The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

For the moment I think I'm going to just guess where Clare is from, though it's not that vital to the story if I don't know, I was just curious.

Also are we allowed to post crossover fics. Because the NY fic I'm currently working on is a crossover with Criminal Minds.

Also are we allowed to post crossover fics. Because the NY fic I'm currently working on is a crossover with Criminal Minds.

Yes, as long as CSI characters are the main focus of the story, you can post a crossover with another show. :)

Also another thing, is Flack Irish-American because I swear I read someone like maybe in a profile somewhere that he's Irish-American. I could be wrong, but it would be cool to know for sure.

hello everyone.
i'm quite new at the whole writing stuff and i've started several stories but i can't find energy to finish them. i just have great ideas spinning around, i post them in other forum (later i post them on ff.net, could be useful it ff.net allowed story updates in the way we post stuff on forums. ) i posted links to my stories on this forum but i guess nobody reads them actually. sad but truth. well one story has review on ff.net as on other forum, but others doesn't.

right now i'm completely out of inspirational mood as much as out of ideas. and i was started to form out a new story (CSI fanfic, Greg centred) but i lost all ideas. i got only title.

if somebody wants to help me or at least share thoughts please be free to let me know ( links are on my profile, you can PM me or you can post here, if there's any interest of my stories).

and about flaming- i prefer objective critics

Yep me again with another question. But I was just wondering whether anyone knows about the shift patterns of the lab, I know there's grave yard shift (is that what they call them) but what other shifts are there and what are the hours. And I mean for the CSI'S. But also are the police officers/detective's shifts the same or similar.

Any info you can give me would be much appreciated, I need it for my CSI NY/Criminal Minds fic.

Also another thing, is Flack Irish-American because I swear I read someone like maybe in a profile somewhere that he's Irish-American. I could be wrong, but it would be cool to know for sure.

I know some of his family is, so blood-wise I guess he is... but I think he was born and grew up in the states.

As for the shifts, as far as I know there are only three shifts: day shift, swing shift and grave shift. I can't remember the hours though. Perhaps you can ask on the General CSI area of the forum in the "I have a CSI question" thread. Maybe someone there can help you.

I know some of his family is, so blood-wise I guess he is... but I think he was born and grew up in the states.

As for the shifts, as far as I know there are only three shifts: day shift, swing shift and grave shift. I can't remember the hours though. Perhaps you can ask on the General CSI area of the forum in the "I have a CSI question" thread. Maybe someone there can help you.

I knew Flack was born in the US because at the beginning and for the first couple of seasons he's said to be from Yonkers, but I think that changed. I just wondered whether some of his family whether grandparents or what were from Ireland. I won't be going into to much detail on Flack's family but I just wanted to know because they'll probably be mentioned in passing in my fic, and there will be some info about Flack as well.

And thank you. And I'll be sure to do that.

Can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to figure out places and streets in Vegas for story line purposes? I'm doing a rough draft of my first attempt at a CSI story and I need some enviromental information.

Thanks so much for your help.

Can someone tell me a good site to go to in order to figure out places and streets in Vegas for story line purposes? I'm doing a rough draft of my first attempt at a CSI story and I need some enviromental information.

When I researched for my latest fic, I used Google Maps and found streets and nearby towns, then I used Wiki to find out info for the towns. :)

When I researched for my latest fic, I used Google Maps and found streets and nearby towns, then I used Wiki to find out info for the towns. :)

Thanks Smokey! As soon as I get a first chapter written, I'm taking you up on that offer of looking it over. Kind of nervous aboit this! ;)

In The Fan Ficton section would i be able to post a fic that i have started and it's PG-13 and no gross scenes apart from rows with the teams with a major confession coming outta the woodwork. Would be helpful if i could post it there and it's without a Beta-reader for now.

For the moment I think I'm going to just guess where Clare is from, though it's not that vital to the story if I don't know, I was just curious.

I'm pretty sure that in Season 6 episode 3-ish (i don't remember the name) someone mentioned that claire is either from or has family in New York

Last edited:

In The Fan Ficton section would i be able to post a fic that i have started and it's PG-13 and no gross scenes apart from rows with the teams with a major confession coming outta the woodwork. Would be helpful if i could post it there and it's without a Beta-reader for now.

Hi, Nicky's Honey. Welcome to the board. PG-13 fics are allowed here. We just have to be careful of what kind of scenes we have in fics that are posted here since there are young members here.

legitlyobsessed, welcome to the board. Feel free to check out the "Friendly Reminder" thread for helpful tips about the fanfic board. :) I don't know if NY has ever mentioned Stella's birthday, but there might be a character birthday list somewhere. I know there is for Vegas.

Hi, Nicky's Honey. Welcome to the board. PG-13 fics are allowed here. We just have to be careful of what kind of scenes we have in fics that are posted here since there are young members here.

legitlyobsessed, welcome to the board. Feel free to check out the "Friendly Reminder" thread for helpful tips about the fanfic board. :) I don't know if NY has ever mentioned Stella's birthday, but there might be a character birthday list somewhere. I know there is for Vegas.

I've been a member almost two years and i've recently started a fic about Nick and his ex girlfriend and it's PG-13 but where would i post it?

Back