Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:NY

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

So, we are at the end of season 7. Which could have been the last.

Lets get things moving as we wait for season 8.

Remember this is a debate thread, someone will disagree with you. They are not wrong, just have a difference of opinion. Please remember that when you are posting.

Let's also keep these threads as general as possible. If there is a specific spoiler for a specific couple/pairing please post that in their thread using the spoiler tags.

So lets see....

Mac and Stella. She left to run her own lab in New Orleans. Does she talk to Mac? Are they in communication? Or has she moved on without looking back?

Mac and Jo. She's the new assistant. Are there sparks between them or just a good partner bond? Would they make a good romantic couple or they more suited to being work partners?

Danny and Lindsay. Danny passed his Seargants exam. What does that mean for their relationship? Their marriage? Will the daily stresses of being two working parents eventually take it's toll on their marriage?

Sheldon and Camile. She lured him away from work. Will he continue to do so just to be with her? Is she really bad news for him and his career? Will they make it work?

Detective Flack. Is he over Jessica? It's been two years. Is he ready to move on? Find a new love interest?

Remember people, we can be civil to one another and have a difference of opinion.

Happy Posting. :D

2. xxzertox

xxzertox Civilian

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  3. kilersiman

kilersiman Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was always a Mac and Stella shipper. I think they got each other and that their friendship could've easily evolved to the next step. I do think it makes sense for them to talk to each other. It would be logical for Stella to consult with Mac while she gets the hang of things running her own crime lab. But even if they don't have a professional conversation I do think they would like to know how each other is doing because they did have a close friendship. I don't expect the writers to mention Stella every other episode but I have been kind of expecting they give Mac a moment to say something about her. Giving Lindsay (whom I think was the least close to Stella) both her mentions has been dissapointing to say the least.

I love Mac and Jo. She definitely brings out a side of Mac we rarely see. I like that he gets flustered with her and doesn't quite know what to do or say. I like the fact that they confide in each other and that it has seemed natural and not forced. She really understands and cares for him. He really respects and trusts her. I think the foundation is there, the chemistry is there, and we've had flirty moments here and there so it would not come out of left field. If I can't get Jo and Flack then I definitely will take Jo and Mac ;).

I know that a lot of people dislike that there are so many references to the fact that they are married, but I don't mind them that much. I actually laugh more than I cringe :lol:. I've always been neutral about these two. They are not my top characters so I'm indifferent to whatever happens to them.

I do think that Camile is a bad influence for him. I sound like my mom :lol:. But no, I don't really like her and I don't like what she does to his character. Hawkes has always been a kind, noble, just generally nice guy. She's like a teenage girl who just left for college 3,000 miles from home and needs to explore liiiffffeeee :rolleyes:. He is a grown, professional individual and I do think she brings him down.

I do think he is in a better place now. Some time has gone by and he seems more like the old Flack. This next season could be the last one so it'd be nice to see him find someone and be happy.

5. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Kicks football but the ball goes outside the goalposts*

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2011
  6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'll add my cents here.

I adore Mac and Stella. Always have. They have the Cath/Gil feel from CSI. Which was great to see. The friendship, the respect and of course the sexual tension between them. If I wanted a couple to get together on CSI NY it would have been Mac and Stella. I do believe it could have worked between them on the show.

Sadly now that she's gone, I don't have that feeling any more. I don't know what it is, but I don't see them carrying on any longer. Perhaps it was the way Melina left, and that the show didn't seem to mention Stella, not even Mac. :confused: I hope next season we get some sort of Stella mention.

~~~

Mac/Jo. I can definitely see why people ship them. There was some sexual tension between them as well. They bonded right away as partners and they have that respect between them. But as much as I liked Mac/Stella I didn't want for Mac and Jo to get together. I preferred to see them working as a team and as equals rather than a couple.

~~~

Never cared for Danny and Lindsay. I think she brought him down. I don't think she respects him at all. I think she talks down to him and makes him feel less worthy. That's the feeling I get from their relationship.

I didn't like how they got together. It would have been a lot more interesting between them if they didn't get married and become this happy family after she found out she was pregnant. I would have enjoyed their relationship a whole lot better.

To me, Danny had much more chemistry with Rikki Sandoval than with Lindsay.

I'm curious now that he's on 'the fast track' how it will affect their marriage.

~~~

I loved Flack/Angell. Reminded me of Catherine and Vartann from CSI. Both cops, both eye candy ;) and both knew the rigors of the job. Their relationship was also subtle and not overdone. They didn't work every case together and there was not mushy scenes between them. Just the way I like it. :D

7. modisens

modisens Victim

[spam]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  8. LIE

LIE Victim

I was never a SMACKED fan. To me, they had such a friend relationship. Plus, Stella is such a powerful, badass woman figure. Her falling in love would just be... odd. However, her one night stand with Adam? Yes. If that had developed further, I might could see it.

So my flawless ships are:

Jac
    Danny/Lindsay
    Adam/Stella (Pre-season 7)
    Adam/Sheldon (During and Post-season 7)
    Sid/Me (Haha...?)

And how many people would hate me if I suggested Flackcest?
    Yes weird I know okay.

9. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I agree with you on all points. You practically wrote down what A lot of others , as well as myself were thinking.

10. FlackStavros

FlackStavros Victim

Danny/Flack.... 'Nuff said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Hello FlackStavros :)

This is a debate thread so try to back why you think your ship is great

Also I brought up the Danny/Flack thread :)

12. FlackStavros

FlackStavros Victim

okay.. here i go ;)

i ship Danny/Flack because they are perfect for each other, they know the other's ups and downs and they proved throughout the show that their relationship is unbreakable, Flack believed in Danny when everyone else gave him the cold shoulder and Danny has been with Flack through all the thick and thin...

it really sucks that the show didn't want to go there because it would have been something different in relation to how badly the whole CSI franchise have featured the LGBT community in all three shows, but as long as the show is on the air, i have hope...

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

And last but certainly not least :)

Been bringing up each debate thread, discuss and debate to your heart's desire

:)

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Thought I'd bump the good ol' CSI:NY debate thread! :D

Oh man, I don't even know what I've said in here before, it's been ages. I should look through the thread at my old posts, but I was probably just angry about stuff. :p

I'm pretty zen about ships from CSI: NY these days. I kinda laugh, looking back at how much Danny/Lindsay grated on me back in the day. But that's what happens when you get invested in a show and the ships, I guess. Now that I have some distance, I don't really care much about D/L anymore--I still prefer Danny/Flack, and part of me will always wish the show had ~gone there, but I know it wasn't ever going to happen. Fandom and fanfic was a gift, in that regard.

Also, I was more into Flack with Mac and (especially) Jo by the end, oops! *looks at icon* Yep, loving any combination of those three, particularly together. (After thinking about what I just posted in the CSI: Cyber debate thread, I'm wondering if I've just developed an interest in fictional poly relationships, lol!) I didn't have anything against Mac's girlfriend, I thought they were cute and was rooting for him in a canon sense, but in fandom land I'm all about him with Flack and Jo. I can't even really explain why I like those three, I've always had a bit of trouble shipping Mac seriously for some reason... (I think headcanons and fanfic ideas that never came to fruition caused certain preferences to develop, but that's something that only makes sense to me.)

Danny/Flack will always be my OTP, though. But in terms of interpreting canon and enjoying things that way, by the time the show ended I'd distanced myself from Danny a bit (in a shipping sense) and preferred Flack with Mac and Jo. So yeah, if that makes sense! ;)

Anyway, Hawkes/Adam is still one of my faves that had very little canon to back it up. (I still love when Hawkes reared up off the morgue slab in "Snow Day" with the saw and got pissed when he saw that guy with Adam's badge, though. I have started forgetting a lot of stuff from this show, but that I haven't forgotten, lol!) Nerdy adorable men, separately and together IMO. :p I'm still a bit :eek: about that brief foray into Stella/Adam that went nowhere. Otherwise I don't think I have any strong opinions about canon/fanon ships for those two, at least not these days. (Ooh, but Hawkes/Stella was always A+ ;))

Now I'm just rambling! Someone else needs to come in and debate with me or something, lol. Tell me why I'm wrong! (Or confirm that I'm right, that works too. ;) I kid, I kid.)