Grade 'Unwrapped'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 4, 2012.

?

How would you grade Unwrapped?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. A-

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. B

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. B-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

The dip in ratings have more to do with the time of the year rather than the show itself. Just about every series on every network has been down in the ratings since the new episodes returned for May sweeps. The old broadcast standard is broken. With an earlier Daylights Savings Time, viewers get used to doing other things during an endless parade of repeats in March and April, and they just aren't returning in May.

According to deadline.com, the future of the CSI spinoffs may be decided today. Bruckheimer has invited Les Moonves and Julie Chen as his guests for the Kentucky Derby, and there is no doubt that they will be discussing the budgets for each show and what is necessary in order for them to return. I know all three CSI's swept the most watch drama in the world category for the upcoming Monte Carlo TV Festival, and CBS could possibly still make a profit if they produced another season of both shows. Personally, I would love to see both of them get 13-episode final season orders, and CBS could air them in their original Monday and Wednesday timeslots during December, January, and February to help cut down on the amount of H50 and CSI repeats next season.

2. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Just curious, do you have a link? I'd like to read the article if I could. :p

As for the episode, pretty good case. But a bit unbalanced screen time for everyone. CSI: NY is usually good at giving everyone a fair amount of screen time but the last few episodes have been iffy. Maybe it's just because the writers are slacking at the end of the season.

BTW, wasn't Lucy supposed to be in this episode, or is she going to be in the finale? :confused:

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

That "international press" regarding people not liking them together are the shippers who HATE that Mac is going out with anyone besides who they've deemed fit. The two most common camps are the Smackies (Mac/Stella) who are still around, and JAC (Mac/Jo) who are livid that Mac is in a relationship with Christine. I promise, the objective viewer and the majority truly don't care. And like MacsLady very aptly put, the ratings have nothing to do with what happens with a given relationship or character(s).

Not entirely sure what you mean here, and I'm sure it's a language thing because them being alone would only be a greater catalyst for them to kiss.

Unless you mean that they don't show them kissing when they're alone on the show....? And please, if they didn't make out at some point during the evening when he made her dinner I'd be shocked. Absolutely and utterly stunned. Did you see the looks on their faces and close Mac kept their body language when he was with her? Just because they cut the episode off before they ate doesn't mean nothing happened.

And as for it being only friendship, his face has never lit up the way it does when she calls him or he calls her or they're together. Never. Not with Jo who's clearly a very close friend. Not with Peyton who he was with in an actual relationship for almost 2 years. The only time he's been this happy was when we saw him with Claire in 'Indelible'. And that should tell people something very significant. Not to mention that not even Peyton replaced the lab and his work in significance in his life. But he admitted to Christine that she had. "But now I have you," is what he told her. That is not just friendship.

No, not always. Since Claire died, yes. In 'Indelible', no. Again, this only goes to show the depth to which he has true feelings for Christine.

And maybe it's different between our two countries, but it wouldn't be impossible/forbidden for them to share that little kiss in a back corner the way they did, even if he is the boss of the whole place. He's just never been with someone who's he's felt comfortable with before. Now, it would be very shady if Christine worked with him; but she doesn't. Plus, like I said before it's not like they're sloppily making in the middle of the lab or even in his office. What they did was perfectly acceptable.

And just to clarify, I don't ship Mac and Christine specifically. I just want the poor man to be truly happy again like he was with Claire. And now he is. Ergo, I like Christine. But I would like whoever it had happened to be that brought that smile we saw with him and Claire back to his face.
    :)

4. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I liked this episode. Everyone got a reasonable share of screen time and Hawkes got more than normal.

I never really warmed to Christine before, but I did in this episode. Her remarks in the toy store were cute. I liked when she told Mac to "go solve crime". And I saw a definite connection between them at the end. She's growing on me.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'm starting to like Christine too but have been for awhile. I think if it's the last season, let him be happy and they go off in the sunset.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

^I say the same thing...I try not to go too deep into detail in the general area, but Mac&AdamFan said it well. I definitely see a lot more with this pairing than with him and Peyton. I can't deny some of my dislike of Peyton was due to being a diehard Smacked shipper at the time, but I just didn't like the dynamic like I do this time around. (and that's despite having shifted into the Mac/Jo camp a bit.)

re Lucy, I think that was the same mistake I made, I got my eps mixed up...I can't say much here though, it's not the spoiler thread.

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Many thanks for many opinions. I wanted to wake sometimes the forum once again. It had fallen asleep a little. Christine is not really interesting for me. She is too unimportant in the serial.I have reached there by my destination. Sorry!!!!!!!
    I wish only one Season 9 with more action from Mac and more work in his lab.

8. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/the-csi-franchise-reigns-globally-but-will-it-stay-intact-next-season/

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/primetime-pilot-panic-3rd-hot-list-update/

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I've just watched the clip again and IMO Adam's reaction is pretty much a kind of 'go, Boss Man!' one. I think he's impressed that Mac got himself such a pretty lady (who tends to go overboard on gift-buying). Kind of like a little brother who is impressed when his big bro brings home a pretty girl. And I think he's pleased to see Mac happy, too. Not in as 'knowing' a way as Flack or Jo, but in his own, quiet little Adam way.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I like the Mac & Christine relationship. And trust me folks,as someone who has watched many a crime show,their relationship is hardly in your face. A couple minutes devoted to them hasn't hurt the show at all.
    As for the case,I enjoyed it. Everyone got good screen time and there were enough twists and turns to keep me engaged.

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

This was upsetting. I thought the episode was one of the best since the show returned at the end of March. The case was great. It had the feel of a classic episode. I also loved the team moments and Mac and Christine were sweet. I give it an A.

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

But like I pointed out over on the ratings thread, just look at how terribly every single network did this past Fri night - http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...k-tank-up-as-entire-abc-line-up-rises/132553/ Don't forget, 'The Avengers' opened Fri and grossed $80.5 million. TV was kind of neglected even more than usual. The fact that NY only went down 0.1 in the demo and actually pulled in more viewers than last week, I'd view as almost a positive in the grand scheme of things. Although I'm not quite sure how much ratings count this close to upfronts...

13. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Because those people don't like Mac and Christine and therefore assume that nobody else likes them either. Simple. Nobody ever blames a plot/pairing that they like for a drop in ratings, oh no, it's always poster X doesn't like something, therefore it's ruining the show, ratings are going down, the show will be cancelled, yadda yadda yadda.

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Very well put. It's never that, oh I don't know, the writing quality of the show declines and episodes start routinely coming across as sloppy and gimmicky or just plain lazy...

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked the episode. It was interesting, there were some good character moments like the scene when Jo and Lindsay teased Sheldon. I have to say that Sheldon is by far my least favorite and in this episode I found myself actually liking him a bit more. He wasn't as carton cut out as I usually find him.

The only moment during the case when I rolled my eyes was when the lady screamed they had kidnapped her daughter. OF COURSE they had! That's so overused, but since the rest was pretty interesting I won't dwell in this detail.

As for Cristine... well I think shipping has a lot of different factors and we like who we like and it's all very subjective. I think that the smile on Mac's face was there with Claire, yes, but I also think that Jo brings out in him the same smile and gets him to unwind and relax a lot more than any other woman has on this show. So that's what I see. Cristine is nice and a good person, but I just like much more what Jo brings out of him *shrugs*. It's a more relaxed, fun Mac than with Cristine.

I give this one a B+.