CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't know. I mean he could have been answering fans question if the show has been axed since it's been on hiatus. He did say when the show was coming back on.

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

A lot of time stars don't even know. The only way we'll know for sure is when CBS says so.

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

But, Mr. Sinese is also a producer of his program. He might have a little more insight on the behind-the-scenes goings on. I'm pretty sure he would know something before the rest of the cast would.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

My guess is that everyone is being optimistic until they know for sure. If the show hasn't been officially cancelled, there's no reason for people involved with the show to jump the gun and be pessimistic. Everyone has been realistic (the season finale of CSI:NY was designed to serve as a series finale, just like last year), but there's no need for the stars to assume the worst until there's official word from the network.

CBS still has at least one new show yet to premiere (NYC 22), so they're probably waiting to see how all of their series perform before they make any final decisions about what's coming back next season.

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Folks, Maybe I am getting old, but I'm not going to worry about it. CBS is in the business to make money. If they see a program that is failing, they take it off. They really don't care about "fans of a show", they are more worried about money, so I am not going to say anymore about it.

It's useless, and CBS themselves are not going have somebody go on TV just to tell you they are taking a show off. They just remove it. In the past 40+ years I have been watching TV, no network does that, unless a program has caused some kind of racial problem, like what happen in 1969-1970 to CBS, NBC, and ABC. CSI NY will be back on at the end of this month with new episodes, after this season is over, who knows?

I think we all have more "important, personal" things to worry about than a TV Show that maybe on the chipping block for the this coming fall TV Season.

Peace

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  6. trble36

trble36 Victim

All of us can keep speculating on whether our favorite shows will stay alive or not, because unfortunately we have no control of what happens. So if they do survive that would be awesome! if not, then all we can do is accept it & move on.

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

It'll be a shame if NY ends. At the moment its my favourite of the 3 shows and I think has been stronger over the last few years.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

That has been my feeling as well. Ted Danson is a breath of fresh air on CSI but Miami...that ship has sailed.

9. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

I would be very surprised if CSI NY returned next series, with all due respect to Gary Sinise, he is just giving the official line, that its not been axed, but the cast of Pan Am, would say the same thing if they were asked. Im pretty sure this series will be its last.

As for CSI Miami, well its possible it will go out with a shorter final series like CSI NY, and of the two its certainly the most likely to return.

I think CBS would be taking a risk axing both, which is why I suspect Miami will return for a short series.

As for CSI, looking at epguides, I see this series ends on episode 275, I hope S13 takes it to 300, can you really ask more of a show than 300? Heck (and this is crazy talk) I could go for 300 being a movie.

edit: maybe get CSI Miami to 250 next series.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Another clue I think is how many ads have you seen for NY that it is coming back?

I've only seen two, last night. NCIS and I think it was Unforgettable.

GS was on 'The Talk' today.

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I didn't get to see Gary in "The Talk" today. I was with my wife having a late breakfast/early lunch or brunch, I guess you call it.

Did he say any thing specific about the what is going to happen to CSI NY? Believe me, I don't want the show to end, but being that Mr. Sinise is the producer, he may have to do some "cost cutting" to show CBS that it will not take a big budget to produce CSI NY, and still put out a quality TV show.

This may mean some of the weaker cast may get cut, some of the crews that work behind the cameras could get cut, and general expesives may have to be cut. One thing is for sure, Mr. Sinse is a very smart man, so what ever happens (and I am no expert) I wish him the best, and hope they he can show the board at CBS in NY that they need to be on one more season.

CBS needs to give Mr. Sinise a break, he went to serve this country in the early 90's in the gulf war! He promotes people in military holidays to eat at Ryan's Restaurnat to show your support for the men and women who have gave thier lives to defend the U.S. I admire a man like Mr. Sinise, to me, he is a man of his word, so don't believe what you see on Twitter! Watch for him on TV, he will tell the truth out of his own mouth to the United States Public!

Mr. Sinise should be President of the U.S., and I am not knocking current President Obama either.

With that said, I am not going to worry about it, I (and even all of us, including Mr. Sinise) have plenty on our plates to worry about in our daily lives.

Peace To All!

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

To Theresa,

In this go around of renewals, it's not so much about ratings, it is the revenue that CBS is taking in. For now, we have CSI Miami every weekday on AMC, and I hope they will continue to show the reruns throught the summer. As a matter of fact, I may email AMC and thank them for picking up CSI Miami. This way, summer won't be so dull, and let's just sit back, relax, and see what CBS does.

I can be wrong, but something tells me there will be a Season 11 for CSI Miami. I look for NY to go off, because they said they needed to stop one of the spin off's shows from CSI Vegas. Miami has a better chance than CSI New York because it seems like every crime drama show is all about NYC. Also, not watching NYC 22 is not going to have any effect on Season 11 for CSI Miami. NYC 22 is just a filler show for the summer and one of two things will happen, CBS will can NYC 22 at the beginning of the fall season, or move it to Saturday Night, which seems to be the weakest night on CBS, not Sunday nights.

All CBS does on Saturday Night's is just showing reruns of various shows like Hawaii Five-O, NCIS, and even CSI NY. On one Saturday Night, they showed a rerun of a CSI Miami episode. Now this is just in my opinion, I like CSI NY, and I don't want it to go, but I think CSI Miami is a more powerful program than NY. It goes back to what I said, there are too many crime drama shows on TV that focus on New York City, so having on CSI Miami breaks up focusing on New York City so often, if you catch what I'm saying.

"Sorry, I double posted", my fault!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Really?

Google, Has Gary Sinise served in the military and get back to me.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I believe jh may be confusing military service with what Mr. Sinise does helping people in the military without actually having served.

And, jh--you didn't double post if both weren't posted on the same day.

Considering the CSI: Miami finale is on this Sunday, and from what I read regarding this episode in this week's issue of TV Guide magazine, I really hope this isn't the end. :(

15. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I went back and looked up two of CBS's most popular shows of the past, back when William Paley was President of CBS, which back in those days, CBS stood for the Columbia Broadcasting System. Anyhow, Gunsmoke is the only show that has had more seasons on CBS. It had a total of 20 Seasons, that is not including before TV and CBS was just a radio network before 1951, Gunsmoke was on the radio, to my understanding.

The Original Hawaii Five-O, with Jack Lord, ran from 1968 to 1980 and made it to 12 seasons.

Now, I see what is going on, and I am surpirsed that CSI-Vegas is getting another season, my only guess why is because of contract issues with the newest two characters that are now on that show.

Typically, as I stated before, most popular TV Shows only get 8-10 Seasons, at the most. I would have to look this up, but back in 1970, shows that Producer Paul Henning had on CBS like Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, and the Beverly Hillbillys (rural comedy shows) had good ratings, but in 1970, they pull all those rural comdey shows off and replaced them shows like "All in the Family". Thier reason was because of the racial tension in the late 60's, and CBS got pressure to start airing more Urban Oreinted shows.

This thing with ending the CSI Shows is nothing new, and they have done things like this in the past as I mentioned, but in today's world, we have this thing called "The Internet" that allows people to be more vocal to express thier views to corporations like CBS.

As I did some of this reasearch this evening, it appears that as big as CBS is, the biggest network, besides the BBC, they care more about revenue than ratings. Yes ratings are important to them, but when shows get 8 to 10 seasons like CSI NY and CSI Miami, they start looking for something "fresh" to hold viewers, give advertisers a new show to sell their products or services, and in addition, in today's world because the viewer has more choices, than we did 30-40 years ago, they are facing heavy competition.

In the end, my friends, we can complain, send emails to CBS, petitions, but it's not going to get us nowhere. Nancy Teller, President of CBS and the CBS Board is going to to what they think they should do to stay in business and keep that revenue coming in. They have been doing this for years, and I am beginning to believe the cast and behind the camera crews of all three CSI Shows knows the end is near, and it seems there is nothing they can do about it, but go find another job, or retire.

Peace

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.