Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

okay langston wasn`t a leader as in formality,so i shouldn't even compare those two.that would be a argument,i know.the thing is i don't try to be cynical here,it is my point of view.maybe if we had more 2 case episodes were i would enjoy less of his presence,i could adapt to his way of leading.but if this scenario keeps it up,csi will not survive longer then the next season cause i dont think that im the minority with that opinion.

2. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

On another board, I'm tracking character screen time and I'm here to tell ya, it's not looking good for the home...I mean old team. I have a feeling that the finale will be all about DB and Finn and a smidge of our old team taking the episode away with their acting and chemistry. It'll be good only because George, Jorja, Eric, and Paul will rock their teensy, weensy screen times.

3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

A bit more from Margamania:

Now we know who's wife is killed. Vaguely how McKeen gets brought into it. And that it seems like a larger part than was implied before is going to be "To Be Continued" - and I hate those 3 words expecially at the end of the season! (Hopefully this means that we won't have to question George, Jorja, Eric, & Paul resigning but, we most likely won't know that for awhile yet. :()

Susan

4. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

IIRC George is signed up for next year (as is Eric).

5. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I agree with everything you just said. I love DB, I really do. But I don't CARE how cute his daughter and granddaughter are. I like that he's a family man and we get to meet his family, but I'm getting just a tad tired of it. Like you said, we've had to wait years to get even the tinest morsel of info on Grissom, Greg, Sara or Nick's families (we got plenty on Catherine). And again, like you said, this is a forensics show, not friggin Grey's anatomy! :scream:

I really hate complaining about one of my favourite shows like this, especially since the first half of season 12 was so great but come on tptb! Where the heck are you going? Stop changing what worked so well on the show for the first few seasons, every heard the expression if it's not broke, don't fix it?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Here is the promo for next week.

I'm not thrilled as it looks like the CSI's are playing cops, chasing suspects around, more than what they really are...crime scene investigators. :rolleyes:

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah, I'm never a big fan of CSIs carrying guns either so hopefully there's a lot more to the ep that

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Well I, for one, look forward to it. They can have some family stuff, even if it is about the forensics...they've managed both in the past. Miami perhaps not as well as the others, but we've gotten the family stuff in and it hasn't affected the show that negatively. Maybe I'm just a bit of a sucker for the family stuff, but I see nothing wrong with it. Unless, like I said, the more established cast doesn't get the screentime they should. That's my problem. That, and when they do so much of the personal storylines that the forensics gets lost...*coughMiamicough* But other than that, I don't see how this half is that bad...I still think it's going quite well, or at least better than the last couple seasons.

I do have a hunch that the stuff with first Fishburne and then Danson's characters is being pushed because they're big stars...CBS probably is hoping they'll bring in big ratings. I will say I can see how some people can feel they're pushing the new characters too fast, but I don't think it's all *that* bad.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    I tend to agree with you.
    I think CSI does a pretty good job of integrating the personal stuff with the crime stories. Of course, I would prefer to see more of the family stuff relating to the originals, especially Sara; but I'm also curious about Finn's backstory. TBH, I'm less interested in meeting any of DB's family, but he is the lead so some of that is expected.

I'm actually excited about seeing Vega's and McKeen's sons. Okay, I admit, I like Enrique Murciano. :) And I would like nothing better than to see him on the show as a regular/recurring character.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  10. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Warning, colossal post ahead. :lol:

I've just had a thought storm about recent spoilers. I can't say I'm ecstatic about the news for the finale but then again at the same time, it's made me more hopeful for the future, particularly next season. I may be a little optimistic with these points, but I've drawn some of these conclusions:

Season 12 has been a tough one for the writers and for the viewers because of the huge changes that have been made this season. We've had three new main characters that have needed development, two of them new show leaders as well as two departures, one of which has been on the show for 11 1/2 years. Like Season 9, this has been a real transition season. Unlike Season 9, I think it's been done very well.

For a start, the new lead, DB, is unanimously a far more likeable character than Ray ever was and unlike Ray he's been brought in as someone with authority and high experience. That says to me that TPTB have learned from their mistake. We've also seen the introduction of Morgan, who, unlike Riley has fitted in well with the team and has not been pushed into the background. I can't Elisabeth Harnois being pushed off the show in the same way as LLS was. Again, it seems to me that TPTB have learned from their mistake.

Okay, Finn's introduction seems that irked a lot of people here (I myself admittedly haven't warmed up to the character yet) and the recent spoilers imply that the show is rapidly turning into the DB/Finn show. BUT, I want to highlight a particular extract of the press release for the finale. "...the investigation’s political fallout reveals the truth behind Russell’s troubled history with Finlay..." Do I care about this storyline? No, but it says to me that TPTB aren't planning on bringing it out any further than the season finale. (Except maybe into the first episode of Season 13.) Likewise, I think I'd rather see DB's family all at once than keeping on dragging it out a bit. This suggests to me that the show will get back to the other characters next season.

Okay, you could argue that the Ray Langston focus persisted for another two years, but the first pre-Finn episodes of this season have undoubtedly been reminiscent of some of the older seasons and I think once the writers have wrapped up this storyline we're going to end up getting back to these episodes. I think that every character has also had their moment to shine so far in the season:

Sara - "Bittersweet" being the obvious episode but also she had a good part in "Tressed to Kill" and we got some GSR references in the most recent episode.

Nick - Whilst he's had less screentime than in the Langston years, I'd put some of that down to George Eads requesting less screentime due to his father's health. "73 Seconds" was pretty much set in Nick's point of view, he got a bit personal in "Seeing Red" and also it appears that the upcoming episode "Altered Stakes" is going to be a good one for him. Not to mention that the small but noticeable scene showing the friendship between him and Vega in "Crime After Crime" as well as the fact that he originally had a major role in "Genetic Disorder" makes me think the writers, although are using him less aren't necessarily pushing him in the background.

Greg - Lots of screentime for him at the start of the season, certainly more than in previous years. "Genetic Disorder" was a massive episode for him (I personally think it was THE episode Greg fans have been waiting for for a while) and not to mention they appear to be delving into his relationship with Morgan. (The character bio was a BIG give-away in my opinion.)

Doc - Obviously "Genetic Disorder" was his major episode of the season (possibly series), we also got to meet Mrs Robbins and had a look at his family life.

Hodges - "Malice in Wonderland" was obviously his episode for the season as well not to mention we finally got to meet his mother!

Brass - Probably the least developed character this season so far, although he's had some interesting thoughts within "Crime After Crime" and "Genetic Disorder", however due to how last season finished off, I think there's been more (without any better way of putting it) scrutiny surrounding his actions.

SuperDave - Has been his usual self. I've got to be honest, off all the characters I really want to see a SuperDave-centric episode. Let's bring on Mrs Phillips shall we. :thumbsup:

I'd argue that's it's also been a fantastic season for any Ecklie fans out there. :lol:

Okay, this is starting to turn into a Season 12 review so I'll try and get back on track. The main point I'm trying to make is, I don't think this is turning into the DB/Finn show. Yes, I'd also rather they didn't play this storyline out but the way I see it, I don't think it's going to extend much further beyond the season finale. As much as I think it's important to continue developing the core cast, Elisabeth Shue I reckon has brought some new fans along, and I think it's important that they're integrated into the show as well.

I realise I'm being incredibly optimistic about the future, but hey, I'm not going to lie I've never enjoyed the show as much as I am at the moment. If you asked me how long the show had left last year, I'd say that it would have lasted one more year. Speaking one year later with the recent changes, I reckon it could go to Season 15 and episode 300. :)

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Press release for episode 20:

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

The baseball episode! :D And Vega is back, obviously in flashbacks. I'm looking forward to this one! But "Altered Stakes"? Would it have been so hard to call it "Altered Stokes"? ;)

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

This will be David Semel's first ep to direct

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was confused for a second upon seeing Vega in the credits, then I thought "oh yeah Carlos is his stepson, so they'll probably show flashbacks with the two of them or something". I like your title idea, Smokey. :D

I wonder who the "violent Man" is that Nick helped put away.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

David Atkinson, I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.