Episode 10x19 - 'Habeas Corpse' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 6, 2012.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

14 vote(s)
    42.4%
  2. A

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. B

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. C+

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  7. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. F

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree,the team was very supportive. That was nice to see by the entire team

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I think it was Sam. But I'm not 100% sure.

Again, I thought this was a great season finale...something different from the typical cliffhanger. Though if it does end up being the series finale I will probably sob like a baby for at least a few months. CSI: Miami is my favorite TV show and the thought of it ending like this just doesn't satisfy me. :(

Now I know there are a lot of criticisms about this episode. And I'll be honest, if it weren't for Horatio Caine/David Caruso then I would not watch this show. That being said, I think Jonathan Togo did a phenomenal job in this episode and I think it was great that he finally got a good story line (well, I thought it was a good story line) that spanned over numerous episodes. :)

A FEW OTHER THOUGHTS...
    --I think this is the first episode all season that we didn't get that epic keyboard/drum duet before the "YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH". Oh well, not a big deal.
    --Glad to see that Frank and Eric's injuries were still there and didn't just magically disappear.
    --Guess the storyline of Eric getting that prostitute's head in the mail was dropped.
    --Calleigh adopted the kids. :thumbsup: If we do get a Season 11 it will be interesting to see what happens with that.
    --LOL at Dr. Loman's hot girlfriend. :lol: NICE!
    --I would like to see more scenes with the team out at the bar (or other places), we had one at the beginning and end of this episode. And IMO, the bar scene at the end was just perfect, even though I did cry.

I give this episode an A+.

Season 10 was one of the greatest IMO. And if this does end up being the last then I wish the cast and crew good luck in their future projects. :)

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

This episode seemed to address a lot of things many of us fans felt were lacking in previous seasons:

1. More Ryan - LOVE Jon Togo :thumbsup: :drool:- His puppy dog eyes at the bar and his "bubbula" line to Delko - He's so awesome and adoreable. I concur w/everything Natalia said! (If only Ryan were real...:lol:)

2. Team Rallying Around Ryan - LOVED that the team did not accuse him and was very compassionate and on his side. :thumbsup: Which leads me too...

3. TEAM SPIRIT!! - LOVED the team spirit - wish more shows were like this, showing the camaraderie, joking around. (That last scene seemed kinda ad-libbed a little - loved it when Ryan kissed Frank's bald head :lol:). The team acted like a team, and if it wasn't for Calleigh missing that scene, I'd give it an A++. It's everything I was hoping for (for the most part ;) )

4. Calleigh w/Kids - Cute to see Cal with kids, though I don't think they built up this story enough for us to really buy it. I get that she's older and wants kids, but with her line of work I didn't think she'd want to adopt to older kids - who will care for them when she's not around? Her drunk father? Maybe we will finally get introduced to one of her other family members or a sibling next year (hopefully the show will will come back).

5. Sam is Gone!!! - :thumbsup: BYE BYE BYE, SAM! Never liked you, won't miss you one bit (though I liked Ryan's scenes with her - for some reason he fell for her...) Still not sure if she was "dirty" or just killed her boyfriend by hitting him w/the bottle out of anger. Did she take the drugs or did her boyfriend sign her name and take them? Too much of her storyline was left up in the air.

On the downside, I felt there were too many loose ends, the plot was rushed, and the lawyer guy and Navarro thing were not wrapped up. Also, H was good at showing some emotion, but why did no one react to his breaking the test tubes?? :wtf: Does he do that all the time? :lol: Also, it's painfully apparent that H doesn't fit in w/the team anymore (I know someone else said the bar scene w/him felt awkward when he came in, and I agree). H cares for his team, but is very much distanced himself from them - he seems stilted and cold, like he's just faking his "happy" emotions at the bar. I need the REAL Horatio Caine back...

Also, it was NOT COOL that Cal missed the bar scene. They should have written it so the team was congratulating her on the adoption, or that she was getting the kids the next day and they were celebrating that instead of just having a "pick-me-up" party for Ryan. I can't believe the team didn't even mention Calleigh or the adoption or ask about it??? Did Cal not tell anyone but Delko?? So much for family if that's the case...

I didn't mind the E/C stuff-it was friendly, and Eric's speech involved the whole team, not just him, which is something I like - the whole team is a family, not just Eric and Cal. I like their friendship, and thought this episode highlighted that nicely w/out taking anything away from the team spirit. Still pissed that Cal was left out of the last scene though - she's the second in command and there the longest besides Horatio :wtf: Why can't the writers get simple stuff like that right??:confused:

Anyway, overall I give the episode an A, although it was kinda predictable it was still exciting :)eek: on the car crash scene - I thought maybe they were all dead). The focus on the characters was awesome and I loved the family atmosphere. I really hope they have another season b/c this just didn't feel "complete" to me, although it was a good ending.

4. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Exactly! If there is another season they'd better fix this. Either change the writing for H or make Caruso act more human & friendly. This extra serious/distant act has been old for a long time and I'm sick of it.

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

This afternoon when my wife came home from work, we rewatched last Sunday Nights CSI Miami show. I thought at the end, my wife wanted to cry.:(

The last 5 minutes of the show made me feel like this can not be the end, they still have some "loose ends" to tie up.

We have Comcast/Xfinity's On Demand, so Xfinity had it upload and available for customer to watch who miss their favorite shows.

Horatio Caine was sort of at the end, left out there without much to say. I think David Caruso is upset because he wanted this program to go to 12 Seasons. CBS should grant thier wish.

Peace

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

well i didn't see the episode and probably won't until next year.

but i still hope there will be another season. somehow after all i gathered from previous comments that the writers themselves hope for another season.

of course i can't judge anything and make too much of assumptions but i still like the episode. it's defo one of my 'must watch' episode list.

i like the family/team thing and that for a change they didn't accuse Ryan for something.

something tells me that writers might think it's not the season, so I'll stay hopeful until opposite proves.

like the idea about Calleigh having kids. i don't think it's impossible for her to work and take care for kids. but it's just me.

also like that it was Ryan centric episode. i just love the character (and Jon too).
    i already know this's gonna be another favourite s10 episode in my list.

without watching I can already give it A but guess that after watching it can change.

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

According to the episode review,the ending was altered just in case this IS the series finale.
    Does appear they scrapped the team being torn apart season finale and put the ending they did in place. WHile there are still plenty of question marks,if that was the last hurrah,it's a far less darker note then before.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This was a good episode. Glad the team was rallying around Ryan. I knew the clip from the preview of H saying "you put the lab in danger and I want you off this case" would be to Sam. Something confused me about the episode though.

Walter and Ryan discovered that Sam checked the drugs out of the lockup when she was on the night shift (Calleigh said she works the day shift, which means the others were day shift too) before she joined H's team. But, they didn't say why she took the drugs and replaced them with flour and put them on Josh's boat. And the scene with Sam in the car with that guy and Vogel (Vogel's hands were tied up) confused me too. Was Sam working with Vogel too?

Either way, if she took the drugs and hid them somewhere that would seem to indicate that she was a dirty cop, right? I mean, if she'd taken them and destroyed them maybe we could say she did it to keep anyone else from taking them and using them or giving them to someone to use... but she didn't destroy them, she placed them on Josh's boat. Was her motivation to frame Josh? Remember Sam is the one that mentioned the fact that Josh had a boat to Ryan and sent Natalia the slip number, so she wanted them to find those drugs and think Josh took them. She lied about not having been on the boat most likely. Unless Josh told her to take the drugs out of lockup and she gave them to him and he put them on the boat. Either way, she had to have known he had them. But I'm unclear on whether or not Josh knew about the drugs being there on his boat or if Sam did that all on her own to frame him (or to later sell the drugs or something).

I was thinking maybe she planted that bug in Josh's phone to trap Josh and Vogel because maybe Vogel was forcing her to do something she didn't want to do (maybe he instructed her to take the drugs and hide them to protect his client). I thought it was kind of silly of her to ask "Am I going to jail?" She's a cop, surely she knew the answer to that question. I just wish they'd told one way or the other if Vogel asked her to take the drugs, if Josh asked her to or if she did it all on her own and why she did it. They didn't explain that and that's the only thing that really bugged me about this episode.

Calleigh's scene with the kids when she found out she was granted custody was sweet. I actually got teary-eyed cause the kids were so happy. I chuckled when Austin put the flower in his hair LOL.

Loved that last scene so much. It's kind of odd that Calleigh wasn't there though. I kind of wish they'd had her call Ryan and say, "Hey, Ryan. Glad you're okay and cleared and sorry about what Sam did". I miss the Ryan/Calleigh friendship. Remember that cute scene in an episode a while ago where Ryan was teasing her about her driving? They sounded like siblings. I miss that kind of interaction between them. Oh well. It was a nice end scene anyway.

I loved the team reassuring Ryan that he wasn't alone and Natalia telling him anyone would be lucky to have him. Their friendly, playful, flirty banter reminded me of Morgan and Garcia on Criminal Minds. I loved Walter's line "you can't find your honey where you make your money" and Tom telling Ryan he should try online dating. Then everyone oohing and ahhing over the picture of Tom's girlfriend. Loved Ryan teasing Frank and then kissing him on the head... so cute. And Ryan calling Eric "bubba"... adorable. And then H joining his team.

In the Ryan/Josh fight, Josh pushed Ryan into the lamp, Ryan hit Josh and then Josh hit Ryan, knocking him out. In the Sam/Josh fight, she asked what he did to Ryan. I don't remember if he said anything or not, but she hit him, only angering him, not hurting him. He turned and hit her or pushed her and then she hit him over the head with the bottle. I don't know if that counts as her being provoked by him or not since she hit first.

I forgot to say there was one more thing that bothered me about this episode: Ryan should have never been allowed to work the case whether he was cleared of any wrong doing or not. He was still a part of the crime scene. At the least, an unconscious witness. Since when do they let "witnesses" investigate the crime scene? I didn't understand that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  9. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Ok let's see now where do I start!?!? First I agree with all of your comments on the epi but I do have a few things on my mind.

I hated it at first that Ryan looked like he tampered with evidence as we were led to believe. I mean I know he wouldn't do that, but it seems every time there is someone in the lab that even SEEMS dirty it has to be Ryan. GRRRRR!:scream:

I did enjoy this epi overall but felt there was something missing. Oh wait! It's the loose endings that didn't get tied up. So Vogel is still alive, Sam is not in jail yet, and the Navarros are like they never existed. WTF!!!! How does this seem like a series ending? :rolleyes: I guess the good thing about all this is that maybe, just maybe, there could be another season. If that's the case and if it is THE last of this show, then at least tie up those old loose endings..............PLEASE!!!!!! And other ones from earlier episodes. I know I keep going on and on about Suzie and Madison but I really would like them to at least be mentioned. Is that too much to ask!!??? :rolleyes:

At the end when Ryan was with Sam, I had tears for him. He was a man in love with a crook, but he also had a broken heart. His portrayal of a jilted friend shows how good an actor Jon Togo is. I hope if the show doesn't come back, at least the actors get new and good shows to work at. I know Eva will possibly be on a new show and may stay with it so I do wish her continued success. A lot remains to be seen.

The adoption is good for Calleigh. I wish her the best. Now as long as Randy doesn't do a prison break we are all good to go. I enjoyed the kind words from Delko to the adoption agency about Cal. She is lucky to have everyone in her life and I am sure they will all be there for her. Good luck to Calleigh and the kids. :):):):)

I really liked that ending with the team all together. Nice to see Frank laugh or at least smile. He's such a sweetie. Delko telling Wolfe they all had his back is a nice touch too. So when Horatio arrives at the bar and mentions he will have a drink if Mr Wolfe buys had me laughing. :lol::lol::lol::lol: I think they all needed to buy Wolfe the drink. :lol::lol::thumbsup:

So it was a good one but I really hope and NEED a new season. Come on CBS TPTB get a new season going. You have enough fans here who want that.

10. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I haven't thought about it while watching the episode but now I see - you, guys, are right.
    What about Navarros? OK Vina's on the run. But Esteban was released or not? Is Diego alive or dead or maybe in prison for hiding his father's murder?

I think there're too many loose ends to be tied in one 40-minutes episode.

11. GregNickRyanFan

Diego was on that machine and that was the only thing keeping him alive. And considering that his mom is the one that put him there, she had no legal rights to take him off the machine. I don't know if the son would have that right or not. If not, then the hospital may have to make that decision. As for Esteban, he's probably still in jail. This episode was right after the last one, so there hasn't been enough time passed yet for all of the releases, so he's probably still there. This was still supposed to be the same day/night as the last episode.

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

THat's the only problem with the shorter seasons. A couple of storylines never got to play out to their full conclusions.

13. GregNickRyanFan

That's very true.

14. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Don't hate me, but I'm ready to let go.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That didn't bother me at all . I know of at least another instance when a CSI shouldn't have been investigating but it happened. For some reason there was no problem seen with that particular episode.