CSI: NY Unresolved Issues...Your Thoughts.

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Carolyn_333, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Here's the listed of unresolved issues. I want hear your thoughts on how you would've like to see them resolved or play out if there had been a season 10.

1. Lindsay's pregnant. I would've like for Lucy to have a little brother. Or a little sister. If I were Lucy that's probably what I would want.
    2. Sid's cancer. I would've liked for it to have turned out to be a false positive.
    3. Mac's aphasia. I want to hear a doctor tell Mac his aphasia is gone.
    4. Mac proposal. I really want a Mac and Christine wedding.
    5. Hawkes's girlfriend Camille. Maybe a double wedding Mac-Christine & Hawkes-Camille.
    6. CSI Adam Ross. Adam was getting out in the field more. I would've liked for them to have made it official and made him a CSI.
    7. Flack and Lovato. I would've liked to have seen where their relationship went. If it fizzled out, if they got married.

Okay, there's the list and my thoughts. Now I want to hear your thoughts.

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Since CSI:NY is no more, this is all in distant hindsight or no longer troubling as I've closed the books on it altogether. For me, my issues I have are as follows...

1. Mac's family background: I would've wanted to know more about Mac's family background. Yes, he was married to Claire who died on 9/11 but we never did know about if he had any siblings. He had no children from my knowledge. I doubt he and Christine would have any either.

2. Mac and Stella: Although I've came to accept Mac/Christine with time, I really would've loved to have seen something to imply that there was still some contact between the two. I admit, I feel dumb looking back on it now but I was a literal wreck for over two years after MK abruptly left and it was utter Hell recovering from that. But then again, I also did not like the idea of a boss hooking up with an 'assistant supervisor' because of the idea of it being an ethical breach unless one of them transferred elsewhere. But having really loved the bond the two had, especially when he went to Greece, and then all of a sudden, it's like they never met or knew eacher, and I felt it did a disservice to us fans, even casual non-shipper fans of M/S.

3. Jo's family. I would've loved to know more about Jo's family background. Sure she has a son and adopted daughter. We got to see her ex-husband. Does Jo have any sisters or brothers. What about her parents...Then again, I feel the same way about the other CSI's families.

4. Louis Messer: Danny's brother Louis was in a coma a while back. We never know about Louis' ultimate fate. Did he survive? That was one of the questions that would nag me at times during the show's run.

5. Stella's background. Who was Stella's father? Did she have any siblings or half-siblings through her father's side? We did knew Stella's mother died when she was 2. Being born in 1975 seems kind of young for Stella. 1969 might have seemed more realistic in my book.

6. Gerrard's life since killing the subject that molested his daughter. Gerrard was Deputy Inspector who got in the way of Mac investigating crime scenes for political reasons but was forced out after he killed a suspect that molested his daughter in "Admissions". I would've liked to have seen something where Mac makes amends with Gerrard in light of the latter's journey through the fallout of his actions. I don't blame Gerrard one bit for what he did. I would've done the same if I knew a guy did this to my daughter, sister or mother.

7. Jo and Stella meeting. While this would fall more into the netherworld of Fanfiction, the idea of Jo and Stella meeting looked very promising ad might have brought fans of the two characters and respective actresses together. I remember the uproar over MK leaving, I myself was a wreck for over two years afterwards, but I was also upset seeing the anti-SW/Anti-Jo attitudes erupt as well.

8. I agree with Sid's cancer. It added a whole new dimension to the characters lives and this proves that we're all human in the end.

Ultimately in the end, every show when it ends likely leaves unresolved issues. "Desperate Housewives" left many when it ended. CSI:Miami did as well, "CSI:NY" has many unresolved issues, as "Castle" will someday when it leaves the TV Schedule.

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Wasn't there an episode where Jo met a man on her day off, and it turned out he had one of her deceased sister's organs, via a transplant? Don't remember too much about that one. Those are all some good points that won't ever get resolved, unfortunately. Fanfic writers? ;)

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What do you a.l think about the interview they just did?

I wanted to yell about the love life stuff...She made it sound too soapy. idk if they'd have changed this season with assurance of another but I think Mac marrying Jo would be a bit OOC UNLESS he retired, since she's a coworker. I can't see him like Grissom.

Mac did say he passed his tests, I think that was meant to be the indicator the aphasia was gone but I still get what you mean.

The guy got Jo's sister's heart.

Interesting that even the writers split on Louie.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Was this on the DVD? I musta missed it or maybe I need to pay attention more.

It seemed like they thought there was a chance that it would come back. Kinda do wished they had Mac propose in the first 2 episodes then later in the season a wedding. I need to watch this again though.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I knew I'd forget some. I thought that guy that got the heart of Jo's sister would've made a good boyfriend/potential husband for Jo. I would like to know if Louie came out of the coma or if he died. I'd also like to know what happened to that Asian/Chinese looking doctor from season 2. Here's a scene between him and Lindsay in the season 2 episode Zoo York.
    Doctor: You know what they say. It's a dirty job...
    Lindsay: But somebody's got to do it?

7. MacsGirlMel

Look at the right of your forum page...it's right there in the headlines.

Yeah,I agree with tou.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Okay, I read it.

I have to admit, maybe it's best it got cancelled if they were going to go that route. Unless GS can talk them out of it.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

The interview with Pam Veasey was interesting. When she talked about the "running joke" of not knowing if Louie was alive or not it was funny. But still, we the viewers didn't need the "ultimate story" to get this cleared up. All it would have taken was a line by Danny about visiting Louie at his grave, or in jail, or in the care home, etc. One line.

They could have done this for other story lines also. Five seconds less of lab processing montages and one line to give viewers a clue about something.

10. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

But she was talking about Mac and Jo? I understood that was Jo's wedding, probably with that FBI guy, I forgot his name.

11. MacsGirlMel

No,they were indicating a surprise twist with Mac.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Like Mac would marry Jo instead?

13. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Really? Now, I have to agree that was better cancel the show. AXN Brasil is now showing daily reruns of season 7 (Before when they reach the end of season 6 they started to show season 1 again) and I'm going to analyze Mac and Jo's dynamics and see how much this type of twist would work but I doubt.

Now, another question: if this twist would be made, what the hell was that crossover with CSI? That was forceful enough (IMO) with Christine being Mac's future second wife (if they capted their relationship a simple, very calm one it would have worked a lot better), with Jo and him suddenly falling in love and married... simply no! I don't care who is paired up with who if they're paired up, but I DO care how things are done.

And this from someone who was plotting to take CBS and make their executives hostage till they bring us back our beloved show!

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

What latest season have you seen? 7, 8 or 9?

15. Screenplayer

Screenplayer Hit and Run

Last one was season 9. But here in Brazil, we have CSI NY reruns daily showed 7PM and then, on Thursday 9PM, the newest episodes (Now they're showing reruns of season 9). It had been a while when I watched 7 (Actually when I started to follow CSI NY) so there are some details that I don't remember. I like to observe characters' dynamics because I write too (basically plays, what I do for living).