Mac #9: We Are Oatmeal People

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Jade_Nolan, Jul 17, 2011.

?

new thread title

Poll closed Jul 31, 2011.
  1. It's Detective, Detective Mac Taylor

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. New York City's Guardian

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 8433 is our number

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. We *are* oatmeal people

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  5. We like waterfalls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Oh good catch on the mis-type of Mac's DOB in his father's timeline! Thanks! :)

And I don't know that Claire's parents split, that's just my personal interpretation. I agree the 'family' that McCanna was referring to could have been aunts and uncles, but usually it's a (potential) grandparent that's mentioned in the context of helping for "when the kids start coming". But again, since we're given no information on this point, it's really entirely up to personal interpretation. I've actually come up with a whole background for Claire's father - he was a medic for the 1st Infantry Division in Vietnam in 1968 during the Tet offensive, and it was the 'fallout' from that when he got back that led to the eventual split with Claire's mother. It was in part because of how well Claire obviously understood Mac, and spending time with both parents and 'both sides of the equation' if you want to put in that way, could have been what gave her an innate and unique insight into who Mac was and what it was he clearly dealt with from his time in the Marines. Like I said though, that's just my interpretation of things :)

Well I'm convinced Mac didn't have any other family, and that by the time 'Blink' came around his mother had died as well, which given his parents were nearly 40 when he was born is entirely feasible, and would also explain why he doesn't seem to have other siblings. Because Mac is definitely the type of person where if he did have other close family, he would have at the very least referenced them at some point, even if they did still live back in Chicago.

Well Claire's isn't quite as fixed as Mac's since all we have to go on is Reed's age and the fact that she had him "quite young". But also given that Reed was born in 1984, teen pregnancy wasn't as common or "accepted" as it is now, so that 'young' age, while very definitely when she was still in high school, isn't the 14 or 15 that we probably think that phrase of meaning today :p And I don't mind at all if you use the timeline! :D Haha, thanks, I like to think I the man a bit anyway ;) :lol:

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Just a couple gifs to start the weekend right ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Son of a bitch!!! :drool::drool: :thumbsup::drool: :)

4. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks Jade. Have a nice weekend! :guffaw::guffaw:

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Jade, those are fantastic! Mac always makes my weekend better.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Can we all agree that Moira is one lucky lady to have him? :cool:

Edit: Whoops, wrong thread. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I don't mean to sound ignorant here, but can someone explain to me what this topic is about "We Are Oatmeal People"? I am a bit confused. Only thing I know is that I eat Oatmeal and Grits with my eggs and toast to have a health diet. I always have been told, if you don't know something, always ask, don't be embarrassed. BTW, when is CSI NY going to be back on Friday Nights. If I go out to eat with my family, I like to get back home before 8 PM, Central Time to see CSI NY and Blue Bloods.

Thanks and Peace to all CSI Fans!

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

In the final episode of season 1, I think, he went to a diner and had oatmeal with raisins and there was a woman trying to hit on him.

Show will be back March 30th because of the 18 episode season. ;)

9. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

Aww, even after watching him for nearly eight years, I never tire of that smile :3

And thanks, Jade, for sharing (and letting me use your timeline!)

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Me either! :adore::adore: And you are most welcome!

And that is entirely correct about the thread title name. It was in the s1 finale - 'What You See is What You See' - and the woman (Rose) struck up a conversation with him because she'd developed a crush on him. She said she came to the diner for the french toast but he always got the oatmeal so either she was missing something or he was just an oatmeal person. To which Mac replied, "I am an oatmeal person." He had the most adorable and bemused look on his face :)

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

And notice after that episode, we never see Rose again. :lol:

12. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Oh my heart melts at that gorgeous smile of his and those beautiful eyes to go with it. I think one of the best assets Mac/Gary has Is that his eyes can look sparkling green one minute and ocean blue the next. Very unique.

13. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

HelloMac&Adamfan,

Thanks for filling me in. I don't recall seeing that episode, but I'm sure I will. Thanks for expalining it to me!

Peace

14. CerealKiller

CerealKiller Victim

:luvlove::luvlove:
    I Agree. :luvlove:

And BTW, I'm staring at his smile like a cat watching a fish tank... :drool::drool: It's amazing how his face changes when he smiles, from the strict boss to a naughty boy in a blink.
    Thanks Jade!

15. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Yes I agree, he as got such a boyish smile and still has boyish looks some of the facial expressions he does. It's so adorable. I honestly can't believe he is turning 57 this month , he doesn't look over 45