Who misses Gil Grissom?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by gilgrisfan, Oct 8, 2010.

1. gilgrisfan

gilgrisfan Civilian

2. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I really can't stand CSI without him. CSI is NOT CSI without Grissom. Some shows can handle a character replacement, but this show couldn't. CSI grew on fans not just because of the crime scenes, but because of the characters and their developments with each other and themselves. When someone watches loyally for 8 years, it's difficult to fill the gap of losing THE main person. I personally don't think losing someone like Greg would have hurt the show as much(I use that as an example because he wasn't on screen as much as Griss, I wouldn't really want to lose Greg), but Gil Grissom was CSI for 8 years and replacing him was a mistake. (And yes, I will always think of Langston as Grissom's replacement.)

I think letting the show go past 8 seasons was wrong. It's like the show is hanging on with dear life just to stay afloat. They should have written everyone off in a decent manner at the finale of season 9.

Whoever is writing and directing this show now needs to be fired. That or bring back an original writer and at least include Grissom in the conversations between the current characters. and regarding the GSR thing, I think it was very rude of the writers to toss that out the window, when fans spent 6 years waiting for them to get together, and then had one year to actually enjoy it, another year to watch them fall apart, and then another year to watch them leave our screens. And then seasons 10-11 have absolutely no mention of this? Seriously? Way to disrespect history! And it took 9 years...NINE years to just get ONE kiss between those two. And 4 episodes or something in to season 11 we're already getting a racy scene with another couple who have only been a showmance for a year? Yeah ok.....Soap operaish, i think so. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the rant, but I haven't been able to enjoy this show without Grissom. Even when Sara was gone I could handle the show because at least the main man was there. As soon as Grissom comes back I'll be right back watching CSI. Until then I'm not watching some second best CSI team.
    :scream::scream::scream::scream:

Rant over.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Not all fans were waiting for Grissom and Sara to get together. :rolleyes:

Why was there no 'hot' scene between those two, because most of us wouldn't have been able to stomach it. (sorry to be so blunt, but it's the truth). There was no romantic chemistry between those two.

However, I do miss Grissom. He will always be a favorite character of mine. I would love to see him back, but not if it means him constantly working with Sara. :rolleyes:

However, we've had years and years of 'GSR' and we don't need no mention of it. I know as a GSR fan it sucks for you, but for the rest of us we can finally enjoy the show without it. CSI was not about GSR (even though Season 7 was all about it).

Catherine and Vartann's relationship does not take up every episode nor have we dealt with season after season and that relationship makes more sense.

That's my opinion.

But yes, I'd love Grissom to come back, but everyone needs to accept that Billy is not coming back. Maybe for a guess spot and I would hope for the last episode, but he's done with CSI. :(

Having a Facebook page to bring him back I really don't think will do no good. (sorry to burst a bubble), but it was the actor that wanted to leave, not tptb.

4. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

I loved Wiliam as Grisom but he wanted to leave .They could always get another actor to play Grisom how about Vincent D'Onofrio now he's off Law and Order

5. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Personally, that's when a show jumps the shark for me. The actor makes the character and there's just no replacing that.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I desperately miss Grissom.His character is the main reason I started watching the show after all.

7. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I agree - William Petersen is the only Gil Grissom. Plus, one of the reasons I took so long to get hooked on CSI was that before I got to know the characters, Grissom reminded me of D'Onofrio's L&O character, who I disliked - so having him actually play Grissom would just be too weird. (I hope that made sense - it does in my mind :lol:)

I respect WP's decision to leave, and wouldn't want him to return unless he really wanted to. I miss him, but I also still enjoy CSI - I always saw it as an ensemble, and I still like all of the other original characters.

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

interestingly enough, I really don't miss Grissom.

With Grissom on the show, the CSIs just seemed to be co-workers who spent time together doing their jobs.

Since Grissom left and Catherine took over as supervisor, the show has turned to a more "family" feel - including the CSIs, cops (both detectives and uniform cops), and the labrats.

It's a shame that we can never get the quirky, lovable, geeky scientist Grissom back from the first couple seasons. Unfortunately, the writers morphed him into someone who seemed cold, distant and robotic in the later seasons.

I enjoy the "warmth" of the show as they have it now. (as much warmth as you can have being surrounded by dead bodies)

9. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

I wasn't serious about D'Onofrio being Grisom but fact is that unless William has a major change of heart Grissom won't be back anytime soon.

10. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I kinda miss Grissom :S I stopped watching CSI due to my dislike of GSR so it was Grissom's departure in season 9 that prompted me to watch the show again. So at that point I didn't miss him at all, however, I've since gone back and watched older episodes and re-found my appreciation of the character :)

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I miss Grissom and I really miss GSR. I doubt that facebook can bring him back, since he made it clear it was his choice to leave, but Good Luck!

12. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

I didn't say all fans. Fans of GSR. :rolleyes:

I think there was no hot scene because it would have been out of character for both of them. As for Cath and the other guy, Catherine was once a stripper, so it's not as OOC.

People either love GSR or hate it, there's no medium. No one said CSI was about GSR, but it was a part of it, so it counts as history.

13. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Let's cut the guy a little slack. He trooped it out for nine seasons. That's a pretty lengthy tenure as the star of a top-rated scripted TV drama. By comparison:

Jerry Seinfeld played himself for 9 seasons;
    Candace Bergen played Murphy Brown for 9 seasons;
    The 6 Friends were on 10 seasons;
    Alan Alda played Hawkeye Pierce 11 seasons;
    Ted Danson played Sam Malone 10 seasons;
    Henry Winkler played Fonzie 10 seasons.

Those are some pretty iconic shows. You look at the shows that lasted 20 or more years, they are generally news shows, sports shows or variety shows with different casts. I think actors and actresses get to a point where they fear being typecast the rest of their lives, even if the show has earned them enough money, fame and praise to retire on a private island in the Bahamas. In that list, I can't think of anyone who had another hit as big as the first--Ted Danson did OK in Becker, but seriously, someone put an BOLO out on David Schwimmer. :D

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Personally the more I see Ray, the more I miss Grissom. Grissom was far more interesting and played better with everyone on the team.

I saw some older episodes today and Spike and I really realized how much I do miss his presence on the show. He was one of a kind.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's tricky for me. I loved Grissom. He was definitely an excellent, unique written character and the face of Vegas. I loved his quirkiness and his lack of social skills. However, towards the end I lost interest mainly because of GSR. To me he just lost his sense of humor and became a bland character caught up in a relationship I did not understand at all and in which I had gotten the impression he was not interested in being. So when he left it wasn't that awful to me. BUT I do miss him because Ray hasn't really done much for me. I find him boring most of the time and just there, so that makes me think of Grissom. But at the same time I love Catherine in charge and enjoy Brass, Vartann, Dave, Robbins, and Nick and even Sara now so the other characters keep me interested.

Bottom line, I do miss Grissom but the show is good without him anyway.