The RANT And I Can't Say This Aloud #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Carolyn_333, Sep 15, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

To windows 7 on my laptop:

Thanks a lot for changing my IE to version 9 without my permission. Now I cannot get my pogo games to work! I shut off updates and you updated it anyway. If I had wanted version 9, I would have upgraded it myself! Now I have to go to the trouble of uninstalling my old java and downloading the new one so I can get the games to work on Firefox. I really didn't want to have to do that, which is why I was using IE for the java games and Firefox for the flash ones. It's so stupid to make Windows where it updates your browser version without your permission. You should be able to choose which updates you download and install not have Windows choose it for you!

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Not to be a wise ass or anything but I ended up doing that. :) But maybe I was just walking too fast. But yeah, sometimes I don't like the idea of someone behind me either.

Yeah, that is pretty annoying. I don't use IE but I haven't upgraded IE on my laptop unless it's already upgraded.

Just be careful in disabling the updates. :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

The way Windows 7 works on the default setting, it downloads the upgrades and forces you to have to install it when you shut down the computer. I wanted to stop that (and instead dload/install the updates at a time of my choosing) cause when I shut down my computer, its sometimes late at night and I don't want to wait forever for it to install the updates cause sometimes I just want to go to bed LOL. But, I guess it had already downloaded some before I changed the settings, so I guess those were the ones it installed last week and the IE upgrade was one of them. I'm sure there's some kind of fix to get it to load my games, but I don't know what it is. IE keeps saying it has to restart the tab and then it just closes it cause it can't load the game. I guess I'll have to ask my bro's friend if he knows what's causing this issue. All I know is that its annoying.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You should be able to uninstall individual updates from your Uninstall Programs section in Control Panel if you want to go back to a previous version of IE.

Control Panel>>Programs>>Programs & Features>>View Installed Updates.

From then it might take a while to load everything, but you should be able to find the IE 9 upgrade and right-click>>uninstall. From there, it should re-start your computer and then re-install the previous version of IE that you had (in my case, 7 :lol:). I think the information might be on IE's website as well. In any event, it worked for me as I had zero interest in IE 9--it's incompatible with my university's website (though they tend to recommend using Firefox anyway, ha).

For the record, I use Windows 7 as well.

I absolutely hate when my computer does updates before I go to bed. Last week I had to sit through a "1 out of 1 updates" for about 15 minutes. :lol:

Dear ants: Get out of my house. And I see where you're coming from, so happy Raid Day.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah, that's my rant for the day...why do some of the updates have to take so long? I can put up with 12 updates one Tuesday a month, but why must it take forever?

I wonder why IE 9 won't run stuff an earlier version would. (I use Firefox, so I don't know much about it anymore.)

6. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you. I'll try that. I only use IE for java games since firefox disabled the java thing because its the old one and I really don't want to bother with installing the new java. I know what you mean about the updates. I've had updates to take over thirty minutes before LOL. And Windows 7 in general is slow to start up and to shut down lol. And I thought it was just my computer but then noticed my mom's Windows 7 laptop starts up slow too (and she has a different brand of computer than I do).

Oh those things are such a pain. We've had to fight them so many times in the kitchen. We wipe the counters down with vinegar and other supposed "homeade" tricks we've found on the internet. Nothing was getting rid of the buggers. We finally figured out one place they were getting in was from behind the light socket, so the exterminator sprayed behind there and the problem has lessened, but we still see a few every now and then... usually after a big rain. But before the exterminator sprayed behind the light socket, we were seeing twenty or more a day. We always have to shake off the mail before we bring it into the house because the ants are all over and inside the mailbox. Irritating little bastards lol. I spray ant spray in the mailbox to get rid of them, but they keep coming.

To some bloggers at hln's website: Why are so many of you suggesting Alyssa Milano to play Casey Anthony in the lifetime channel movie (based on the prosecutor's book)? She's a little too old for the role. Casey was only around 23 when the trial was going on. No offense to AM, but I don't think she can pass for that young anymore (and she's just had a baby recently, so I doubt she'd want to do it anyway). And Marisa Tomei, seriously? She's even older. Good grief! Lacey Chabert or Farah Fath either one might be good choices though. And to the person who suggested Greg Grunberg (Matt from Heroes) as Jose Baez, thank you. I was trying to think of his name and I couldn't remember it lol.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I'm now afraid to get laptop. But I hope until I'm able to buy it there'll be different Windows OS out.
    My friend has Windows 7 and I hate it. I dunno if she has sorted her updates problem but from looks I can tell she lets it update itself. Although she doesn't use IE at all nor Firefox, Chrome that is now, everything seems to be working.

But library's PC's have something like XP or older Windows. IE is working fine for Photobucket unlike Firefox. But doubt they have Chrome yet since I wasn't able to play Angry Birds on FB.

But I'd love to get into their Admin settings to fix up those old corpses they call computers...

Oh those things are such a pain. We've had to fight them so many times in the kitchen. We wipe the counters down with vinegar and other supposed "homeade" tricks we've found on the internet. Nothing was getting rid of the buggers. We finally figured out one place they were getting in was from behind the light socket, so the exterminator sprayed behind there and the problem has lessened, but we still see a few every now and then... usually after a big rain. But before the exterminator sprayed behind the light socket, we were seeing twenty or more a day. We always have to shake off the mail before we bring it into the house because the ants are all over and inside the mailbox. Irritating little bastards lol. I spray ant spray in the mailbox to get rid of them, but they keep coming.
    [/QUOTE]

Bugger. We have ant problem at graveyard. They are literally eating away everything we put onto the ground.

Last time mom was told to try cinamon for little buggers. Doubt it like salt that didn't do anything to them.

I hate ants and it's been my phobia/severe dislike since very young age (gettin 'bite' into butt being just a baby wasn't welcoming experience). We here have three types (that I've seen): red angry ones, black neutral ones and huge dark brown ones that mostly lives in woods areas.

8. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I especially hate when they are smoking, so I definitely have to walk in front of them to avoid breathing dirty air from their cancer sticks. :(

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Me too, don't like the feeling of somebody walking behind if I'm walking slow. It's just uncomfortable when somebody's slinking behind like they have something bad in mind (now it's me getting paranoid here:lol:)

Head/left eye,
    stop hurting. I feel like freakin punching my head against wall. I can take direct headache but that ache behind eye is just too irking to take. Besides it's tearing now too. But the ache goes into temple too. Just plain irritating :(

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Dear me: OMG! How could you have forgotten to answer the FIRST question on your quiz! You need an 80 to pass and we're only sitting at 86% on the multiple choice. Hopefully you pass the essay questions or you're in trouble. Ugh.

That's what I get for not looking over the questions before I submitted. :/

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

GNRF don't feel too bad, I have IE and its XP I had to upgrade (it didn't do it for me) I had to nothing would work on the one I like (ie banking, FB, etc). The sad thing is that XP only goes up to IE 8 so far to date it will go no further. Which Sucks. Thing is IE 8 for me and several others is still buggy in someways, you'll be going along and bam your hit with "Not responding" so then you then get the "end program" and it doesn't just close one window that its happening in if you have more then one open. No. it closes ALL the windows. Then when you reopen the window you get "do you want to restore previous window or home page" I am like I would like for you to stop ticking me off with this crap 10 times aday.

Did you go into your updates click to check them and when it shows up, click the + sign by it and then go down and click the box to "hide" it? I did that for along time on IE 8 (XP) never downloaded it, even on automated updates turned on, until I had no choice but to go back in and get it out of hiding and use the dang thing.

12. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

EXCUSE THE FOUL LANGUAGE...

I just want to rant and say how much I despise the people at my school, they would ruin the prom for me so that's why I'm not going. It's so funny how un-classy everyone at my school is. The prom is supposed to be a FORMAL event, not a drunken, high, dry humping fest.

I'm not going for 3 reasons:
    1) No date...even though I could have gotten one if I REALLY wanted.
    2) I don't want to get killed by a drunk driver.
    3) I'd rather not care to see trashy girls grinding...seriously. If your butt is on his pelvis and your hands are on the ground then not even that $300 dress will make you classy. This is what irks me the most, girls get dressed up so beautifully just to be a hoe and rub their ass on some horny douchebag guy.

/rant

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Wow--they let the kids "dirty dance" at your school? Talk about morals going down the toilet...:wtf:

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

*Foul language warning! Do not read if your age doesn't allow.*

You goddamn bitch! How did you dare to copy everything I do! You truly don't think I can see whatever shit you do? You seriously keep me a fool? I have a news for ya- you're the idiot one!! And I'm terribly mad at you right now because you not only don't know how to use English nor how to play rp. And that's just the beginning because you obviously lack any significant amount of humanity and respect for other people on the ground you're living! And all you do is bitch about others when in fact it's you who ruins everything you participate. I truly have no idea how you can suffer your own character but for us, the people around, you're sure tragedy. Please just better die or leave this planet for good because you make people suffer. Even those near you take bad end and it's all around you especially because you use it as a show off weapon. But know what? You're the one who should die (I know, I know)! I can't even express my true anger about in any appropriate words nor any words at all because all I can do is scream bloody murder at the top of my lungs and beat up the brickwall in my room let alone arranging c4 and nuclear warheads transportation to your address for detonation right in your face. Aaaaaaaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad: :scream::scream::scream::scream: :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

We get ants every spring. We get traps as long as we hide them from the cat but it's impossible to stop them by the woods. ladybugs come in too,upstairs.

*braces for the oncoming "Dear CBS, we hate you for axing CSI Miami" rants likely to come *