Episode 10x14 - 'Last Straw' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 18, 2012.

?

Grade 'Last Straw'

1. A+

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. A

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. B+

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. B

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. C+

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. C

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

(Futon Critic)

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Sunday, February 19, 2012
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1014) "Last Straw"

WHEN THE SISTERS OF A MIAMI SORORITY ARE KNOCKED OFF ONE BY ONE, THE CSIs TRY TO END THE MURDER SPREE, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, FEB. 19

Bo Derek ("10") Guest Stars as a Horse Stable Owner
    "Last Straw" - When the sisters of a Miami sorority are knocked off one by one, the CSIs try to end the murder spree, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, Feb. 19 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Bo Derek ("10") guest stars as Joanna Toring, the owner of a horse stable where a murder has been committed.

SERIES REGULARS:
    David Caruso (Horatio Caine)
    Emily Procter (Calleigh Duquesne)
    Adam Rodriguez (Eric Delko)
    Jonathan Togo (Ryan Wolfe)
    Rex Linn (Det. Frank Tripp)
    Eva La Rue (Natalia Boa Vista)
    Omar Miller (Walter Simmons)

RECURRING CAST:
    Christian Clemenson (Tom Loman)
    Taylor Cole (Samantha Owens)

GUEST CAST:
    Jill Flint (Elle Toring)
    Bo Derek (Joanna Toring)
    James Eckhouse (Dan Toring)
    Tiffany Dupont (Rachel Petrella)
    Candace Moon (Cassidy Weller)
    Travis Van Winkle (Mickey Quint)
    Michael Lombardi (Liam Flynn)
    Shayla Hale (Phi Galph Alum)

WRITTEN BY: Melissa Scrivner and Michael McGrale
    DIRECTED BY: Bill Gierhart RATING: To Be Announced

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

3. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Tonight's episode will be delayed by approximately 21 minutes due to primetime golf.

6. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

Earlier I was joking about tonight's episode getting delayed by golf and guess what happens? Talk about a premonition...

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And people were complaining about football. :lol:

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The title for this episode accurately conveys my feelings for this show. Last damn straw. I don't know if it's the editing, acting, writing, directing, but I am just past the point of bored and rapidly approaching "I don't give a fuck" levels.

9. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Honestly, I thought Bo Derek was guilty. The most famous guest star usually is. ;)

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Once the dad showed up I thought he was the killer.

11. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Indeed..you think it stops once football is over with..no such luck.
    As to the frustration level some posters here show..well,that's the idea when they put shows there. To make viewers give up and watch something else.
    As for tonight's show..just had a feeling about the dad the minute he showed up.
    Liked the episode though. People crave acceptance..even when it goes against their better judgement and for people that really aren't worth it in the end.

12. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I enjoyed this episode very much! Always enjoy shows with horses. Ryan had some good screen time and the best lines. I really enjoyed how he is learning to overcome his fear of animals. He took a good step tonight by confronting the horse at the end.

13. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, I gave it a B. I thought it was seriously underwritten, and I didn't believe the basic premise (that a young woman would be that wet and pathetic) for a minute. That aside, it had its moments - loved the 'warhorse', Finder (why call a black horse Chestnut?) - almost the best actor in it. Enjoyed the woman getting cooked to the strains of Nessun Dorma. Loved H letting woman down off the noose, at the end. So, mixed feelings about it really. In places, very poor, occasionally very good. But not one of the best, hence the B.

14. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I've missed new "Miami" episodes too much so I'm kinda excited and give this eppi A+;)

Anyway, I really like this episode. I'm not even going to complain about usual lack of H-screentime cuz I love all H-scenes. For past two seasons H shows us his "dark side" more often than his sympathetic one. It's nice to see it again.
    I also like the plot. You should treat people right otherwise prepare to the consequences you probably won't like.
    This eppi seems to be the less forensic than any others. Actually they had nothing against dad but he was stupid enough to confess.

And horse:drool: sooo beautiful

15. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

This gets an A+. It's nice to begin this episode away from the city and fast-paced cat-and-mouse action-packed stories for a change, and to have the MDPD investigate those parts again aside from the Everglades. One of a very few well-written Miami ones, I gotta say.

I like the parts with Ryan trying to calm a horse down as well as the continuity of Calleigh's knowledge about horses from that other episode where she went riding on one while a guy rides another. I'd like to see Emily's/Calleigh's next thread title as The Horse Whisperer; I think it fits her well. I also like the continuity of Ryan not being "friends" with nature and wild animals, like snakes hehe. And I love the horse! I haven't seen War Horse yet, though.

I must have been hearing things, but after Tom pointed out the first victim looked too old to be a sorority member, a suspect was being interrogated when the words "statutory rape" got thrown in there. I must've missed something there.

It's great to see Horatio as the savior than seeing him shooting another person. And I love his advice to Elle. He's right. There's a whole world and life for her away from working at her mom's stables. I honestly don't feel for the victims, and I don't really blame the father for protecting his little girl. It's like the college version of Stoned Cold. Makes me glad that I've never been part of a sorority; Not that I think they're all bad. I'd just rather think for myself than to be trained on how to live. I like Walter's comment on the straws, LOL.

This is one of the few good ones I've seen so far.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012