"CSI Down" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I missed some of it...what backstory with Morgan and Ecklie did we get?

The explosions and stuff is more Miami-ish...NY is like in between lol

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Great episode IMO. Action packed and great story. Few thoughts...why did they bother creating a CGI helicopter when the had a real one? Also, lol at the end. Morgan seemed like she just blew off Greg and her dad to be with Russell.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It didn't seem as much like Miami as the ep last season with all the bombs LOL.

I have a feeling though that this episode was written for the soul purpose of starting a road to recovery for Morgan and Ecklie's relationship.

When she was 14, he screwed up so much that her mom took her and left for California. Morgan was upset because Ecklie didn't fight for her to stay. He just let her mother have her without a fight.

4. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Since this season seems to be all about estranged fathers and daughters, can they please bring back Ellie? It's like they've extracted bits and pieces of what we've seen with Brass and Ellie to create conflicted relationships between Cafferty and his daughter and Ecklie and Morgan. Why don't they just go back to the original?

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That guy sure perked up after being dead enough to need to have his heart shocked. :lol:

I was wondering too about the fake helicopter scenes. They looked....fake.

Didn't really like the "Oh look, our cases are connected!" plot again.

Again, just really too over the top for me. Best parts were Ecklie hugging Morgan despite her resistance and also Russell's scenes. I am LOVING this show with Danson in it! :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

I'd like to see Ellie again too... but at least we got a brief mention of her a few eps ago.

LOL, yeah, that was a little far-fetched.

I know, that gets really irritating lol.

Okay, since no one else has said it, I'm gonna say it: Was anyone else kind of turned on when Nick went toward that tattooed guy and said, "You got a problem, man?" :lol:

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Not enough Nick? ;)

8. GregNickRyanFan

I was glad to see Ecklie get some scenes where he got to be emotional like that. It's a different side of him than what we're used to. It's a side that I rather like. But then again I've kind of liked Ecklie since Grave Danger. :)

9. Smokey

Okay fine...I was. ;) I saw that clip on The Talk yesterday but didn't know what episode it was from. :lol:

I also noticed that from the layout room to the AV lab with Sara, somehow Nick either changed shirts or took off one. :lol:

Let's see...what else? Super Dave: "We flipped 'em and sticked 'em!" :lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

Nice catch. I didn't even notice that LOL.

That was a great line!

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

LOL let's see how long it takes the fanfic writers to have fun with that one.

I wonder if it was a different take and maybe George didn't realize he didn't have the same one.

And yes, let's have Ellie again, I agree.

12. Smokey

It's my job. I do it well. :lol:

Since it seems to be kind of a theme this season, that would be nice. :)

Good to see a little Hodges and some Henry. And at least Archie was mentioned even if he wasn't there. :)

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Great ep! :thumbsup: Give it an A-, I LOVE this season!!

Morgan/Lis were great tonight :thumbsup: Morgan/Ecklie reconillation (sp?= I'm sleepy) coming, wish it didn't have to start with danger necessarily, there are other ways for them to start reconnecting

WOW!! Angry Greg, and he cursed :eek: that don't happen too often on either of those, liked the jacket he was wearing, and he was working with DB and Morgan :thumbsup: YAY!! He's allowed to work with new people :hugegrin:

DB/Ted was good,

Saw Henry, Hogdes, and had a Mandy mention :) are the lab rats are coming back? :eek: Or so I hope :angel:

:lol: on David's "flip and stick" quote

Wished we could of had some more Cath and Sara

Nice scenes with Ecklie

14. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

So much better than last week!

**I did get turned on when Nick told the tatooed guy to scram ;)

I gotta say though, how did Morgan let the guy get her gun?! I mean I know she was helping to stabilize him but ahhh come on...

Morgan/Liz did a great job. So did Ecklie! Now I wish we saw more of him.

The helicopter did look fake at times, but what can ya do.

I wish there was more Sara & Cath! And even Nick was a little laxed...

Angry Greg :O niceee! Never seen him that intense before. After seeing that, I can't believe Morgan blew him off at the end. And I know she and her dad aren't lovey dovey but after the hug he gave her, I expected a little less harshness.

Overall, I need to watch again bc I think I zoned out on some parts lol. I'm mad there's no epi next week :(

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, it was certainly action packed!

I enjoyed it and thought Elisabeth did a great job. She had to display a range of emotions in that episode, and it all seemed appropriate under the circumstances. I liked her awkwardness with Ecklie at the end, and her scene with DB was nice; a little like his final scene with Sara in Bittersweet.
    The writers seem to be showing DB bonding with his team on an individual basis, and I like that. He is a good supervisor, and a father figure; much better at it than Grissom, who was really more of a mentor and teacher who happened to be their supervisor.
    I did feel sad about the pilot. I liked him. :(
    I think Brass is on Team Morgan after this one.
    Greg is cute throughout. Even when he loses his temper. (He did say bitch, didn't he? I was a little shocked by that. :lol:)

DB: "Maybe they took the scenic route." LOL

And, Smokey, I think this breaks the string of wife mentions for DB. Or did I miss it? :lol:

Overall an enjoyable episode IMO. Some of it was a little far fetched (How many lives did Frank have?), but kudos to Elisabeth for her performance!

A B+ from me. Not enough Sara to warrant an A :), but still good.