awesome*! Am seriously considering going to see it again next weekend, maybe even forking out extra for 3D.

14. BabaOReilly

Man, I have my advanced tickets for Friday and they were $18 a pop! :eek: But I have a feeling it's going to be worth it. ;)

15. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

American Reunion. If you enjoyed the first 3 American Pie movies then you should like this new one too. I laughed out loud and enjoyed it.