Season 8 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2011.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'll be surprised too, but then I was surprised (happily, I might add) that it got a S8 considering it went down to the wire then, too.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Really low numbers for Slainte.
    8.895 million viewers and a 1.4 in the demo.

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

EIght years is nothing to sneeze at. I'll enjoy all the laughs and twists and turns CSI NY brought me over the years.

4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Not cool. The only bright spot was that none of the lineup did well this past Friday. The highest demo was 1.6, and even Blue Bloods didn't pull in a higher demo than NY and barely got 10mil viewers. I'm not sure if there was anything else on tv that people were watching, but whatever the case, this week sucked across the board for network shows.

Still it doesn't exactly bode well for NY's future. Oh well, like Ninja said, 8 seasons is certainly no small feat and there is a ton of good history to look back on.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

That doesn't make me happy. I am gonna have to blame two things:
    1. All shows were down, maybe it is the time of year.
    2. It was not the best episode of the season.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I disagree with this. I thought it was one of the best episodes of the season.

7. Abbott

Abbott Civilian

I have to agree with the first person. I thought it was a little better than the flashback episode, but not as good as the video game one. But looking back, I think maybe the flashback episode was better too. It wasn't anywhere near the best episodes of the season. Much closer to one of the worst.

But it being such a bad episode probably didn't hurt ratings. People didn't know it was going to be good or bad until they watched. I think it was that it was such a dull idea that has been done over and over and over again. There wasn't anything original about it. Which is probably why they also made a big deal in the promos about advertising Mac getting shot and the season finale so people would be distracted from how boring it looked. Maybe people will be more pumped up to come back and watching the next two.

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Really? You thought the promo for 'Slainte' with the van exploding and them talking about the victim being dismembered and left across the city was boring? ooooook...... :wtf:

9. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

I agree with this, mostly because of Indelible. It definitely was not the best episode of the season.
    I agree with this, too. It was not the best, but it was definitely high up on the list.

How boring did it look? I thought that was a brilliant marketing strategy, to show the finale along with the premiere to amp up viewership for the last one.
    I thought it was quite clever, actually.

anybody know where we stood in sweeps, or have they not started yet?

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Numbers for 'Unwrapped': 8.95 million viewers, 1.3/4 in the demo.

Source - http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...k-tank-up-as-entire-abc-line-up-rises/132553/

However, every single one of the networks posted low numbers across the board, and considering 'The Avengers' took in over $80 million yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why overall TV numbers were down. Still, in light of that and how borderline the ratings for NY remain to be, the demo was the only thing that dropped from last week while the number viewers actually increased. So I dunno, take from it what you will I guess....

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think this is bad for NY. :(

That being said, I hope CBS will show the promos during all the shows next week.