CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yay! I'm glad to hear she's coming back. It's like the continuity fairies have all realized they have a job evaluation coming up and they're getting their asses in gear. :D Rikki had a decent exit, but it left things open for her to come back - I guess we'll see how that happens.

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I guess we were right in that her exit was deliberately left open-ended. :D The way they looked so torn at just having to say goodbye to each other ... yeah, it was only a matter of time before they saw each other again. Just having this continuity is an amazing thing already! :D

Considering Rikki was the one who decided to move away, she must have a very good reason for returning. I'm sure it'll involve her seeing Danny again but what will they be meeting up for? Yep, we'll see what happens in season five! :D

3. Faylinn

What's interesting to me is how it's phrased. She will 'continue to recur'? That doesn't sound like a one-off appearance, that sounds like she'll be back for multiple episodes.

With this, Flack having a relative and Hawkes having a backstory--yayness! :D

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sweet that Rikki is going to come back! :D I'm so, so, so impressed by the continuity with the Ruben storyline and how it's all played out. I love to see great, deep storylines for Danny, and it's fantastic that this one has been developed in such depth.

:lol: My money is pretty much on that, actually. It would have been way too weird to leave things the way they did between Danny and Lindsay, with her never knowing he slept with someone else. That just didn't feel right. Rikki is so coming back pregnant. :lol:

5. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Wow, that would be just FANTASTIC wouldn't it?? What a great story arc that would provide, I can so see Carmine and Jacqueline getting their teeth stuck into that..... :D

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Aww, I think Rikki is great, I'm really glad they are bringing her back. I'm assuming that she will have already shot some scenes, so will turn up at some point in one (or more) of the first four episodes of season 5.

As for pregnant Rikki? :lol: I'll admit that it's not really a storyline that I want to see, even if I would find Danny announcing his impending fatherhood to the rest of the team somewhat amusing.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

While I think that's the way this storyline will go, it would be nice to see Rikki coming back because she missed Danny. If the sex was indeed just to ease the pain, she wouldn't miss him after she left. She'd just move on.

So what other reason could there be for her to come back except either a pregnancy or because she wants something more with Danny?

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gosh, so I'm not the only one who's putting money on Rikki returning as pregnant with Danny's baby! I dunno how the heck TPTB's going to handle such a storyline unless 1) it ends with a miscarriage or 2) Danny and Rikki become an official couple and he settles down with her (which is actually a good move if TPTB feels they have to pair Danny up with someone for the long run since Rikki is only a recurring cahracter).

Option 1 would be extremely cruel, due to what both of them have had to go through in the recent past. :( Losing his own baby would certainly put Danny in the nuthouse! That's why I think option 2 is the most logical and most likely, if TPTB goes for this Rikki-is-pregnant storyline.

Remember what Carmine said in his last interview? Shytownmofo was the one who pointed this out in the Danny/Rikki thread: how ironic would it be if TPTB decided to flip the situation so that Danny ends up becoming serious with Rikki and has a baby with her instead of Lindsay? Carmine didn't know what was going to happen after episode 4x16 when that interview took place, so my guess is the writers were already toying with the idea of Danny becoming a dad ... just didn't know who the mother of the child would be yet. Also, Carmine mentioned in the same interview about Rikki and 'some sort of beginning' with her. Rikki returning in season five could very well be it. :)

9. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

:wtf: That would so NOT make me happy! :scream:

I'm with you on this one. I don't see the need for her to come back. I don't want any more D/L drama. I hope they wrap it up really quickly or swipe it under the rug. Sorry, I'm done with it.

10. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I don't mind Rikki returning, I expected it anyway but her pregnancy :wtf: ??? If I wanted to watch soap opera, I'd switch to another channel :scream: I really hope that's not the way TPTB are going to handle things, I wished that in season 5 they'd finally concentrate more on crime and drop out D/L angst. And start developing other characters like Adam or Hawkes. If Rikki comes back pregnant than we have three people drama season and I'm not sure I can stand that :(

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Who says it will be DL drama? I don't see how Rikki coming back would have anything to do with DL or Lindsay for that matter. What Danny and Rikki did is not really any of Lindsay's business considering they weren't together so I don't see where the DL drama would come in.

I've seen this in other threads too. It's amazing that NOW it's being called a soap opera when it's not about DL.

12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I agree. I really can't see how tptb would handle a story like this well. I appreciate there is a vocal contingency on this board that hate Lindsay and can't wait for Danny to dump her ass and run off into the sunset with Rikki but really this is CSI:NY and the soap opera storylines do not fit. Having Rikki turn up pregnant would be such a cliche.

My money is on her somehow being the trigger for Lindsay finding out but I'm not sure how. I guess she could be related to a future case or something and returns to cause more angst, it could be a casual meeting where she and Danny hook up again or yes, it could be the pregnancy plotline. I don't like any of those scenarios to be honest. The way they left things with D/R was a nice ending imo, everyone retained their dignity and no-one was painted as the bad guy. I'm just not sure they can continue to handle it with dignity if they continue.

Edt. I think the whole Rikki storyline was introduced to create D/L drama, even tptb stated they would be dealing with them. I know some people prefer to believe that there wasn't really anything between D/L but I think even if they weren't officially 'together' the fact that Lindsay admitted her feelings and the way it played out indicated something was going on between the two of them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008
  13. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

the problem is that if Rikki was pregnant, there's no way Lindsay wouldn't know about it so yeah, I think if would be three people drama (for L definitely thinks they were in a relationship) and I've had it enough last season

to tell the truth, I joined tho board too late to discuss what D/L were going through last two seasons and - obviously you don't have to believe me - I didn't like the way TPTB chose to develop those characters. I liked them back in season 2 and then it started to be Danny chasing Lindsay, then Lindsay chasing Danny, both with serious problems with communicating their feelings. At the end of season 3 I felt relieved as I thought: now they're together, ok the writers may concentrate on some other people as they definitely had problems with those two. But no - season 4 brought even more drama and confusion and I really hoped that next one would altogether drop D/L/R storyline. If TPTB are going for even more drama, I'd be very disappointed.

EDIT: sorry for quoting myself, just thought I'd copy what I wrote some time ago in 'Why Sid is the only one to reproduce' thread (it was BEFORE I learnt that Rikki is coming back)

slightly OT, but I REALLY hope the writers don't plan to introduce any long-lost children/parents/brothers and sisters etc. to the show. I cannot see it working (yea, I kinda lost faith in TPTB after the last season) ... Peyton may as well come back suddenly with Mac Jr. in a stroller or some of Flack's or Danny's ex-girlfriends finally decide to claim for alimony :wtf: well, hope it's just my worst nightmares and the writers will find some other way to develop the characters

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hmm..Well, I can't see how Danny's supposed to dump her ass if they were never together. It's canon that only Lindsay thought they were together. Therefore, his relationship with Rikki is none of Lindsay's business.

Maybe Lindsay never does find out. Danny has no obligation to Lindsay so he has no reason to tell her. If Rikki would end up pregnant, Danny still has no obligation to tell Lindsay anything.

Thank you, Fighter for that one.:p

15. Faylinn

Whatever, y'all - I'd prefer Rikki coming back and it not being turned into Lindsay's Emo Tiem or WILL D/L SURVIVE ANOTHER SPEEDBUMP?! or pretty much anything that has to do with Lindsay at all.

However, Rikki returning is continuity, and we've been calling for that for a long time. Now that they're giving it to us, I'm not sure we can pick and choose which continuity is acceptable for them to present. Rikki might be back with a bun in the oven, or maybe Ruben's absent father has decided to go apeshit after finding out about his son and she seeks Danny's protection from him or whatever other possible storylines there could be. Personally, I'm just looking forward to continuity and seeing Danny and Rikki in scenes together again - and I don't demand that they be 'romantic' scenes, either. I think Jacqueline is a great actress and brings out good things in Carmine's performance.

Unless Lindsay was "stupid" and jumped back in the saddle with Danny after the phonecall, despite what she said to Mac, I really don't see how her ass has to be 'dumped' for Danny to have a storyline with any other woman, Rikki or otherwise.

Anyway - I want Rikki back because I want Rikki back. End of story. :)

ETA:

That would require me to believe that they would kill a child and have Danny sleep with the grieving mother just for D/L. I might have lost some faith in the writers, but I hope I never lose so much faith that I believe that's all they were going for. I'll be over here in my little corner where Danny can have a storyline and development that doesn't require Lindsay hanging on like a hemorrhoid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.