Gary #8: Chicago's Finest

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Jade_Nolan, Sep 1, 2011.

?

new thread title

Poll closed Sep 15, 2011.
  1. Time stands still when you're having fun!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Chicago's finest

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. We steal toasters too!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. We are Gary's girls

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Women have reckless crushes on him..who, us?! nooo...*nods* yes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I didn't realize there were suggestions as to what his injuries were. Just hope they didn't have to shave his head even though I know his hair will grow back.

Maybe it's human nature but I want to know what caused the accident. Was there a drunk driver? Running a stop sign? Stop light? Driver who hit them, was he/she cited?

Surprised there haven't been that many questions about what caused it.

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Well unless he had a full on head injury requiring surgery (which I can assure you is not the case as that would definitely fall into the "serious injuries" category), fortunately we don't have to worry about that :)

And I do totally get wanting to know how the accident happened, especially since I'm a medic myself and can so easily visualize all the different possibilities from a technical standpoint :lol: And maybe there haven't been more of those types of questions because he was the passenger. I'm sure if he had been driving there'd be all sorts of querying.

But speculating on which hospital he's at and posting things about that sort of stuff in the format of, "I heard that...."? No, that's going a bit far....

3. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I didn't realize there was speculation as to what hospital he was at. That being said, I did see a tweet and a post on his FB page by someone at a certain hospital ICU department wishing him well.

EDIT: I do agree, that is going too far with where he might be.

4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Yep.

And I missed that tweet! Haha, but I used to work in an ICU here in MI, but just because that's where I worked and I wished Gary well wouldn't mean they'd flown him here for treatment :lol: Oh dear, the speculation people will grab on to if it even sort of "fits", even if it has no intended implications!

5. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

IMO, I think that as long as he is ok and resting at home, we don't need to know how it happened or what his injures were, all that matters is that he didn't have serious injuries. He will proberbly be up and about in the next couple of weeks bright as anything! He knows fans are asking about. I'm just really glad that nothing was serious

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Gary needs rest. He has always stress enough.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes, that's true he does need rest. I guess doing all the things he has done is pretty stresseful.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I saw this photo on someone's FB page and I want to ask about it.

Is there a movie where GS has boots/socks on, in a river bed that has snow on the banks and um.. he's um... naked? :eek: :drool:

EDIT: This person posts on his official FB page.

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

That's the beginning of 'A Midnight Clear'. He's a soldier in an intel unit in WWII in the Ardennes Forest right before the Battle of the Bulge and he receives a letter telling him his baby died in childbirth. He completely flips out and runs off into the woods stripping his clothes off until he reaches a stream where he stops (naked except his boots) and throws rocks until the guy who was on watch with him caught up with him and hands him back his clothes, by which point he had calmed down enough to think again. The scene with him naked in the stream is very brief and from rather far away. I know EXACTLY the person you're referring to (and she's rather whacked, trust me...), and she found a still of that brief scene and posted it on his page. She took it down after I tactfully pointed out that it might not be the most appropriate thing to be posting on FB, so she settled for simply having it as her cover pic on her timeline....still rather inappropriate to have plastered up if you ask me, although the scene is priceless to watch ;)

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Okay, I'll have to check that movie out. :lol:

When I saw that photo, I thought, whoa!! :eek: What a uh... hehe.. you know. :hugegrin: :drool:

Thanks.

I am surprised that it passed through FB censors though.

EDIT: Not sure GS would want that plastered on FB either.

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

haha, yeah, I know :D ;)

I am too! I thought for sure FB's censors would have picked up on it... :/

And no, I'm sure he wouldn't! It's one thing to enjoy such scenes in a movie ;) But have some respect for the guy...!

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I hope Gary is healing from his accident. I admit I thought he would have posted something on his Facebook or Twitter by this point, but I hope he takes all the time he needs to rest up.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, I have to confess, I do wished he had posted something by now. But I do hope he takes the time to rest. Also, the concerts at the end of the month are a go. :thumbsup:

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

There were two tweets today. The one about the concert being a go, and the one about Gary recovering at home. Lucky Moira gets to take care of him :)

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes, she does get to take care of him. :)

Btw, how do you say her name?

EDIT: Are you sure? I don't see them. Even when I'm not logged in.