CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Geez, can you guys smell the self-entitlement reeking off that question? :rolleyes: Seriously, if someone's only watching the show for the sake of DL, I'll be blunt, they were never fans of the show to begin with.

Considering what I've heard, I wish he'd actually give such an answer. In all seriousness too, because it's true.

So, I Googled Scott Wolf and, uhm ... you guys see for yourselves. If this guy's going to be Lindsay's new love interest, well, I think he fits the bill. :lol:

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Ok, spoilers are out for 5.09 - I'll take a gander and come back with an ETA when I'm done doing a quick scan. :)

ETA: Ok, it's a bit confusing. It seems to have a lot of going back and forth in time as it tells what happens. But here's what I can riddle out without giving away too much.

5.09 "The Box"

~ The crew at an auto wrecking yard notices something dripping out of a car they just crushed - it turns out there was a body inside. It's a young Jane Doe, and they trace the car to the owner. The owners are a young couple with a newborn baby, and they say that the car was stolen.

~ Danny and Lindsay find a guy locked in the truck of a car at the wrecking yard, and he tells Flack (who then tells Stella) how he got there - apparently he and some buddies broke into the yard to play gladiators and they shoved him in the trunk. But they ran before they could get him out because they saw headlights and didn't want to get caught. (That should be interesting. :lol:)

~ Sid and Sheldon have a scene where they talk about how the job affects them and that it never gets easier.

~ Danny sees Lindsay leaving a clinic - she rushes off to avoid him.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Oh dear God in heaven, please let that either not happen or not be what it so obviously sounds like it is. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream: :brickwall: :censored: :mad: :shifty:

Down with the [​IMG] already.

4. Faylinn

*sniffs the air* Smells like...

[​IMG]

5. PerfectAnomaly

I just can't wait to see Danny in the leather jacket, orange life vest and skis. :rolleyes: :(

ETA: I stand corrected. It's a yellow, life belt thingy [​IMG] and I must have removed the image of the shorts from my mind with brain bleach.

If this spoiler leads where I dread it will, TPTB can [​IMG].

6. Faylinn

I've been so optimistic about this season so far. Now I'm not sure whether to laugh or be appalled at the implications.

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I've really been giving NY and its writers a LOT more credit than that all this time, so as far as that shark-jump of a spoiler is concerned I'm going to have to wait to see if those sides come true or not. That and I'm going to do some digging as to the first ep in which Rikki returns... I feel like there might be a suspicious coincidence between her return and that ep.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That's one twist I didn't see coming. What happened to Anna's whole, "People can't be pregnant and work around chemicals in this job"? :wtf:

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I'll just say this: in this case, knowing the source of these particular spoilers, I'm going to be very skeptical of this development and not expect anything until I see things for myself on screen. Them going bust has happened before multiple times, to the point of name switches and massive changes in dialogue and settings. The basketball scene in episode 4x19, anyone?

:lol: One discrepancy already! And we haven't even brought up the fact there has been numerous spoilers hinting at DL coming to and end and Rikki returning with a 'big secret that'll rupture DL'.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: I'm going with laughing. :lol: These new spoilers are not what I was expecting.

Exactly. I just don't know what to think about this.

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

As a chemist I can definately say pregnant women can not work in the lab - some chemicals can cause deformaties or even kill an unborn baby. On the bright side if Lyndsay was pregnant should couldn't be at work and therefore limited screen time.

12. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

When I read the spoiler, my first thought was "That's seems a little too obvious..." Perhaps it's not a shark you smell, but a red herring.

13. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

What do you mean?

Fill me in what does this mean?

And did someone read Lindsey is pregnant?

14. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I'm going to sit tight re: that newest potentially cringe-worthy spoiler... after all, it could be Lindsay visiting a clinic to see about a regular and reliable form of birth control because she's now interested in a new guy. Heaven Knows, she and Danny never needed anything permanent of that nature I would guess, since it looks like they only had the drunken pool table hook-up one time. :devil:

Seriously I agree with whomever said above, I'm thinking that spoiler, if accurate, is more of the Red Herring than the Shark nature. (And who knows, Lindsay and Rikki could have inexplicably become pals of sorts, and Lindsay is running Rikki a "favor"? ) :lol: After all, didn't a very early spoiler indicate that Lindsay is somehow still connected to some of Danny's troubles, but rather than being the source of them, she actually ends up coming to his rescue in some way? I rememer reading something to that affect earlier on.

Thinking Positive...Thinking Positive My Spidey Sense tells me that this is the year the writers decide to finally develop Lindsay Monroe above and beyond her previous Hip-Attachment to Danny Messer, something that both characters deserve. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

15. PerfectAnomaly

I'm definitely waiting to see before I get too worked up. I wouldn't be me if I didn't automatically go to the worst case scenario and bitch a little about how I'd feel if that is what ends up happening. :rolleyes: But the pictures in the "CSI: NY Celebrates the 100th episode" thread shows cast photos and Anna Belknap is definitely pregnant. As much as I hate the thought of Lindsay being pregnant I would rather they write it into the show than try to ignore it like with her first baby. That was just a disaster and I'd rather not have it repeated. I can see them hiding it at first until it's confirmed she's pregnant and then jumping forward in time so she's showing.

I agree that there is a lot of explaining to do about the time line so that Lindsay hasn't been working around chemicals while she knew she was pregnant and in regard to Lindsay telling Mac she was "stupid" for being "involved" with Danny. Also with how far along Anna is compared to Lindsay. They can jump forward in time as long as they don't have a story arc going where that time line wouldn't make sense with how far along Lindsay suddenly becomes.

This also makes me believe Rikki is just a plot device to further the Drama Llama. Some of us feared it from the beginning and then had hope she was going to be more than that, but these spoilers pretty much make me think a great character will be wasted. In light of Lindsay possibly being pregnant I think Rikki's "big secret" will be that she slept with Danny. It isn't a secret to the audience, but it is a secret to Lindsay and if Lindsay and Danny have decided to start over since they are having a child and Lindsay finds out that Danny "cheated" it could "rupture" their relationship.

Another thing I just thought of is taking the words "bump" and "rupture" literally. I know people said they thought "bump" could refer to one or both (please God, no) Rikki and Lindsay being pregnant. What if "rupture" refers to Rikki coming back and her secret throws Lindsay into an emo attack and she ends up losing the baby. :rolleyes: Yeah, I know it's out there and is definitely a worst case scenario, but at this point I wouldn't put anything past TPTB.

If something that ridiculous happens we'd definitely be seeing Danny in the leather jacket, scary shorts and skis getting ready for his big stunt. :lol: :rolleyes: :( :shifty:

On a happier note, I'm excited for Sid and Hawkes bonding! Too bad they can't have a baby together. That'd actually be cute! :lol:

ETA: I just thought of the ultimate worst case scenario, and yeah, it's waaay out there and highly unlikely too. I'm gonna say it anyway because I can and I feel like being a drama queen right now. :p What if Rikki returns and she's gone 'round the bend and something happens to put Danny in danger? Spoilers say Lindsay will "come to the rescue," so what if she has to save Danny (and/or possibly Rikki) because of Rikki for some reason and she ends up getting hurt and loses the baby? My worst case scenarios seem to end up with Rikki being the bad guy and Lindsay being the victim in an effort to make Lindsay more sympathetic. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me too much if they went that route. :rolleyes: :wtf: Of course Ollie is still in the mix so maybe he figures in somewhere that will get Rikki off the hook and he can continue to be utterly and completely villanized. OK, I'm stopping now. I got on a speculation roll and couldn't let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.