"Miscarriage Of Justice" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 16, 2009.

1. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Rashomama was a reference to the Akira Kurosawa's film (Rashomon) whose premise was basically the same as the episode:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042876/

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Partially From Tv.com ;)
    The title of the episode is actually an homage to the Kurosawa film, 'Rashomon', which also revolves around a murder being solved by observing multiple points of view
    A horror film studio loses its main star when scream queen is murdered after a night of filming.

3. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

Oh, okay. Thanks! :cool: I was wrong then.

I might watch the Chick Chop ep tonight, just because I've only seen it once and it'll be like watching a brand new ep because I won't remember anything. I just remember it being stupid though. I'm rewatching season 3 now (on DVD) and even though I've seen every ep, I couldn't tell you how most of them end! :lol: So it's like watching a whole new season to me. I have to see the eps several times before I start to remember what ends up happening.

4. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

The episode wasn't the best ever, but it was good. I did like how Dr. Langston was relating to the daughter. Sometimes, one might wonder why the congressman's wife didn't kill him instead of the other lady. Maybe that would have been to nice for him and she wanted to make him suffer.
    It's a wonder what's up with Reilly. She totally wouldn't answer when Greg was saying asking "Voice of experience?" It was interesting to see her talk to the Chief of Staff's wife. It was sweet that Greg was a little concerned about her. It seemed a little different that Nick was hands off on that. It wasn't as like him, but maybe Nick's learned people have to help themselves sometimes. Nick and especially Greg looked great last night.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, Chick Chop is the one where Ronnie Lake nearly gets herself killed. I remember that now. :lol:

Ally Sheedy was the woman who bit Greg's hand in Leapin Lizards. Jessica Collins played the minature killer.

Thanks for the explanation on Rashomama. I couldn't remember what it meant. :lol:

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm extremely puzzled as to why you would think they should have been mentioned in that scene since those former CSIs had nothing to do with 'the victory' that was just won. The current team was celebrating their current 'victory'. Plus, this wasn't the first team get-together we've seen since the others left. They all have seemed to move on and embraced the people that they're surrounded with now and have restructured this fractured group and turned it into their own little family.

"Teamwork"
    "makes the dream work"

I think those were very poignant comments to end that scene (and the episode). It was kind of a signal to say - 'this is our team now and we're going to be okay'.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I also believe Anthony Zuiker got part of the CSI concept idea from the movie Rashomon as well.

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly, I mean those three are gone, the others aren't going to keep reminiscing about them. That just isn't reality. They'll remember them and think about them now and again, but as Kaylyne wrote, the celebration was about this new team and not about the old team.

Besides Riley barely worked with Grissom and didn't know Sara or Warrick at all. Same with Langston.

Just gotta accept that we will not being seeing Grissom anymore this season. CM said herself that Petersen will NOT be in the 200th episode and probably wouldn't guess star, if at all, until next season.

I really don't think you'll hear about the ones that are gone, if you do, it will be a rare occurrence. The show is now about the new team, not the old team or GSR.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I for myself, after working with some people for 9 years, would be still distraught, and I was just wondering how did they move on and just shrug them off, like they were never there, I just thought it would be a sweet moment if they brought them up beings they all loved them so much! it wasn't their celebration, that's true, but I still think they should have said something pertaining to them! I have my thoughts on this just like you all do! So if Nick was gone, or Greg or another one, the rest of the team would never mention them again? then their feelings would be extremely shallow, & I don't think they are, to me!

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Ah, I'm pretty sure it's a case of "gone but not forgotten". We've had the moments where Catherine saw Warrick's number in her cellphone, and stuff like that... one thing CSI doesn't seem to do is dwell on stuff. And I mean, hey- they've got us fans to do that for them! ;)

A good, solid episode, and it wasn't really until I read some of the reviews that I could pin down what it reminded me of- earlier episodes. Good call. It did have that whole team/case focus episode feel to it and I really enjoyed it. I've been watching this show since season one and it definitely took me back to the old days. Good stuff.

Riley is growing on me, big time, and I'm enjoying watching Fishburne find his legs. The character is just so... earnest in his struggles to get it right. It's really cool to watch. I hope we see more like this one. :)

11. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I guess I still don't get that line of thinking.
    In my job, we've had a few of us that have been working together for quite a while, and a few that have left recently. When we all get together every now & then, none of us sit around and say, "I wish so-and-so-from-the-past would be here to join us in this get together". Yes, their names get brought up at various times during the year, but just in passing and not at the get togethers, because the get togethers are usually about the 'here and now'.

Anyway...
    I'm getting very frustrated that they keep making this show darker (literally). Even some of the hallway and lab scenes in this episode were hard to see the faces of the characters because there is no lighting. I noticed that for Catherine's (newly expanded) office, they added some lighting behind her, but jeez, they need to lighten things up! I get the fact that it's the 'night shift', but the lab at least should have proper lighting for its employees and they shouldn't have to work in the dark.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, nightshift doesn't mean it has to be dark inside the building. :lol: ONly outside. :lol:

Desertwind, I think maybe it's supposed to be several months after Grissom left, even though technically its not. So maybe that's why they don't mention them much. Although Greg did mention Grissom in the diner scene a few eps back when Nick found that fly in his soup. :lol:

Can I just say that I love Ray's voice. He's got a very soft, soothing voice. It's nice.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I think it's time for GSR fans to accept the reality that the show and the team has moved on and GSR is done and over with.

A lot of fans are done with GSR as well and now those of us who were not fans of the show don't want it to be mentioned. I'm thinking and hoping the writers have turned their attention to us now after giving into the GSR fans for so many years.

We want Nick to have his time, Greg to have his time and Catherine to get some back.

And I for one want to know more about Riley and about Ray. I like these two characters. I like Riley because she's played by a Canadian and as a fellow Canuck I'm going to support our home grown talent being on the shown.

I've always enjoyed Laurence Fishbourne and am going to open myself up to what he brings to this show.

GSR has had its run and now it's time for the spotlight to turn to the others and to the new members.

Please move on. Fox and Petersen have. It's time for their fans to as well.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's GregNickRyanFan for clearing that up. I was kinda of going by when our beloved boss left [she moved up north] and a month later we all went to a meeting to meet the new one, and all we talked about was our former boss, we all loved her:( and another employee had left about a month before that, and we also talked about him] so that's how I was thinking, The Ray character does have a soothing mellow tone to his voice, very appealing, and he's got beautiful lips:p He's really great in this role, and does command a strong screen presence. I'm also wondering how long he signed up for on this show? And I'm a hard-core CSI fan not just a GSR fan, so that's a figment of some fans imagination, who think that way, I'm just sad that some are gone and Warrick is one of them, I love Nick and Greg and Brass and Doc, even Hodges role is funny, so don't pretend to think or to know how other fans are feeling. just because everyone doesn't have the same take on everything! I enjoyed this episode it was riveting and great from the beginning to the end!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow, only now am I realizing that we all should have figured that a someone lost a baby... since it's in the episode title. And it's the reason the wife killed the woman. Yes, I'm realizing this now. It's actually not that bad of an episode title. Definitely not as bad as "Fur and Loathing", which has to be one of my personal least favorite CSI episodes ever...