"Family Affair" Tenth Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, September 24, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#1001) "Family Affair"

THE CSI TEAM WORKS THE CASE OF A FAMOUS YOUNG ACTRESS TRAGICALLY KILLED DURING A SUSPICIOUS CAR ACCIDENT, ON THE TENTH SEASON PREMIERE. - The CSI team, with the unexpected but welcome return of Sara, comes together to investigate the death of a famous young actress killed in a dubious traffic collision, but the team finds out there's more to this tragedy than meets the eye. - At the end of the episode look for the introduction of the new seriel killer Dr Jekyll. And both Langston and Stokes will receive promotions from lab chief Catherine Willows. Facilitated by the arrival of Sara Sidle.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Dr. Raymond Langston...... Laurence Fishburne
    Catherine Willows.............. Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes................................ George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass....................... Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders.............................. Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins......................... Robert David Hall
    David Phillips............................. David Berman
    Hodges................................ Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms................................. Liz Vassey

RECURRING CAST:
    Sara Sidle......................................... Jorja Fox
    Conrad Ecklie................................ Marc Vann
    Henry Andrews............................. Jon Wellner

GUEST CAST:
    Officer Akers.............................. Larry Sullivan
    Tom O'Neill............................. Garret Dillahunt
    Denny Ocampo................................ Brian Tee
    Richard Wilkes......................... Morgan Rusler
    Olivia Hamilton............................ Tahyna Tozzi
    E.R. Doctor................... Michael Bryan French
    Hotel Manager........................... David Sullivan
    Paula Francis............................... Paula Francis
    CSI Receptionist........................... Toni Wynne

TELEPLAY BY: Bradley Thompson & David Weddle
    STORY BY: Naren Shankar, one of the series' executive producers
    DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

THANKS TO:
    The Futon Critic, Tv.com & The TalkCSI Members.

2. col1990

col1990 Victim

I can't wait for this premiere. The promo with all the still shots are absolutely awesome.

I hear that it is a two part episode in that the Dr. Jekyll serial killer is introduced at the end of the first ep.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

So I'm watching the video that Princess posted in the spoiler lab and I found something interesting: none of us would make good CSIs. :lol: Why?

Because for all the time that the 'stop action' promo has been out and now this look behind the scenes that is seems none of us have noticed the...

wait for it...
    wait for it...
    wait for it...

the gold band that's on Sara's finger. Guess that rumor is true. :rolleyes:

4. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Comments about the Sara's Back video from CBS. Well I have to say that I'm more excited to see this episode. I think maybe, just maybe they are getting back their groove. It's been a long time since Sara and Nick enjoyed a chuckle over anything. It's been a long time since we saw Greg actually really happy(and looking especially adorable).

And my favorite part is Sara's statement to Catherine. Goes to show that all the supposed cattiness these two women had over the years didn't undermine their respect for each other's talents. Grissom's job was made easier by Catherine and now as it was mentioned I think Nick is going to become the right and left hands that Catherine needs to be an effective leader.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah, we have been discussing it on the GSR threads. Safer there. lol :)

Loved the hug between Greg and Sara, scene between Cath and Sara, and scenes with Nick and Sara.
    And, Super Dave and Doc in action!
    Still don't know who calls Sara. Pretty sure it's not Catherine now. I guess it's down to Greg or Ecklie.

Overall, a fantastic video! Thanks for posting, princess.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Greg looked pretty surprised to see Sara, so I don't think he's the one that called her. Ecklie said something about calling in help. He said "I'm bringing you somebody." I thought he said somebody new then it showed Sara asking if it was a bad time. LOL.

Aww, Greg looked really happy to see Sara. Cute smile. :adore: And I love the hug! :D

I thought the "Hi, guys. Is this a bad time?" followed by that smirk was very cute and funny. :lol:

The scene where Sara and Nick are going through that evidence and Nick makes a sound like it smells.. then he and Sara look at each other and smile and kind of laugh. :lol: Love that.

And I love the Cath/Sara scene. "You're a great CSI and you know how to manage your team. The only thing Grissom had that you don't is ... you." Hmm... is that what causes Cath to promote Nicky?

7. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

That's what I thought when I first saw it. But hasn't Nick sorta been like that to her already?

8. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I think there's a difference from assuming the part and actually having it. The only thing we know is that Nick has the senority to be next in line and also he was left in charge in Gone Dead Train. But officially promoting him I think establishes to Catherine that she can put some of the load on him. It sounds like maybe she might have tried to do it all herself, not realizing that even Grissom didn't do that. Because he had her and he let her. I just don't think that Catherine saw it that way hence her somewhat astonished expression when Sara said it....

9. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

The 'Sara's Back' video has definitely made me more excited for the premiere. I loved SuperDave in action and the Doc hitting that guy with his cane :lol:

I think the title of the book Nick was reading was "Caring for your arachnid'. Which makes sense because he was holding some sort of arachnid in one of the clips from the CTV promo.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, I'm still not buying the whole 'sara can be and wants to a CSI again' thing, however I do like that scene with her and Catherine. I like what she said and that I can buy.

I really liked how she said "the one thing that Grissom had, that you don't, is you." Yup, Grissom would have been lost many times if it wasn't for Catherine. :lol:

Of course, Catherine has always been Grissom's right hand even before she because a supervisor.

11. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah, I don't buy that either... it really makes no sense.

But the more I like the scene between and Catherine :D It sure could be that Catherine forgot about some important things while being stressed with leading the understaffed nightshift.

She had always been Grissom's right hand and as she took the lead she didn't give some tasks to other members of the team because she simply didn't know better.

I like that Sara didn't say something like "You need to promote Nick!" That means Cath gets the clue herself that she needs to give a few tasks away :) Can't wait for the season premiere now :D

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Is there a really clear version of the CTV promo? Cause the one I've seen is not

I hope the spider was in a case because I wouldn't want to touch it

I just had a thought.....what if the spider is a gift from Sara or Grissom? Maybe one of them heard about Nick attending the bug conference and wanted to help him out in learning more about the creepy crawlies? Or am I just reaching now?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I love the Cath/Sara scene. Women in power tend to want to do everything themselves; that's how they became successful. They're overachievers and are not good at asking for help. Sara gives Catherine a new perspective, and renewed confidence in herself.
    I really, really want to see some more Cath/Sara interaction during Sara's return.

14. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I love the Catherine/Sara scene. To me it really explained how Grissom was as a leader, he always had Catherine at his side no matter what, and sometimes im sure she didn't even realise how much of an important role she played for him. I never liked Grissom's leadership skills, to me Catherine was even more of a leader than he was, but thats just my opinion. Maybe Catherine didn't actually know what role she was to Grissom and thats why she is taking all the responsibility onto herself. She never understood that Grissom would struggle without her.

The saying "behind every man there's a great woman" come to mind :)

15. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I absolutely agree with you on that one :)

It's great that she has some faith in Nick to be her assistent supervisor. I really like the two together :D