Episode 10x19 - 'Habeas Corpse' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 6, 2012.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. B

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. F

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I was disappointed in the Finale. While there were some good scenes like Frank and Natalia at the boat and the last scene, I found there was no where near enough quality Horatio, especially for a possible series Finale. Calleigh should have been there with the team and not adopting the North children. They wrote Ryan in this episode as a little lost puppy, as opposed to an intelligent CSI. They did not give anything to the E/C romance people, even though they were trying to hint that they were going to do so, for weeks, because the words were very clear that Calleigh had a family in her co-workers (all of them, no special commitment from Eric).

Then there is the fact that Vogel left the accident injured, NOT dead so that story line is NOT over if there is another season. Also there is more to the Samantha thing than assumed by the ending, because who actual was involved with the drugs (Josh, Samantha, Vogel ) and when was the flour substituted and by whom. Also, in the car, why was Vogel telling Samantha that the cook BEAT it out of him (him without a make on him) when they were in danger. I was still left with the feeling that she is dirtier than shown, but they glossed over it for this finale, so they may leave it that way or if there is a season 11, she may be back with more bad actions to her credit.

2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

There was waaaayyyy too much Ryan in this episode. I have nothing against him, but I felt the team aspect of it was pushed aside to focus on Poor Ryan and his love problems. I'm glad Samantha is gone (she wasn't much of a CSI if she hadn't caught onto Josh's schemes after dating him for two years) but I thought Ryan got way too emotional about the whole thing.

The rest of the team got an okay amount of airtime but I felt Horatio was dropped in there like an afterthought, especially in the ending scene. The Calleigh/Delko adoption thing was cute but highly unrealistic that she could care for two children without changing her position at CSI. If we get a season 11, it will be interesting to see how Calleigh copes with that.

I gave it a B+

It wasn't a bad episode, but I really hope it will not be the series finale. That is not the way I want the show to end, nor do I want it to end yet.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Not that I want to come to her defense or anything, but I'm pretty sure he hit her before she hit him with the bottle. I think she shoved him, he smacked her, and she grabbed the bottle and went at him after that.

It could probably even be looked at as self defense but I highly doubt the writers were going for that, and since no one else saw it Sam may not be very believable if she tried that. :p Plus I kind of think she was glad to have an excuse to do it after he hit her because she was mad at him over knocking out Ryan too.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I think it was as great episode as the first one. It was twisting, fast-paced and touching. Give it A+
    I HATE cliffhangers so the last scene with whole team (exept Calleigh, of couse) was the best ending for season or even for show (but I still hope it's not the end;))

YES-YES-YES, Sam is dirty, WOW, thanks writers. I have to give you credit - nice work:thumbsup: I thought all Nat's suspicions would go nowhere. However, it's H who should have felt something fishy. Anyway I'm quite sutisfied with H's screentime, not as much as I hoped but very efficient.

Nat had very little screentime but she was great - "I'm sorry for your boyfriend but... I'm still thinking you sucks, bitch":lol:

Ryan was also great. I like the scene in a hospital. I think, the writers ended Ryan\Sam "romance" quite neatly. Finally, both of them came clear. Ryan told Sam he had feelings for her and she hurted him. And she admitted she liked him too.

yen35
    It didn't seem to me like a cold-blooded murder more like manslaughter. Josh hit her maybe she thought he could do it again.

DCHC4ever
    They got us again:scream: I thought he would propose to her or, at least, asked her to live togheter as a family.
    I like Adam and Calleigh characters. I wouldn't even mind their romance IF it wasn't written so poorely. Only the beginning was not that bad but the rest was a complete disaster.

5. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Overall I liked it. There were some things that were way unrealistic, but that's expected on this show. Jon did an excellent job, as did most of team. However, Horatio no longer fits in with any of them anymore. He's just too serious/grumpy now, even when he smiled it just seemed off. Like he isn't really happy but pretending....I really used to like his character a lot.These days I'm not mad if he has little screen time because it's clear the writers are never gonna make him change at this point.

6. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

It was a Ryan-centric episode, so I really loved it!!! but I have to say that the storyline was rather predicable.
    I'm really glad Sam is gone!!! :):):)

7. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Well I finally got around to watching it, I enjoyed it but needless to say, I cried. :( If this really is the series finale then I'm speechless...

8. hahaguy

hahaguy Rookie

I finally watched the finale today and I thought most of it was pretty good. But just as some of you said parts were predictable. I may be the only one but this episode made me believe that there will be a new season. If there is it's going to be one of the best seasons of the series IMO.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Not too much at all.Several team members have had their turn at being featured prominently in the finale,it's only fair as far as I'm concerned,why shouldn't he?
    We have also had those supposedly "Ryan centric" episodes that were anything but.The focus wasn't on Ryan's love life either but going ons of the "mistakes and errors" made in the lab and the team working to together to solve the problems as well as the team/family aspect.
    The team aspect was great,better than it's been in several finales as well as seasons.
    Agreed.

Definitely agree.Jon is able to say quite a bit with his eyes.
    I also loved Tom and him talking about Lulu.
    Walter was also great as usual,especially wanting to Ryan's back.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Wasn't the team supposed to be disbanded in this episode? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the evidence tampering was supposed to cause the team to be reassigned :shifty:

Other than the misleading spoilers, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode - I thought it might end with special end credits like "The Shield" or flashbacks like "Miami Vice" (I'm a sucker for montages, the end of CSI NY Season 7 was a perfect example of how to end a show,) but other than that, I think it was a great way to end the season, and possibly even the series.

I'm also happy Ryan got a centric-finale, finally. I'm not happy the team doubted him *again* though, say what you want but I'd put money on it that they treat him so badly because he replaced Speed.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That was the earlier spoiler. The storyline was changed ( a while ago) because of the uncertainty of a season 11.
    Actually,no one voiced anything other than Tom and he quickly regretted it.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was underwhelmed with this episode. There were too many questions left unanswered and it all felt so rushed. Definitely like the writers had to jumble it all around because they don't know if they'll come back.

I really thought that Vogel and his crimes would be more focused on. I was left very unsatisfied as to how it all "ended" with him. What about the Navarros??? A whole season dedicated to them and...what? What happens to Vogel? I thought that the Sam and Ryan thing had too much focus and there were too many loose ends with the rest of the storyline. Talking about Sam, was she dirty all along, was she not? That too in my opinion was left up in the air. There was so much back and forth between that throughout the episode. Everything seemed justified one way or another, except of course the murder (which wasn't planned). I'm with those who were kind of :wtf: at how little provocation it took for her to murder someone. Bad writing, bad acting, all of the above. Either way I hope she is gone for good now.

Calleigh adopting the kids was nice to see. Even bullet girl can have maternal instincts ;). I'm sure cops, CSI's, and law enforcers have families and kids and make it work somehow. It's not a shocker that she can manage somehow. What Eric said the the adoption people was really sweet, too.

Too many loose ends for a series finale, so I hope we get a season 11.

13. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

I really liked the episode, the good and bad..etc....overall it was really good.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't catch whether or not they found out who REALLY took the cocaine from the evidence locker..was it Sam or was it Josh?

@mjszud and yen35 ..yeah I can see how Ryan's emotions could be seen as a little much, but then again Miami hasn't really been fair to him in terms of character development. He seems to me like someone who doesn't really put himself out there very much and doesn't express his emotions that often so maybe what Sam did really did hurt - I mean this was suppose to be a colleague/fellow cop what have you; someone who's suppose to have your back and she just left him there to wake up next to a corpse. That must have been traumatic on some sort of level.

I really like the team interaction on this one and my only wish was that there was more and they didn't show the thing an hour late, granted I'm Canadian and I had the 10pm showing, but that's just not right.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree,Sam's betrayal would hurt,not only for all the reasons you listed but Sam was well aware of how Ryan felt about her. I actually didn't find his emotions too much at all. It would have seemed strange to see him take it lightly or just shrug it off,which is what we have seen in the past as if he couldn't possibly have feelings.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I understand where you're coming from, & in no way was I dissing the character or anything. I just didn't feel there was any substance in thier relationship for there to be such an emotional/sad scene. Is he hurt? Of course he is, & I wouldn't have expected him not to be. But I'd have liked to see that pain turn to anger - not near-sympathy for a girl he barely knew who had not only left him beaten to a pulp, but stood there & watched as he was processed for a murder that she commited.

It has nothing to do with Ryan as a character - I adore him. I just think the scene wasn't very fitting for thier "relationship", or for what she'd just put him through.

While I agree on the first part, I'm thrown with the last comment. :confused: I thought the team was very supportive - in fact I was pleasantly surprised that TPTB didn't choose at least one of them to actually suggest he was guilty (for the sake of throwing the audience).