CSI: Cyber Season 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Cyber' started by Faylinn, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, that's the thing about CSI: Cyber--the show might take things to an extreme degree, but the storylines are always based on a kernel of truth. It's enough to make you paranoid, but at the very least, we should all be aware of the possibility of our devices being vulnerable to intrusion and all that.

Back in my day, we didn't have these new-fangled wifi capable toys! *shakes cane* :p

HoratioStalker likes this.
  2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

WHEN A WOMAN IS MURDERED WHILE VIDEO CHATTING WITH HER PARENTS, AVERY'S SKILL IS CHALLENGED WHEN THE ONLY WITNESS HAS PTSD FROM SEEING THE INCIDENT, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, NOV. 15

Avery with Tristan Jenkins

Matt Lanter Guest Stars as the Witness, Tristan Jenkins

"Corrupted Memory" – When someone breaks into a woman's house and murders her while she is video chatting with her parents, Avery's skills are tested when she interviews the only other witness, Tristan Jenkins, (Matt Lanter), an agoraphobic neighbor who is suffering from PTSD following the incident, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Nov. 15 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET /10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: U may think twice about setting up a video chat after 2night's new episode of @CSICyber 11/15 10:30pm ET/10pm PT http://bit.ly/1KBxrwl

REGULAR CAST:
    Patricia Arquette (Agent Avery Ryan)
    Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
    James Van Der Beek (Agent Elijah Mundo)
    Charley Koontz (Agent Daniel Krumitz)
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)
    Hayley Kiyoko (Raven Ramirez)

GUEST CAST:
    Matt Lanter (Tristan Jenkins)
    Kimberly Whalen (Isabel)
    Lak Rana (Neil Tomlin)
    Arjay Smith (Jordan Nelson)
    Kathleen Early (Georgia Stevens)
    Bruce Nozick (Gil Stevens)
    VJ Foster (Charlie Roth)
    Marc Fajardo (CSI)
    Murielle Zucker (Tampa Officer)

TELEPLAY BY: Craig O'Neill and Pam Veasey
    STORY BY: Andrew Karlsruher
    DIRECTED BY: Jerry Levine

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

AVERY RISKS HER LIFE TO CAPTURE FBI CYBER’S MOST WANTED CRIMINAL AFTER HE MURDERS HER FRIEND, AN INTERPOL AGENT, ON “CSI: CYBER,” SUNDAY, NOV. 22

Avery is on the case!

"Python" – When Avery's friend, an Interpol agent, is murdered by the #1 criminal on the FBI Cyber's Most Wanted List, Avery risks her life to capture the killer, the Deep Web's most notorious and dangerous drug dealer, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Nov. 22 (10:00 PM-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Avery goes in2 the deep web to ID the most dangerous criminal b4 he reaches her! @CSICyber 11/22 10pm ET/PT #CBS http://bit.ly/1k667S7

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Diogo Morgado (Miguel Casado)
    Evan Jones (Python)
    Allen Theosky Rowe (Teddy Frankle)
    Veronica Cartwright (Renetta Ferguson)
    Julien Ari Bensimhon (Bernie Renhard)
    Angela Kerwin (Deborah Baxter)
    Sam Towers (College Kid)
    Andrew Miller (Rupert Flemming)

WRITTEN BY: Craig O'Neill
    DIRECTED BY: Janice Cooke

4. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

THE CYBER TEAM INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A HACKER WHO WAS HIRED TO ERASE AN ASSAULT VICTIM'S COMMENTS FROM A CONFESSIONAL WEBSITE, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, NOV. 29

Cast pic

"iWitness" – The cyber team investigates the murder of a hacker who was hired to erase an assault victim's comments from a confessional website, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Nov. 29 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/10:00 PM-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A hacker got hacked, leading 2 her demise – who wanted her dead? #CSICYBER 11/29 @10:30pm ET/10pm PT http://bit.ly/1lm8AYZ

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Mary Mouser (Shelby Lockhart)
    Alisha Boe (Grace Clarke)
    Rob Estes (Julian Perkins)
    Justin Prentice (Carter Harris)
    Christopher Cousins (Mason Lynne)
    Christopher Foley (Finn Thompson)
    Dahlia Dacosta (Coroner)
    Michelle DeFraites (Young Woman)
    Lauren Elizabeth Shaw (Quinn Elliott)

WRITTEN BY: Carly Soteras
    DIRECTED BY: Paul Holahan

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

My post above for the 11/29/15 episode ("iWitness") will air on Sunday, December, 13th. Click the box for all info! :)

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

THE CYBER TEAM INVESTIGATES A BANK HEIST BY A CYBER ROBIN HOOD, WHO IS STEALING FROM THE RICH AND GIVING TO THE POOR, ON "CSI: CYBER," SUNDAY, DEC. 20

Editor's note: This replaces the previously scheduled episode.

Brody & Avery

"Shades of Grey" – After an innocent bystander is killed when dozens of ATMs suddenly spew money into the street, the Cyber team investigates the bank heist that is orchestrated by a real-life cyber Robin Hood, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Dec. 20 (10:30-11:30 PM, ET/10:00-11:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Cyber Robin Hood is robbing banks 2 give to the poor - @CSICyber 12/20 10pmET/10:30pmPT #CBS http://bit.ly/1XQfMOo

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

RECURRING CAST:
    Alexie Gilmore (Devon Atwood)

GUEST CAST:
    Molly Burnett (Nina Moore)
    Yani Gellman (Jackson Richmond)
    Jake Delaney (Andy Wilcox)
    Carlson Young (Mia Wilcox)
    Dylan Ramsey (Man)
    Anderson Davis (Agent Davison)
    Kerry Knuppe (Young Woman)
    Derek Mio (AJ Kim)
    Stephanie Michels (Judge Meredith Terris)
    Michael Cline (CEO Ashton Wagner)

WRITTEN BY: Brandon Guercio and Kate Sargeant Curtis
    DIRECTED BY: Louis Milito

7. EdgeofNik

EdgeofNik Victim

I believe the ratings for Sunday's episode, which aired in 70% of country after new UB showed that the problem is MS/TGW. Even though, Cyber started 30 minutes EARLY, so the entire ET/CT DVR'd only half episode and then with MT/PT getting it with MS(R) - how illogical was that original scheduling - it still managed an uptick. I wish they would try it on another night - even Friday at 9/8 - it certainly wouldn't do worse that H50 or even Elementary. They haven't cut the episode order, so that makes me wonder if S3 is a possibility. Is it selling internationally?

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I can only wish for "Person of Interest" and "Intelligence" to have gotten even a quarter of the special treatment that CBS is giving Cyber! :mad: CBS just seems to be going out of their way for Cyber like they don't for any other show on the network.

CBS Moves Elementary to Sunday, Bumps Beyond Borders Premiere, Sets Rush Hour Debut — Still No POI

9. Faylinn

Hmm, it makes you wonder if they're seeing how the Cyber ratings do away from Sunday nights at this point, to see if it's worth keeping on for another season. The ratings are bad, but they probably still get a lot of money in international/syndication markets. I honestly have no idea how all of that works, though, haha. ;)

I'm curious what counts as a "special episode" though...

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It could be a specific event, a special guest star, or its airing after another big event, like CBS is airing a "special episode" of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert after the Super Bowl.

It's sad that TPTB is treating PoI so shabbily. That's one of the network's most popular shows, or so I thought. :(

11. blackflag

From looking at a calendar it could be the final 2 episodes of the season! They did do several episodes back-to-back with "CSI" to get it over with. Could be airing 2 Wednesday episodes just to get it over with.

Honestly I don't think CBS could make a show in the US just for the international market. Sounds awfully expensive.

12. Faylinn

Yeah, it's possible. I only just realized that the press release also indicates that Cyber won't have a timeslot once Elementary takes over the 10pm slot on Sundays. I need to read better, lol. :p In any case, they could be shoving in extra episodes to get it over with, yeah--they did that with CSI and with Cyber last season.

This Sunday's episode is 2.11. If they air Cyber every Sunday, plus those two Wednesdays, I think they can fit the entire season in before Elementary starts. We have four more Sundays in January, four in February and two more in March--added to those two Wednesdays, they could fit all 22 planned episodes of Cyber in, airing the season finale on March 13. So I'm not entirely sure why websites are saying that Cyber is losing its timeslot--it could be over by then without getting cut short or pulled from the schedule. o_O

Oh wait, it's not on the schedule next Sunday, that messes with my theory. Oops! :oops: But if they shoved in another one during the week the way they are with the two episodes mentioned here (or doubled-up on a Sunday or two, instead of airing a Good Wife or Madam Secretary repeat), I could still be right. (Doubling up could also help get it to where these two 'special' airings are the penultimate/finale episodes, without cutting the episode order.) I guess we'll see when CBS makes an announcement.

(As an aside, I get so tired of the cancellation twitter accounts. Last year it was the bear, this year it's the grim reaper I keep seeing--we get it, you think CSI: Cyber is getting cancelled, and you may very well be right. But does that require multiple tweets every week restating it and gloating about your predictions? *sigh*)
    Oh, no, of course not, haha. I just meant that it could be a contributing factor in all of the complicated decision-making going on behind the scenes--along with cost of production, actor salaries, etc. Maybe it doesn't mean anything at all, though...
    Hmm, I guess we'll see. They're probably just hyping up regular episodes in a 'special' timeslot, though (unless it's the last two episodes of the season, as blackflag suggested--that might count as 'special').
    I'm not sure what's going on with that one, maybe they're going to air it during the summer and try to have a big series during the 'off' season? (They did get some hype with Under the Dome, after all, and Unforgettable aired during the summer before they shipped it off to a different station, right? I'm sure there are other summer shows, but tbh I didn't watch any of them.) Beats me, although it seems like the network had a lot of shows to fit into the schedule this year, and unfortunately a few of them have to get the shaft, at least to start with.

I heard rumors before the season started that POI was getting 13 episodes in a presumed final season--I'm not sure how true those rumors were, but if that's the case, they probably don't feel too much pressure to get it on the schedule. The fans who are going to watch are going to watch it whenever it's on, and there are no advertisers to entice with ratings if the show is going off the air. Yeah, it sucks, but it's a possibility. :(

(Wooooooooooow this post got long. :oops:)

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

WHEN THE CYBER TEAM INVESTIGATES A HACK INTO AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, THEY QUICKLY REALIZE THEY ARE INVESTIGATING THE WORLD’S FIRST CYBER-HIJACKING, ON “CSI: CYBER,” SUNDAY, JAN. 10

"404: Flight Not Found" – When the Cyber team investigates what appears to be a hack into air traffic control’s communication system, a greater threat emerges when a flight vanishes into thin air, drawing the team into the world's first case of cyber-hijacking, on CSI: CYBER, Sunday, Jan. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Pro Football Hall of Fame Running Back Emmitt Smith guest stars as himself.

CHEAT TWEET: Team Cyber investigates world’s first cyber-hijacking & @EmmittSmith22 guests! #CSICYBER 1/10 @10pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1ZeC8Gz

REGULAR CAST:
    Shad Moss (Brody Nelson)

GUEST CAST:
    Emmitt Smith (Himself)
    Victoria Park (Erica Chan)
    Marcus Ashley (Irvin Minkler)
    Brian Howe (Richard Reynolds)
    Andrew Asper (Anthony Briggs)
    Ramone De Ocampo (Stewart Collingsworth)
    Marisol Ramirez (Margaret Stoller)
    Sean Blakemore (FBI Director Silver)
    Marcus Giamatti (Artie Sneed)
    Monique Lea Gall (NTSB Investigator)
    Gillian C. Brashear (Debra Custer)
    Dameon Clarke (Edward Daniels)
    Josh Drennen (FBI Agent)
    Pilar Holland (Reporter)
    Julius Denem (Paul Lammers)

WRITTEN BY: Thomas Hoppe
    DIRECTED BY: Skipp Sudduth

Photos are available at: http://cbspressexpress.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CSICyber
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/csicyber
    Instagram: @CSICYBER
    CBS Tweet: https://twitter.com/CBS

Cast on Twitter:
    Patricia Arquette @pattyarquette
    James Van Der Beek @vanderjames
    Charley Koontz @charley_koontz
    Shad Moss @smoss
    Hayley Kiyoko @hayleykiyoko

Cast on Instagram:
    Patricia Arquette @pattyarquette
    James Van Der Beek @vanderjames
    Charley Koontz @charley_koontz
    Shad Moss @shadmoss
    Hayley Kiyoko @kiyoko11

14. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think it's good idea from CBS. Elementary should go to 10 p.m slot in sundays in the beggining of this season and Cyber could go to Thursday. We will see how everything work.

15. blackflag

The new show "Rush Hour" will be airing on Thursdays according to the press release.

Cyber will continue to air on Sundays until "Elementary" moves. Cyber will also, along with those Sunday episodes be airing "special" episodes on Wednesday March 2nd at 10pm and Wednesday March 9th at 10pm ~ which is getting very close to if not at the end of the season. Basically it looks like they're trying to do the same thing as they did with "CSI" and compress the season.

CBSPressExpress "CSI: Cyber" press release page