Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

Re: worst couples !!!!

GSR is the worst couple and yobling.
    I can't see Grissom with Sara there just isnt the connection as there is with Catherine or Sofia.
    Yobling is just a flirting phase nothing more.

Just because he said he'd like to kiss her before the show is over dosent me he is for GSR, it could be for any reason to congrat her for getting a promotions or because she's leaving there's a lot of reason. Only a GSR who think it's because he's for GSR.

2. CSIvixen

CSIvixen Rookie

Exactly. I can see liking someone 15 years older than you(I have an insane crush on Eric Szmanda) but not actually wanting to go out with them. I can see being more receptive of GSR if I were older or if the age difference was smaller- but they still wouldn't be one of my faves. As it is...I've mentioned that already :lol:

3. heartagram69

heartagram69 Head of the Swing Shift

AMEN kiragrissom!!!

and jorja herself sed sara has moved on, AND TPTV SED SARA IS HOOKING UP WITH SOMEONE THATS NOT GRIS!!!

i think everyone interperets things differently depending on hu they ship, but b4 i shipped ne1, or even knew what a ship was, i still couldnt stand GSR, it freaked me out.

4. FrogBag

FrogBag Hit and Run

I didn't start shipping until about 2 or 3 months ago. I've watched the entire series. The concept of snickers didn't once cross my mind, and that's much before I became interested in GSR.

GSR is cannon. Look at Butterfiled, look at the original script for Gum Drops. There are a hundred things that point to GSR - in cannon. And as an unbiased viewer, I never once saw Sara and Nick's relationship as anything other than friendly and perhaps brother/sisterly.

Show me evidence, I will refute it.

EDIT:
    Edited for "heartagram69's" last post.

Hook up? That doesn't mean a relationship. That means exactly that - hooking up. Nick hooked up with a prostitute, didn't he? Sara also hooked up with Hank. That was clearly her trying to move on from Gil.

She asked him out. She asked to be "pinned down". He was the only one she shared her past with - and he held her hand. She said she "came to Vegas for him" and that he "was always more than a boss" for her.

The evidence for GSR's attraction is huge. Even the actors talk about it offstage (look at the George Eads quotes earlier).

Now, show me something for Snickers.

5. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

There have been other remarks that William Petersen AND Jorja Fox have said that support GSR. Just ask any of us GSRs and you'll have a inbox full of emails.

Worst couple: Gil/Sophia- I'm sorry, what is her point again?
    Ecklie/anyone under the sun- what a loser!

6. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I don't HATE GSR. But I just prefer Snickers.

I think Sara has chased grissom for long enough, and he has never bothered to do anything about it. If it was going ot happen, I honestly think it would have happened already. But you never know, Jorja herself said "Never say never". I just think that Sara and Nick seem to have a really easy, nice relationship, they get along so well, and they also have a casual flirty banter that she doesn't have with Grissom, they get along, I'll admit, but I can't see them joking around the way she does with Nick.

7. heartagram69

most people are GSR coz thats what they writers want, they start watching and just go with the flow and soon they are GSR, but now people that just start watching ive found arent, i know people that only started watching recently, and are like, are sara and nick dating or what? and they think gris was sara's dad!!!

i was like, dude wtf.

i cant memba the ep, ay have been butterfiled, but grissom sed he woudl never act on feeling for sara, if he had them, thats telling u right there gsr aint happening.

and if you want proof of snickers ask ne of us and you will have 10 times as many emails in ur inbox.

as well as pictures, there are so many of them standing way close together, ne that are of gris n sara close (cept when he pins her dopwn) and mostly all manips. snickers dont need ti because its real.

8. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I never said GSR would happen. So let's be clear about that. Still, I'm sorry but it's really fun to see what rationalizations people can come up with. That article's topic is the "romantic" relationships in the show, and do you seriously think WP meant kissing her for a promotion? On the cheek? :eek: :eek: "That's the real reason he hasn't kissed Sara yet. Because she hasn't had a promotion yet". :)

Really, what would you think if he said that about Catherine? Would you think he meant kissing her to celebrate Lindsay's birthday? I wouldn't, although I am a GSR. Anyway, I'm off.

9. Tazzer

Tazzer CSI Level Two

To those who can’t believe there is dislike between certain ships, I can only say, then you haven’t been around long enough to experience it.

For the record, I have seen with my own eyes gsr fans in many different websites attack, ridicule, make fun of, call names, flame, and conspire to have fanfics removed by anyone who don’t agree with ‘their’ view of the show.

I have seen post complaining about the number of Nick/Sara stories being posted at fanfiction.net and stating 'what the f*** is wrong with these people and why are they dirtying up the site with stupid stories. I have seen the same type of post a year prior, but it was aimed at Catch/Gil stories at that time.

Whatever happened to live and let live? The world today has changed to - live like I do or die – and that is very sad considering 5 years for now none of this will even matter or be remembered.

10. SparklingDiamond

SparklingDiamond Pathologist

First of all -it's "canon"

Funny lots of people see Butterflied as the end of GSR o_O -and non shipping fans, btw.

Maybe nick/sara never crossed your mind because there wasn't a freaking single scene with them during a whole season. *is mad*

And no, GSR is not canon. It is just as much as Nick/Sara. Greg/Sara, Cath/Warrick.

You don't need to be so defensive about it.

You ask for evidence, I'll show you evidence.

eta:: omg I hit post and there are 10 replies already!! o_O

Don't you think it's a bit funny how every.single.member of the cast ispro-GSR? I mean, that's nearly impossible everyone supporting the same ship.

11. Athena

Athena CSI Level One

This is probably the most depressing thread I’ve seen. The topic of
    was an interesting idea calleighdelko but this thread has drifted into a sad place. I don’t want to cause problems, so I’ll voice my opinion on the topic and peacefully leave.

There is so much animosity between ships, and I find it to be heartbreaking since the idea behind shipping is we like the characters so much that we want to see them happy in a relationship, at least that’s how it is with me. I’m a multi shipper and it pains me sometimes to go into a thread where I know they will be saying hurtful things about another ship I care about. We want to see love between two characters yet there is hate (or extreme dislike) between the shippers… the people pushing for love… doesn’t that seem strange to anyone else?

To quickly comment on an earlier post on homosexuality in ships in general, we are attracted to what we are attracted to and we ship what we ship. Love is love. I just want to see the characters I care about to be happy. "Love is the answer. Love is the only real truth there is. It's that simple." To quote JF. And if you can find that, regardless of color, sex, age, or bubble gum flavor then hold on to that for dear life and the rest of the world be damned. That’s what I like in a ship. After all, what else is there in life then to find someone to love and be loved?

Oh well, maybe I’m just a hopeless romantic when it comes to shipping. I don’t think I’m going to post in this thread again unless someone questions or comments on my post because I don’t dislike any ship. And those ships that I feel apathy towards I just don’t post in.

Play nice everyone. Sorry to the mods that have to read my rant.

12. greglover14

greglover14 Pathologist

You make it sound as if ALL GSRs act that way. Not all of us do. I can understand other ships, and accept them. Mostly that is younger people or people that are new to things like this board or ff.net. I wish anti-GSRs would stop making it sound like we are an army of haters. We aren't. People bash our ship as much as anyone else does.

13. Barbarella

Barbarella Lab Technician

But let's all keep in mind that Billy's a manwhore who just likes to kiss women *period*. His comments have that ulterior motive. :devil: :lol:

14. heartagram69

EXACTLY!!!! thank you, i luv you!!!

15. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

I have to disagree here. I'm only 18, but I like to think im mature enough to get past the superficial stuff. Does the age difference bother me? Yeah, a little. I'll be honest. But I don't completely disregard the ship based on that fact alone. I have a problem with GSR because it is playing the tired "younger woman falls for older man and lets him walk all over her." It's been done. And you would think that in the 21st century the media would have tried to move past that a little. You can try to deny it all you want but the fact of the matter is that Sara has let her little crush on Grissom cloud her judgment. I'd like to think she has moved on. All the evidence tells us that she has. However, she has put herself out thee for him before, and he has never been willing to commit. His loss. That ship has sailed. If she were to give into him and give him another chance I would lose all respect for the character, and I like Sara far too much to watch that happen. IMO, if Grissom truly loved Sara he would have allowed himself to be with her.

So, yeah, I'm a teenager, but don't trivialize my choice of ship and disregard it as "having a problem with the age difference." It's a bit deeper than that.

I dont mean to come off as aggressive btw, and after reading this post I realize it could be taken this way. Im just trying to add a little substance to the age difference thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.