"Freaks & Geeks" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here you go. :)

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

See, that's interesting. Some weeks people say they want two cases, and then when the show actually airs a twofer people criticize how boring one of the cases was and go back to wanting a one case.

I thought tonight's episode was worthy of being a singular case. If anything, I thought tonight's episode was the best one of the season so far, and all of them have been terrific. It served a nice story on social acceptance and finding a place in life; something I think Catherine is looking for. Paul Guilfoyle wants a lighter workload and the fans still want to see him, so I think that one scene was a nice compromise. It was fun to see Catherine and Morgan work together--we even got a nice group scene, save for Sara.

I still believe this is one of the best seasons the show has had.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, okay. Thanks. :) When I saw that before, I didn't remember the name Steven on there LOL. But, I missed a bit of the episode (right before the young dude in the cage was revealed) because I went out of the room during commercial break and didn't get back in on time.

I've only seen each Pirates movie (except the newest one) once each, so I don't think I'd remember him from those. He must have been in something else I've seen or he just reminds me of someone.

You mean the scene where they had the painting of the Candelabra lady up on the wall? Sara wasn't the only one not in that scene. Greg wasn't there either. Just Hodges, DB, Nick, Cath and Morgan. I wonder if maybe at the time Greg was looking into leads on what he was told by Henry. :shrugs: Or maybe he and Sara had another case and we just didn't get to see it.

I wasn't expecting Greg to be in this episode a lot considering he's been in the other eps quite a bit, so I was surprised he was in the second half as much as he was LOL.

Except for all the sword swallowing, I thought it was decent episode. It kind of annoyed me that even as a Doctor the sister was calling the guy a freak. She's a doctor, she should know he has a deforming condition that he can't help. Doesn't mean he's not human and it doesn't mean that he doesn't deserve to be loved. Yeesh, I wanted to smack her!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. Smokey

I didn't remember him from it either. Too busy watching Johnny Depp. :lol: Now that it's been mentioned tho I realize I remember him. :)

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I actually agree with you. I didn't think the case was strong enough and maybe it is because I figured the sister did it early on in the episode. It was interesting with all the freaks and I liked the explanation of Geeks in this case but I still felt something was lacking.

I still overall prefer two cases in an episode unless they use everyone really evenly throughout an episode with one case. It is weird when someone suddenly seems to be working the case after 40 minutes into the show. Now there has been one case episodes that everyone was evenly seen through the show.

Not my fave of the season, probably one of the weaker episodes so far to me this season.

6. Smokey

Totally agree. I'm liking this season a lot...still love DB...just thought this case was too all over the place. I checked the clock several times and even got on FB while it was still on. :lol: Criminal Minds kept my attention tonight more than CSI.

I noticed that the wife is back. :D ;)

My favorite part of the whole thing was DB taking a sip of that coffee, then sniffing it and going "UH!" or something like that. :lol:

7. Dizzney

I am waiting for Greg and DB to have a conversation about coffee. :lol:

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I give it a B, needed a little more Greg and like Smokey said maybe another case, another detective or 2 too

Continuity from CSI Down :thumbsup:

Cath backstory :)

Willie also plays Gibbs from Pirates of the Carribbean = Sweet!! :thumbsup:

Could have used a little more Greg, then again I too am surprised we got as much as we had in the second part since we've had more of him in the previous episodes...which is sad cause there was only about 4 minutes in total of the whole

Also needed something more memorable for Greg cause I don't think there was, of course I'm tired :lol: now the scene with DB and the coffee would have been perfect to bring up Greg's Blue Hawaiian Coffee = Memorable! ;)

Yay! Catherine and Morgan scene, hardly had any of those this season

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but like I said I'm sleepy

9. Dizzney

Oh yeah that is right. I saw him in person once at Epcot. :lol:

Personally the whole torn nipple thing really freaked me out. :eek:

10. GregNickRyanFan

I probably do somewhat remember him from that... probably more so from the previews for the new Pirates movie than the actual earlier movies LOL.

Greg: Hey, Russell, you should really try this Blue Hawaiian. Best coffee ever made. :D

11. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I get that PG wants a lighter workload but his role in "CSI Down" was a nice compromise. Having what amounts to a drive by appearance in this episode was not. I missed Brass, especially when there was no detective with the CSI's at the sideshow.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It was a good episode, but definitely not my fave of the season. I liked that we got Cath history and that she shared a few scenes with Morgan. I hated every time there was a scene with the the woman driving the gigantic needles through her skin and then the nipple thing, just ouch. DB is still great :).

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Darnit, I missed a few scenes. What was the Cath backstory? All I caught was DB backstory.

I wanted to slap the perp too.

Yeah, the nipple thing icked me. Not the first time I've seen a show do it...although the last time it was Bones and a navel ring.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Mel, I don't remember exactly, but DB was saying his wife was his first and only love. Cath asked, "so you lost your virginity to your wife?" and he said Yeah. Then he asked about her and she started talking about some guy she dated back in the day who was one of those "bad boy" types or something.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

It was an okay episode. Wasn't bad but I got a little bored. I think I've been desensitized to all the freaky stuff thanks to this show. And it seemed to me this episode was banking more on the freak aspect to carry interest. Didn't have enough mystery for me.