Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Our last thread was just a few posts away from 1,000, so I thought it'd be best to start a new one before another busy discussion got started.

To catch you all up...

8.09 "Means to an End"

~ There's a flashback to the rape case in DC. Senator Matthews contacted the FBI director and requested help from the crime lab after Serena was raped. He didn't want to deal with the police because he wanted to protect his daughter from the press, news conferences, etc - that's also why he didn't take her to a hospital. Jo and a man from the FBI crime lab, Frank, went to the Senator's house to process Serena.

~ Jo sees Frank in the courtroom in the present, after the preliminary hearing for John Curtis's current case. They have lunch together, and Jo finds out that he got divorced, and his ex-wife took their kids and moved to Indiana. A lot has changed in the past two years, but Jo had no idea - she might have tried to call him if she thought he would have answered. Jo says she's sorry about what happened in DC, but she doesn't regret turning him in after he made a mistake with the DNA evidence and then tried to cover it up. He knows he messed up, and he accepts that, but he still blames her for turning him in.​

8.11 "Who's There?":

~ Ron and Elizabeth are having dinner in their Upper West Side home when they hear the doorbell ring. Elizabeth heads to the door and looks through the peephole. She sees a package sitting outside, so she opens the door--and promptly gets pushed aside by a pair of attackers in ski masks. These two people tape their hands and mouths and demand access to Ron's safe--rich people like them always have a safe. They protest at first, but Ron acquiesces when one of the attackers holds a gun to his head. He leads the attacker into his office and lets the person empty the safe. Ron is able to get free of the tape around his wrists and starts to struggle with the attacker, pulling off the man's ski mask. Elizabeth gets a good look at him, but she doesn't know him. The man hits Ron and knocks him unconscious, and Elizabeth is forced into another room at gunpoint. They tape her feet together and tell her not to move or she'll be killed. She waits in the room until she's sure they're gone, then she crawls her way into the other room to her husband's side--but Ron is dead.

~ Ron is involved in real estate, and Mac has seen his face on billboards around the city.

~ Ron and Elizabeth's marriage is on the rocks, and it has been causing problems between Ron and his business partner, Phillip.

~ It looks like Lindsay and Flack have a scene together. They have some banter about the difference between men and women, and they go after a suspect.​

Miscellaneous:

~ These links for TV Line and TV Guide are older, but the information about Jo's past is still relevant. (Thanks to Perfect Anomaly.) Some of the information in this CSI Files post is still relevant as well.

~ According to TV Guide, Olivia Crocicchia will be in episode 8.07 as a high school student who becomes a suspect after a classmate who humiliated her ends up dead.

~ 8.07 (scheduled to air November 4) will be the first of a three-episode arc that will feature the rape case from Jo's past in DC (the one she told Lindsay about in "Vigilante" last season). According to Entertainment Weekly, a young woman named Ali (played by Beau Garrett) accuses John Curtis (Jason Wiles) of raping her. The site also posted that Jeffrey Nordling will play Senator Matthews. The Senator's daughter Serena (Jenn Proske) was the victim in the original case, and he comes to New York after Curtis is arrested for raping Ali. He puts pressure on the NYPD to catch Curtis this time--he doesn't want this rapist to go free again.

~ Set pictures of Sela filming with Jason Wiles.

~ Tony Oller will guest star in an upcoming episode.

~ Pictures from Twitter. The crypt is from 8.06. I believe the exterior of that house will be featured in 8.07. The trashed living room appears to be from 8.07 as well. No idea about the guns:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Here's a picture of Gary and Sela:

[​IMG]

~ This post has some pictures from 8.05 featuring Flack and his sister Sam (Kathleen Munroe), along with one picture from 8.06.

~ According to TV Guide, Michael Weston (House, Six Feet Under) will appear during the 3-episode arc relating to the rape case that drove Jo out of the FBI. Weston will play Frank, Jo’s former partner from the FBI crime lab in Washington, DC. Frank made a mistake processing evidence in the Serena Matthews rape case, and Jo refused to cover up his error. This caused serial rapist John Curtis to go free, and Frank shows up when Curtis strikes again in New York City. His episode is scheduled to air November 18. (Thanks to Perfect Anomaly.)

~ The cast recently filmed on location in NYC. Hill shared a picture of Grant's Tomb, and he also revealed that the cast filmed at the Marble Cemetery on Second Avenue. AJ posted three images featuring the Gapstow Bridge in Central Park. Click to enlarge:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Mixed martial artist and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz posted on Twitter that he'll appear in an upcoming episode of NY.

~ Pictures from Twitter:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Here are some pictures from 8.06 "Get Me Out Of Here", with Jo, Hawkes, Lindsay, Danny and Flack. Also, perlnoir shared this link, which features pictures of Sela and Eddie taken on location in NYC.

~ Not strictly a spoiler: TV Guide has CSI:NY on the list of Bubble Shows once again, and they don't have high hopes for the show continuing past this abbreviated (18 episode) season. (Thanks to Perfect Anomaly.)[/QUOTE]

2. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

SpookyLights, thanks for the interesting info and the nice pics. I am soon pleased to see the episodes.
 :guffaw::devil:

3. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

4. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Agreed Mac/Flack/Jo are not a team to be messed with.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Totally agree. The rest of the cast could leave the show and I'd still watch happily and giddy with just the three of them. They are that awesome :cool:.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

They are nice together. But I'd miss the others if they weren't there.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I put this in the grading thread, but I'll put it here too. TVLine is reporting CBS will show reruns tonight instead of trying to compete with game 7 of the World Series.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/cbs-repeats-world-series-game-7/

ETA: Here's the official word from CBS Press Express:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

CBS hasn't updated their site yet, so I didn't know this. Thanks for posting it. :)

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Not sure why they had to postpone Miami on Sunday. The WS will be over tonight.

10. GregNickRyanFan

They didn't postpone Miami. They're just running a rerun from last season tonight. The new episode of Miami is still scheduled for Sunday as far as I know.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Would it really hurt the ratings that much if they aired the new ep during the game?

12. GregNickRyanFan

You wouldn't think so with a lot of people have tivo/dvr these days.

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Especially since the World Series is not exactly the Superbowl or anything. Yeah sure, a game 7 of the World Series is kinda a big deal, but it's baseball!!!! I'm a huge baseball fan, and watch nearly every game of my team during the season, but I would have TOTALLY watched CSI: NY over even game 7 of the WS. Unless you're a Rangers or a Cardinals fan, I truly don't think many people give a crap about the game or who wins. :brickwall:

Yeah, I'm not happy about this if you can't tell... :p

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think that's true at all. I'd watch the World Series over NY and I'm sure a lot of other people would too. Ratings usually go down with big sporting events and after last night's game getting press for being one of the best games in World Series history I'd bet there will be a lot of people tuning in to see game 7.

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

*sigh* You're probably right. Maybe it's just that really nobody around here (where I live), cares. Most likely because we were eliminated in round 2 of the postseason, and it's like meh, if we didn't make it's hard to muster any enthusiasm for teams who eliminated us. You know? :/

*resigns self to state of affairs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.