George/Nick: Texan Charm #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Jacquie, Nov 29, 2011.

1. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Didn't figure anything out first time through. I'll have to see if I can figure it out when I cap it. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to cap it! :D

George/Nick was great. :thumbsup:

Now that it's off his forehead it's been kinda easy to get used to the hair. I like it - not saying I like it more than the buzz, but I like it. ;)

I do think he was the only one there who actually looked like he could have been a baseball player. :lol:

Beyond the softball stuff - and oh God did he look good in that uniform! :drool: :devil: - I think my favorite part was when he was at the computers talking with Moreno and told him that the dirty cop Sam Vega wasn't the Sam Vega he knew.

(Maybe more after I cap which won't be til this afternoon! :()

Susan

2. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

OMG was George ever great in this episode!!

His struggle between right and wrong and what happened way back when that he basically did nothing about seemed so in-character to me. His struggle with Vega being dirty was also in-character. I love that scene between him and DB. So glad he came clean about it and I really liked how DB handled it. George did such a terrific job in that scene.

And the baseball game! :) So great to see them laughing and having fun. I wish we could have seen Nick get the hit that obviously got him to second base but we know he had one. ;)

And did he look good in that uniform or what?!! :drool:

Loved this episode. I wish we had more like it. I miss the episodes where Nick has this much meat to his scenes and has so much screen time.

Well done George! Great episode for Nick fans!

3. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

George did a fantastic job in last night's episode! And he looked great too. Still not a fan of the hair though.

I too wish we had seen more of Nick playing than of Finn playing baseball.

I like how the writers have not turned Nick against Vega, even though he was a dirty cop, because the Vega Nick knew was a good guy.

I loved the scene between Nick and DB and the one between Nick and Moreno.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

You guys have said it all, but I'll add my two cents. :D

Loved how emotional Nick was over realizing that he helped cover for what Vega did, even if he did it unintentionally. And his discussion and rapport with Morena(?) was a great scene too.

George always plays Nick so believably. I love that. :) And that includes the softball. You could tell he was genuinely having fun. :lol: Great episode!

5. teddy bear

teddy bear Victim

First time poster, long time fan. Hello everyone.

I noticed right off, Nick had a wad of either gum or chewing tobacco in his lip. Noticed the bulge. It is in the opening scenes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  6. Smokey

Welcome to the boards! :)

Eeep! I'll have to watch again and look for it. I hope it was gum!! That is one nasty habit that Nick does not need!

7. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

Good job, Teddy Bear! I've been wracking my brain and couldn't come up with anything.

8. teddy bear

teddy bear Victim

I had to do a double take to be sure I saw what I thought I saw. I thought something looked funny then it hit me, he has a wad in his lip, I to hope it was gum. I agree also he did look very good in the uniform.

9. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

Welcome Teddy Bear!

I didn't notice anything in Nick's mouth last night. I'll have to go back and check too! I hope it wasn't chewing tobacco though. Maybe it was just really dark gum. :)

10. teddy bear

teddy bear Victim

Thank you for the welcome. You can't see the color, the bulge can be seen especially when and after he gets the call from Brass. If you listen carefully he evens sort of slurs his words a little because his lower right lip is sticking out a some, but it is noticable there is something in that lip. It is at the beginning of the show. You can see it best when he is shown from the side.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Well...

Teddy Bear guessed it. (Welcome to "Texan Charm", don't shy away from us in "The Ward". We're really pretty sane we just love to :drool: :drool: :drool: over pics of our favorite Texan. :lol:)

With George's father dying of cancer I sure hope it was some sort of prop and not real! :(

Susan

12. CSIFAN11

CSIFAN11 Dead on Arrival

Okay I see it now. His lip does have a bit of a bulge in it so I guess he was chewing something.

I agree with blackflag...I hope it was just a prop and not real chewing tobacco. :(

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, or gum.

I have to head over to the photo thread, we need pics from last night, definately!

Edit: Between USA and Spike, 'Stalker' reaired twice, and I forgot how good it was...poor Nick though.

14. Smokey

Prop or not, I don't like it. :( It doesn't seem like it was necessary at all. Even pro baseball players these days don't use it/promote it anymore.

And on that note, I'm blocking it out of my mind and pretending it never happened. ;)

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too enjoyed watching George last night. Many times in real life we wonder how people can remain friends with or stay close to family members that have done crimes like Vega did.
    And it's because they do what Nick did. They keep the memories of the person they alive,rather then who they became.