The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Jun 26, 2009.

1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Post your condolences for celebrities who have passed away here. :)

2. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

This has been a rough week for celebrity deaths. They seem to come in groups of three, but not usually such big star power threes.

MJ - he was certainly odd, and needed help, but the artist/performer part of him was brilliant. "Thriller" is absolute genius. For me that album was basically the soundtrack of my junior high years, and I strongly associate the music with that time of my life.

Farrah - I was just a child when "Charlie's Angels" was on but I do remember her being the quintessential icon of 1970's beauty, and I really admired her strength in recent years in battling cancer. It seems to be something that had been an issue all her life - she was just a month old when she had a tumour removed from her digestive tract. It might not have been cancerous then, but might have led to it later. I nearly lost it when I heard Ryan O'Neal's tribute to her, and they never did get that wedding done after all....

And Ed - I couldn't head off to bed in college without at least hearing Carson's monologue and Ed introducing him. Wonder what antics those two are up to now....

RIP, you three, and peace also to your familes.

3. Whit

Whit Prime Suspect

RIP Ed, Farrah, and Michael...such a tragic week :(

4. lal

lal Pathologist

RIP Farrah, Ed , and Michael :(

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

It's shocking and tragic indeed. May Michael and Farrah rest in peace.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

it's funny, here in britain we've been saying the same, but our 3rd person has been different - i didn't know about ed mcmahon, but a very famous british music journalist/author/poet/artist (steven wells, aka swells) just died and everyone seems to think that's the 3rd, at least over here. i guess maybe they come in 4s.

7. Yoshi

Yoshi Basement Moderator Moderator

I only found out about Swells last night :( It's been a bad week.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i loved swells, he often made me intensely angry but he was very good at what he did and even though i didn't always agree with his writing, i always read it. plus, he was a big proponent of the manics in their early years (and directed one of their videos!) - and later ranted about how terrible they've become in their latter years - which makes him pretty cool in my book :)

9. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I've never heard about Swells but may he rest in peace. As for Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, R.I.P. as well.

I can't believe Michael died so suddenly. I mean Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon had cancer and so their death wasn't quite as shocking, but Michael Jackson's was just wow.

I just found about him passing from this thread. And the creepy thing is that last night I was on Grupthink.com and they had a poll saying that "hypothetically" if Michael Jackson died, what would you remember him for?

I would remember him for his music, not all the controversy that's been surrounding him the past few years. He was still a talented musiciam and will be missed.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Sky Saxon of '60s rock band the Seeds dies
    Thu Jun 25, 6:08 pm ET
    By JIM VERTUNO, Associated Press Writer

AUSTIN, Texas – Sky Saxon, lead singer and founder of the 1960s band the "Seeds," who had a Top 40 hit in 1967 with "Pushin' Too Hard," has died after a brief illness.

Publicist Jen Marchand said Saxon died Thursday but did not have other details. He was in his 60s.

The Seeds sprang up in California, and their garage-band sound with Saxon's distinctive vocals became a favorite of the flower power generation. Another hit single of 1967 was "Can't Seem to Make You Mine" and their song "Mr. Farmer" was included in the soundtrack for the movie "Almost Famous."

The Mick Jagger-influenced vocals by Saxon (born Richard Marsh) dominated the sound and in turn influenced later punk rockers.

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ugh, what a tragic week. R.I.P to everyone especially Farrah and Micheal since they've been the ones I knew.

Well Farrah had cancer and it was quite sure she was going to leave this world very soon, still it is tragic.

As for Micheal...I really have no words. I couldn't believe it this morning when I watched the news. He was very young and even if he was a strange person, he was the king of pop!!! I truely wish he'll be remembered just for his music ;)

God bless all of them ;)

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I am still in shock .Thriller is still my favorite album of all time.RIP.:(

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] what a horrible day it was yesterday:( First get a call about Farrah, she fought bravely for her life and was a strong powerful women against this horrible disease. may she RIP then I got a call about Michael, and was in disbelief. A talent like no one else, who didn't watch "Thriller" in complete amazement and his extrodinary dancing and who could move like him..no one..who could do the "Moon Walk" no one. He did turn weird later on to say the least, and the accusations against him tarnished his image, but not his talent. So 3 in the same week, Ed, Farrah, and Michael spooky. Some others who went way before their time. Elvis, John Lennon, and now him. May he RIP

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  14. Dany

Dany Victim

it was around midnight here (3pm pacific) as I got the news "Michael Jackson rushed to hospital after a cardiac arrest". I was shocked. Just heard of Ed and Farrah and I thought: damn, you cannot make him the third! But as a fact, he was already dead at this time, but that has been released later.

I watched CNN till 4am or something like that, and now I still cant believe, Michael Jackson is dead. I've never been that big fan. He maybe was a strange person, but he was talented like noone else. His music is ingenious. Whereever you go all around the globe, everybody knows him.

Thriller, Bad - those were my childhood. Dangerous was my youth.

Michael Jackson may be dead. But the King of Pop will live forever. Thank you for the music, Michael :( R.I.P.

Haven't been shocked by a celeb death like this since Robert Palmer passed away since I met him just 2 weeks before his death and saw his very last live performance.
    Again, a time the world of music stands still and lost one of its really greats.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think its a shame that Farrah's death is being over shadowed by Michael's. That's the media for ya.