Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

It's time for a new thread and here we go :beer:
    Grab a chair and a glass of Mimosa!!! :D
    [​IMG]

And here's the link to the thread n.10
    Emily/Calleigh #10

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Congrats on the new thread y'all! :D

Love the picture, flHunter. she has such a cute hairdo there. :eek:

From the other thread:

Agreed, that's what I can remember too, although for some reason I was remembering a brother in there somewhere as well. Hm, not sure if I read that somewhere on CBS or if it was mentioned on the show at one point--didn't she mention how when she was little, she would sprinkle beer all over leeches and send them into a feeding frenzy? ('Camp Fear', I believe) She may have mentioned siblings in that scene but I can't recall. ETA: The line was "When I was little, we used to pour beer on leeches and watch them whip into a feeding frenzy." So no siblings mentioned there at least, even though I'm curious as to who 'we' is. :p

Anyhow, she also mentioned how her mother was more of a friend than a parent (don't remember episode off the top of my head but I think it was season 6).

One of my favourite pictures to contribute!

[​IMG]

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I loved her look for that event:thumbsup:

From the other thread:

The episode when she mentioned her mother being more of a friend than a partent was CSI:My Nanni (6x11).
    As for the brother I always thought she had brothers, maybe because of FF:lol:, but I've never heard anything about it.
    "beer all over leeches and send them into a feeding frenzie"? OMG I can't remember it, yeah the only episode w/ leeches was "Camp Fear". I do remember Calleigh talking about them w/ Alexx, but I can't rememeber this quotation
    As for being abused well it wasn't never mentioned & I don't know if they want to do it, honestly I hope no: it would be sad & it wouldn't help Calleigh's development that much.
    As for the name I think I read in lots of biographies she had the surname of her mother, but I can't understand why Kenwall's surname is still Duquense:lol:

Oh Geni I miss this Calleigh:(

4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I have to ask you all a question. When I saw the picture you posted, Exorcist, I couldn't help but think that she looked far better in the 1-3 seasons. I think that they are doing something stupid with her make up or something like that. I noticed they did the same thing with Valera in 7.03. They looked like they are going to start crying... What do you think?

5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well all I know is that they're tring to use less make-up on Emily. I know they made Emily tan in order to avoid that make-up they used till last year, so that they can use just the lights.
    I have to say that she looks more natural now, but still there's somethinh odd, at least IMO.
    I watched 7x03 & I didn't notice that moment even if I noticed that Emily looked (& still looks, I watched 7x04 too) as if she was going to cry, I don't know why.
    Surely the idea to make Emily tan wasn't the best one:lol:. I prefer s5/s6 make-up.
    Anway my fav. Calleigh was the one from s2, she was so natural in it.

6. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I think she looked more natural in seasons 1-3 but i didnt like her hair or her clothes in them seasons, i think she looks better with make-up, i prefer her in seasons 5-6 she was more femenin, her clothes were better, her hair was nicer she didnt always have it up, she had it down all the time and in my opinion looked better for it :thumbsup:

7. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

ahh goodie... the new thread...
    ya know, I was having a Calleigh moment and ordered a Mimosa last Saturday at breakfast. My husband and I had pumpkin pancakes and bacon at Mimi's Cafe! It was the first time I'd had a Mimosa...

anyways, on to Emily... I am so glad that her hair is not totally straight in many episodes anymore. I like the layers. I like the clothes that she wears but I think they dress her in all black on the show too much. Give Em some color.

Right now I am in the process of buying all the movies that I can that have her in them.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know I started to think she was wearing to much black since s5. She's the "Black Lady" of the show. Ok..she's supposed to be the balck widow of the lab:lol:, but I'd prefer to see her w/ a little bit more of colour which would perfectly fit on her.
    I'd love to see a bright colour on her:lol:

9. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

10. sara0989

sara0989 Hit and Run

oh my gosh i love that promo pic! :eek: :thumbsup: personally i'd like to see calleigh in more colour too. im going to go watch 7.03 to see if i can find what Marija_Magdalena is talking about lol.

yay for new thread! :D :beer:

11. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

Hooray for the new thread! I brought some virtual chocolate chip cookies to pass around. :)

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Her smile is a bit weird on this picture, but I guess she looks okay. The make-up is far better then usual. I think that it was a bad choice for her to tan so much... I mean, she's blond, it looks more natural if she has fair skin.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks calleighspeedle I haven't seen a smile like this Calleigh's faces since ages:eek:. It's always nice to see her smiling.

I agree, this smile is a little bit weird, but I love it. I don't know why but I think it's lovely smile. You gotta love her smiles :D.
    As for the tan, I prefer her w/ a fair skin. She's blonde & whenever I see a blonde woman tanned as they made Emily tan I'm always shocked. I don't think too much tan suits blonde women.

Yeah I agree, she's always dressed in black.
    I know that blacks suits are perfect for blonde women (it's perfect match), but it would be nice to see her w/ a little bit more of colour.
    Actually I was shocked to see this pic w/ a black suit & a white shirt. I was :eek:. I thought she wasn't able to wear colours in these episodes (she dressed black in 3 episode out to 4 & in the fourth she had just a purple top:lol:)
    I know she looks great in black, but colour would brighten her up. We all know she's supposed to be the black widow of the lab, but come on she can't always wear black clothes:lol:

14. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I've been raiding my photobucket and came across this lovely picture of Emily.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  15. athens

athens Coroner

Congratulations on the new thread!

Calleigh/Emily looks really nice in all the seasons[although I didn't particularly like her in the first season.]Every year though they change the wardrobe of the character and maybe they use different ways/tricks for the makeup.

She does look great in black but more color would be nice :):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.