**Spoiler Lab** Season 7 - Get Your Daily Fix!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I found this earlier for episode 7x16--Sink or Swim:

STORY LINE
    Horatio's team investgates the murder of Derek Powell's fiancee NADINE WALCOTT, but their case is sidetracked when Delko, who has evidence against KEN TABER, their prime suspect, is thrown into jail by the INS for failing to address the issue of his forged birth certificate--and he gets no help from his natural father, ALEX SHAROVA...

source: Spoiler TV

OMG! :eek:

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Aaahhhh yes. I wondered how they'd deal with this issue. Eric is not an American citizen. Through no fault of his own. But he does need to deal with the issue.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I haven't seen these spoilers pop at my site yet....so I am very interested to read them when they do!

However, IDK about this whole american citizenship thing b/c once you touch American soul from Cuba (Wet Foot/Dry Foot) you are pretty much granted asylum. Plus he has done everything as an American citizen. He had no idea, up until recently, that was NOT born in this country and then they would have to deport his entire family b/c they came over in the same boat he did! He didn't know it was forged until recently....so now that he has his real one....I don't get what the big deal is about his fake one?????

Can someone help me with this cuz seriously I am confused.

It is an interesting idea but in all honestly, I find it a little dumb. I kind of like the idea about his father etc but this is a little rediculous.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

It would be funny though to watch him have to take a citizenship test to become a US citizen. Just imagine having grown up thinking you are a US citizen and then finding out that technically you aren't. And then having to take a test to become one. Poor guy.

5. delkolover

I have to admit now that I read some more of the spoilers, I understand a little more. :lol: Things make a lot more sense.

Yelina is in the ep for those who are interested! ;)

It will be interesting to see what his real father is like! ;)

6. Evil Giddy

Evil Giddy Victim

7. delkolover

8. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am anxious to see this episode. This is going to be good. Poor Eric.

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Just when you think it can't get any worse! Why couldn't he just leave his birth certificate alone!:eek::(

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have a question. If he's not a legal US resident, does that void his whole wages being garnished to pay off that woman of the man he beat up (to protect her)? Or would he still have that pay that?

11. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

he's not in the U.S. illegally, he could probably only be charged with fraud.

12. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Yes if they really want to push it they can hold him responsible for not taking care of this earlier like the spoiler is say he found out but has not taken care of it! Plus its the Gov. they get the right people greasing that palm, like you say it his word against theirs! By the way Who tips the INS off to his Illigal BirthCertificate anway HHMMMM?

He could be Deported or at the least they can cause him alot of problems! I see Stetler enter the picture somewhere in the midst of all this! The question will be, Is he going to be Friend Or Foe! Enquiring minds want to know!

13. delkolover

Considering he was the case in the last episode that information would be part of the investigation and therefore pretty much public knowledge. I mean someone could still tip off INS but if the information was put into the departments database then....I would think it would be easy for the INS to find out.

I don't think he is going to be deported....we all know it will work out in the end ;)

My biggest concern right now is whether or not we will see the entire season of this show considering a SAG striking could be looming :rolleyes: Check out TVGuide.com!!

14. Evil Giddy

Evil Giddy Victim

I remembered this story and thought it was relevant to the whole thing coming up with Eric's immigration issues.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/onset?id=1514&template=article.html

I think it turned out that this woman's parents became naturalized citizens before she was 18, which made her a naturalized citizen by default.

My apologies if I'm a bit zealous with this but it is sort of close to home for me in that my family came from Cuba in 1970, and I know the legal issues they had to deal with in trying to leave and getting their lives together here. I'm also a citizenship teacher and I see how hard my students work at studying for the test, which is not an easy test to study for, because they really want to be American citizens. It's interesting to me that this character we've come to care for has to deal with this *now* as an adult who has suddenly been slapped with the reality that his concept of who he is and believes to be isn't true. Very interesting storyline.

15. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Thanks for the info EG. Reading that makes me realize that there are a ton of interesting storylines they can write around this issue. I can't wait to see how they (the writers) handle this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.