CSI SpinOffs in Limbo

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by jimihendrix, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I just saw this on Xfinity/Comcast.net Home Page. Both CSI Miami and NY are in Limbo, which means, not contracts have been finalized by CBS. The link is below:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv...series-but-no-word-on-two-and-a-half-men-yet/

Also, Two and One Half Men maybe in trouble as well, and I can see that show going away, but not the two CSI spinoff shows. If anybody finds out any more information, post it!:confused:

Peace

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Moved this over to the GenCSI forum, as it's likely people will be discussing both CSI:NY and CSI:Miami, rather than just Miami. :) That way fans of both shows (or all three) can participate in this general setting.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There probably won't be a ninth season of CSI:NY, although a tiny part of me hopes that the network will bring it back for another year. I think CSI: Miami has more of a chance of returning, but I'm waiting to see what gets decided.

They're going to torture me by making me wait for months to find out if my shows are coming back. :lol:

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yeah, they practically renewed all the CBS shows, except New York & Miami. They sure love to torture us!!! :p

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I agree. Don't like 'limbo'... I'd be surprised if they cancel both, and on that basis I imagine Miami is safer than New York. But who knows? They could yet surprise us (and probably not in a good way).

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

First of all let me say congratulations to all the CSI fans! You will have plenty to talk about and be enjoying your show for another year :D

I am keeping my fingers crossed but am confident Miami will be renewed.

7. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Whether it's Miami, NY, or both shows that gets canceled I will always remember the CSI franchise. With almost 700 episodes and 30 seasons across all 3 shows, I think the franchise was mighty successful.

I am now 100% convinced that one of the CSI shows will be ending this year. Personally, I think it will be NY, but it could go either way.

No matter what though, next year just won't be the same without all 3 CSI shows on the air. :(

8. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I keep try to post on here, but I get cut off, there is a storm going over top of us now.

Electronic Petitions and Emails won't work!

Nancy Tellem, President of CBS Network Television Entertainment said last year that CSI NY and CSI Miami would remain on as long as people will watching them. Let's make her hold up to what she said!

Here is the link to the CBS Corporation in New York. MAKE SOME NOISE, call every day and bug the heck out of Nancy's staff and secretary!

http://www.cbscorporation.com/

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I doubt CSI: Miami, Horatio and his sunglasses are in any danger of forced retirement after this season. Besides, nobody messes with Horatio except those who wanted themselves vaporized.

Well CSI: NY I hope it gets renewed or else I don't have any reason to watch CBS Friday. As well as other NY fans right!? No one tunes to CBS Friday if NY gets the boot. Leave Blue Bloods to grandpa and grandma and just have them tell you what the Raegan family talked over the Sunday dinner before you sleep. Grimm is fine!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  10. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

CANCEL THE GOOD WIFE, BLUE BLOODS, AND NCSI LOS ANGELES. all those show stink in comparison to CSI, SAVE NY AND MIAMI. call cbs, mail them, make your voices heard if you want to save these SHOWWSSS :scream:

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Lego,

Be cool my brother, those are not bad shows, but I could do without "The Good Wife"! We need to set our minds back to the late 60's, the generation before me, "The Hippie Generation", and protest to CBS! Heck, if we all have to, lets to New York, set up tents in front of the CBS Building and have signs up to support Miami and NY.:)

I don't have Twitter, and if I had it, I wouldn't know how to use it, but for those of you who do, start sending out massive tweets about this. I think the whole country should know that Nancy Teller, President of CBS, lied to us last year! I want to know if she has lied to us in an article I saw when reporters interviewed her about the future of CSI Miami and New York.:confused:

In all due respect, let's have a "peaceful protest"!

Peace to all CSI Fans!

12. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

This is not a good sign for CSI: NY or Miami but I'm still hopeful. Miami has had more viewership and a stronger fan base from the start (no offense to NY fans, those are just the facts) and I'm hoping CBS will take that into consideration along with the fact that Miami is performing well this season given the circumstances. But if it is the end, all I ask for is a good, satisfying ending that will leave everyone thinking about the show overall in a positive way.

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I'm shocked Miami wasn't renewed in this batch. I have no hope left for NY now that CBS is plotting a move to Friday for the Mentalist, though.

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Why was Good Wife renewed so quickly? Their ratings have been tanking, and CSIM consistently beats them. It may be simply economics; Good Wife is much less expensive to produce. Do you think CBS is waiting to see how the cop show does in Miami's slot? The previews sure don't make me want to watch it.

15. Alessia

Alessia Dead on Arrival

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.