CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

It's possible, but at the same time employment law generally dictates that a pregnant woman will be pretty untouchable in that respect. Any employer wanting to avoid litigation would steer clear of changing their pregnant employees job, enforcing a reduction in hours or firing them without due cause. I would speculate that Lindsay being pregnant would in some ways make her job the safest. But then again, that does depend on whether tptb take any notice of employment law in terms of such a storyline. :)

2. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

I just got the new TV Guide and it's official:

CSI:NY's Anna Belknap is adding to her family; her second child is due next year. "They are not planning on hiding it," she tells TV Guide about the pregnancy written into her story line.

The early spoilers had me so excited about the new season but not anymore. It worries me so much that I was going to suggest that the new spoiler thread title be "CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - I'm Leavin' Today".:(

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Thanks for telling us about the article, stormymac, even though I'm now completely and utterly worried about this news. *moans* This could possibly be the worst thing to ever happen to a CSI show.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Thanks for the info, Stormymac. I gotta admit, I feel the same way. I agree that the original spoilers really rocked my world. This revelation, not so much.

I just hope that Danny is not the father. Especially with what she said regarding getting involved with a co-worker, Danny's cluelessness about her feelings, etc, it just doesn't seem to wash. Also, given how mean she was to him during the Ruben thing...yeah. No thank you.

If her new love interest, whomever he is, is the father, and they can explore that, I'd be happier. I'm just not all that enthused about a preggers storyline, honestly.

Yeah, see my previous post about spoilers and rumors. Well, it looks like these rumors have been confirmed. Let's hope they do it right, although, given TPTB's Track Record, I don't think so.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, "not planning" doesn't mean that they won't. They could change their minds before we even get there. It's a spoiler, and it's coming from the mouth of someone that isn't a writer, so we can't be 100% sure. Aw heck, I'm just grasping at straws, here.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

There are probably quite a few of us who are grasping right along with you. :shifty:

How are they going to deal with it? She can't work around chemicals so how is she going to continue to do her job? Are they just gonna reduce her role to that of Danny's baby mama? She's already just a glorified love interest anyway. I can't see the baby being anyone's but Danny's if she ends up having a diminished work role. It wouldn't make sense for a main character to be reduced that way if the baby doesn't belong to another main character. Not that NY has ever done anything that makes sense where Lindsay is concerned and they seem hell bent on using her to destroy Danny's character. :rolleyes:

Gawd, I can just imagine how much more selfish, whiny and bitchy pregnant Lindsay is gonna be. :rolleyes:

At least now we have the pregnancy confirmed so we have a heads up to the craptasticness most likely coming our way. :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah, Me too, but I'm pretty pessimistic where the writing, especially Lindsay is concerned.....

Yeah, that's my thing, too. She won't be able to work around the chemicals, put herself in physical danger, or pretty much anything excessive, and that's if it's a "Normal" pregnancy, so what will she do?

I do agree that they won't just get rid of/cut her, simply because the Family Medical Leave Act and the Pregnancy Discrimination Act both stipulate that you cannot get rid of an employee simply because she's pregnant. They have to find an alternate job for her, but they can't get rid of her outright. They also have to hold her position for her when she goes on leave.

However, in the meantime, the do have to find an alternative position...but, what is she going to do? I mean, she can't be a lab tech or coroner's assistant, so...will she be a runner or glorified receptionist? Inquiring minds want to know....

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: If TPTB goes this route (for now, I am ambivalent about everything because I still think it's kinda suspicious for TPTB to reveal so much so soon), the Why Lindsay Must Go thread will be running on wildfire! She's already a selfish and bitchy character to me so I won't be surprised if she becomes worse on the show due to this pregnancy.

It's what this development is going to do to Danny's character that has me headdesking. TPTB makes him the lapdog with no balls again, they'll be destroying one of the most outstanding, interesting characters on the show. Permanently. It's no wonder people are already considering the idea of passing on the show this season due to this recent news.

Well, there's that recent spoiler about a 'cut down' on the lab staff. It could have something to do with Adam's 'life crisis' (although I dunno how the risk of losing his job is a 'life crisis', and there's the confirmed news AJ Buckley is on contract for at least five years). But it could also have something to do with Lindsay, if TPTB goes down the Lindsay-pregnancy route. You just know TPTB will paint her as this 'immaculate martyr' who 'saves' the lab by 'sacrificing her job'. :rolleyes:

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

True, true - I didn't think about that. (Never been pregnant or had to deal with that kind of thing, so it didn't even cross my mind.)

I anticipate that Lindsay's pregnancy storyline will do nothing but paint her as the perfickt person they've tried to paint her as from the beginning. I for one won't buy it, but there you go.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the TV Guide info, stormymac. :)

Whilst I'm currently not a big fan of this story line, and probably never will be, I am interested to see how they decide to deal with it. And I am interested to see Danny's reaction to the news. I'm sure that the baby will be Danny's, and that, whilst I love all the straw grasping going on, this story line will definitely take place.

It all sucks more than a little, but it still could lead to some good character development for Danny...Well, I hope so anyway. As for Lindsay, I'm not sure what it will do for her, but I'm pretty sure that it'll eventually all play out in a very happy family type way. Perfect heart and all. :rolleyes: And of course next year I'm sure we can look forward to some baby kidnapping/danger type stereotypical story lines, what else would you do with a child of a CSI? :p :rolleyes:

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have been thinking about what AJ said - that Carmine was somewhat shocked when he saw the script, now surely the cast didn't learn of Annas pregnancy by reading a script, so it must be some other twist. I am starting to lean towards Danny not being the father, maybe Danny sees Lindsay leave the clinic, assumes she is having his child but the twist is she has been seeing someone else and its not Dannys.

Please anything but more D/L.

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Poppet, I love your interpretation. Please god let it be true......

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

Poppet, I was thinking along the same lines as you. If Carmine was truly "shocked" over something in the script re: his character, then I don't think that it was impending fatherhood for Danny that caused his surprise. As you said, the cast obviously knew asap about Anna's pregnancy, and probably realized there was a very good chance that this pregancy would not be covered up in the show like the first one. I think the obvious route would be D/L having a baby, and that would hardly be surprising to Carmine - or AJ, for that matter. But the far more unexpected/ interesting/palatable route (IMO :lol: ) would be for the baby to be someone else's, the mysterious new man in Lindsay's life.

I could actually see it somehow tying in with the storyline about needing to cut a Lab Tech, too. Realistically we know Lindsay won't be able to perform all the duties of her job while pregnant, and there are only a few ways they could write around that. I could easily see the writers have her volunteer to take less hours due to the budget cut, therefore saving the forever-grateful lab tech's job, blah blah. :wtf:

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just thought of something. Previous spoilers talk about Lindsay "saving" Danny. Could it be that Danny's job is on the line?? I mean, a lot of the higher ups never wanted Mac to hire him in the first place and what happened in CP and AitF could come back and really bite him in the ass at the most inopportune time - when they have budget cuts. Lindsay could volunteer to cut her hours/whatever they're going to do to get around that she can't be in the lab, to save Danny's job.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

thanks Dawni and Faylinn. I feel sorry a good potential storyline about Stella has to be use for Miss Belknap instead :(

It would have been AMAZING to have such storyline for us, Stellarinas fans

I congrats Anna on her new baby but i admit she has the WORST timing on Earth. Season 5 looked so promising to us (Smacked family and everyone else) and now the only thing i read it's about the new soap opera we will have as spin off

I want more storylines for Stella and Mac trying to save her. It's totally unfair to us!

Debbie :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.